Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
How early do they allow check in?
we are arrive to MLE at 0830 and hope to be on the resort by 10 but would we be able to check into our room or would we have to wait?
Diamond and Gold as well.
Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by chickenbutt
we are arrive to MLE at 0830 and hope to be on the resort by 10 but would we be able to check into our room or would we have to wait?
Thanks
As a Diamond and GoId I’m sure you know the answer already
if your room is ready then yes you will be able to check-in, if it’s not ready then....
Check-in time is listed, as always, on your email confirmation and hotel website
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chickenbutt
Thanks
I have often landed in Maldives that early and the hotels have always been accommodating. I really don't see an issue with you getting a room as long as they have your category available. If they don't then to be honest you are probably looking at a couple of hours wait at the most. Enjoy some lunch? At St Regis they asked me to have breakfast till our room was ready.

My only bad experiance was the hotel which is just up the road from the airport. They have a 7pm check-in for some reason and we landed up there at 330. They refused to give us a room till 7pm unless we paid up $150 extra which was silly for 3hrs.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
We just recently got the status through the AMEX Hilton cards and specifically to earn points for WA Maldives, so we have not been able to experience what the status offers but I'm sure your right and its based on availability but was just curious if it was more or less common.
Gonna be going in Mid March so fingers crossed
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:27 am

Noticed on recent email communication with hotel that the transfer will be $650 now
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Whitedesert1
Noticed on recent email communication with hotel that the transfer will be $650 now
$650++ vs current $600++?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;

I booked my reward stay in June 2020 for travel in June 2021, my email stats $650 + 23.2%. ... Our shared luxury yacht transfer fee is at US$650+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult on a return basis.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
What's the trick to actually finding award space at the WA? Been checking every day but only really see those premium rewards
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
What's the trick to actually finding award space at the WA? Been checking every day but only really see those premium rewards
Luck.

Use the calendar to see where the 120k nights are. Simplest way is to try and book a night when they're full (NYE a good example) and then use calendar view.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Luck.

Use the calendar to see where the 120k nights are. Simplest way is to try and book a night when they're full (NYE a good example) and then use calendar view.
You need to book a year in advance. If you’re looking at the holiday period for 2021, there is a 7 night minimum.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by setho212
You need to book a year in advance. If you’re looking at the holiday period for 2021, there is a 7 night minimum.
As mentioned you will need to book a year in advance if you want specific dates. Start looking at the general trend of when awards are releasing (morning or evening) a couple of weeks beforehand. You may have to book individual nights if booking more than 5 nights and forgo the 5 free night in order to piece a longer stay
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.