Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
Originally Posted by senatorbrown View Post
Having same issues. Did you ever receive your credit? Is it official dead for this property now? I know it was taken off the official Hilton resort list earlier this year - has anyone been able to trigger the Aspire $250 resort credit for this property recently? Made a charge 11 days ago and nothing has shown up yet - getting the standard "8-12 weeks" line from the AMEX rep. When I know in the past I've had it post in 3 days or so.

I bought this up a month or two ago with screen shot of this property no longer listed for the $250 credit. Looks like this is actually true by the sound of things.

As an aside, I too have been having issues on the Waldorf/Conrad amex offer and things not coding correctly. (Spend $500 get $125 back) They have to 'research' spend since it was not automatically flagged for the credit.

very interesting, amex seems to be digging into everything now a days!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:13 pm

Has anyone had luck negotiating an upgrade prior to arrival? I have a reservation for standard Reef Villa in February and when I inquired about upgrade to Grand Reef back in September, I was quoted $1395++ which is the difference between the two minus a 10% discount.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Just cancelled a stay for the 11-17th of Feb if people are looking not sure if it populated back to the site yet.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K | Delta Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tex1721
Originally Posted by senatorbrown View Post
Having same issues. Did you ever receive your credit? Is it official dead for this property now? I know it was taken off the official Hilton resort list earlier this year - has anyone been able to trigger the Aspire $250 resort credit for this property recently? Made a charge 11 days ago and nothing has shown up yet - getting the standard "8-12 weeks" line from the AMEX rep. When I know in the past I've had it post in 3 days or so.

I bought this up a month or two ago with screen shot of this property no longer listed for the $250 credit. Looks like this is actually true by the sound of things.
I had charges post on November 11th and received my $250 Hilton Resort Credit two days later on the 13th.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
So we have a 20 night reservation on points. Would we get bored?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Football Fan
That is an awesome question. I thought my reservation for 14 days might be a bit much. Let alone 20!
Old Dec 18, 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by ffman999
That is an awesome question. I thought my reservation for 14 days might be a bit much. Let alone 20!
And here I was thinking my 11 night stay was excessive! My partner and I are both in dire need of a vacation and we both enjoy sitting around the pool, reading, and swimming so I'm not afraid of being bored. For twenty days I would be worried about what the final food bill would look like, though.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
To be honest only you can answer that. I love Maldives but find my limit is 7 nights. But some people can sit around a pool for 2 weeks without any issues. My friend refuses to go there as he thinks he would get bored after 2 nights.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Talking

The wife and I stayed 8 nights last year and wished we had more time. We worked out at the gym, snorkeled, tried the different restaurants, hung out at the villa, enjoyed the sunsets at Amber and never became bored. We are scheduled to visit the WA for 11 nights (points and certs) this April -May and 5 nights at the STR. Guess it depends on what type of vacation you want- becoming very familiar with one island vs seeing new sights and traveling around.

Congrats on 20 nights on points -wonder if that is the record?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:11 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I wouldn’t get bored but I would definitely go broke!!!
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Wow! Good for you! Even if my life allowed a 20 night getaway I probably would not last more than a week, 10 days max in 1 place. Why not split into 2 stays of 10 nights each 6-12 months apart?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond / CX Gold
2021 Xmas redemptions

Hearing from the hotel that there will be a 7 day min stay over the festive season in 2021. Standard redemption would again likely be a struggle for 7 consecutive nights.

Anyone has any insights on when the standard redemptions will be released?
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:07 pm

If you're scuba certified, I think it's impossible to be bored here. There's plenty to do even if you're not going to scuba. Snorkeling is world class also. But the scuba shop there is as good as it gets, and it's somehow one of the cheapest activities available at the resort. They have boats leaving 3 times a day, so it's super easy to hop on a trip with relatively little notice. My favorite part of the resort for sure.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Moflav
The wife and I stayed 8 nights last year and wished we had more time. We worked out at the gym, snorkeled, tried the different restaurants, hung out at the villa, enjoyed the sunsets at Amber and never became bored. We are scheduled to visit the WA for 11 nights (points and certs) this April -May and 5 nights at the STR. Guess it depends on what type of vacation you want- becoming very familiar with one island vs seeing new sights and traveling around.

Congrats on 20 nights on points -wonder if that is the record?
Did 31 nights on points in Jan this year, but that was at Rangali where it's 380K for 5. Would've gone broke if I had to pay for all those nights though.....
Old Dec 27, 2020, 4:18 pm

Does anyone know how travel insurance would work for an award redemption? I've got a trip to the WA booked for Feb, but I'd like to cover the one night cancellation penalty. 30-days just feels like anything can happen and I'd rather not be stuck paying $2,500. However, most of the policies I've looked at use terminology covering deposits, not cancellation penalties for award stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.