Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:21 pm

Award Stays open for 2021 April 14-22
Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Schtingi
Award Stays open for 2021 April 14-22
Thanks!!! I booked that but would like to find this fall! Is there a way to put an alert if some becomes available with points?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by JK
Hey guys, wondered if I might pick some brains for a potential stay next year.

We're looking at a Reef Villa for myself, my wife, and 2 kids. My daughter will be 9, but my son will have just turned 13, so I guess he'll be treated as an adult.

Will the hotel allow this in our room? Will there be any mandatory surcharge for the extra "adult" ?

And any ideas if the Diamond breakfast would cover all 4 of us?

Many thanks,
JK

hi there they won’t charge u for extra adult... I have reed Viola and it acomódales 4 adults no charge extra... diamond beast just covers 2 u will have to pay the others
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Joroy70
Thanks!!! I booked that but would like to find this fall! Is there a way to put an alert if some becomes available with points?
Register an account with https://openhotelalert.com/, then set alerts for either a Reef Villa or Ocean Villa. That's how I was able to jump on space at the beginning of April next year within a few minutes of it opening.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by sambo150
Terrorist attack on the news looked like a Waldorf boat can anyone confirm?

https://gellerreport.com/2020/04/isl...edium=facebook
Seems they can't even read a map. That arrow is pointing to a location almost directly opposite Mahibadhoo.....

.....in fact it's Mandhoo.....

https://www.google.com/maps/@3.62003.../data=!3m1!1e3
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by osmantrex
Register an account with https://openhotelalert.com/, then set alerts for either a Reef Villa or Ocean Villa. That's how I was able to jump on space at the beginning of April next year within a few minutes of it opening.
Thanks just did

If I want a minimum of 5 nights and is flexible on dates is there a way to set it up or I need to make 1 request per check in day

Also I dont see the points option?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Hilton
Originally Posted by Joroy70
Thanks just did

If I want a minimum of 5 nights and is flexible on dates is there a way to set it up or I need to make 1 request per check in day

Also I dont see the points option?
If there are Ocean or Reef type villas, they will be bookable on points, so points option is not needed.

Best way to ensure 5 nights availability is to book when it first releases.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond
Will more award space still open up

I was planning a special birthday trip to Maldives for wife’s birthday in March of 2021. I was budgeting around $9K for four days which is a little stretch for us. I didn’t know that for Maldives , that is considered modest. Well unfortunately, she has fallen in love with the Waldorf. I found one night of the four with points. What are the chances that one more night next year will become available with points. The budget I have will easily cover paying for the other two nights along with transfer and food. Given its popularity with points, I am wondering if I should just start looking at other places.
Thanks for your advice.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by convert
I was planning a special birthday trip to Maldives for wife’s birthday in March of 2021. I was budgeting around $9K for four days which is a little stretch for us. I didn’t know that for Maldives , that is considered modest. Well unfortunately, she has fallen in love with the Waldorf. I found one night of the four with points. What are the chances that one more night next year will become available with points. The budget I have will easily cover paying for the other two nights along with transfer and food. Given its popularity with points, I am wondering if I should just start looking at other places.
Thanks for your advice.
It's impossible to say for sure. I would say the odds of getting at least one of the other nights is very good. Last year four nights in April opened up around September, and I was able to grab the other four I needed over the next few months. It's hard to say how much Covid played a part, but I had all the nights by February, so probably not a huge roll.

That said, it's impossible to say for sure, and a lot of people cancel 30 days out, which mean you could be waiting until February before the reward opens up.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:48 pm

Would anyone, by chance, have a photo of the wedding pavilion?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:27 pm

I am waiting and waiting to see if Coronavirus situation is getting better, but it is not . And I decide to cancel my Maldives trip today . I want to rebook my hotel stay next June 2021 . Can some expert kindly advise for June time frame, when you do normally see the award booking open up for standard reward room . I check Hilton website booking calendar and it is only open to April 2021 currently. Please advise and thank you.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I am waiting and waiting to see if Coronavirus situation is getting better, but it is not . And I decide to cancel my Maldives trip today . I want to rebook my hotel stay next June 2021 . Can some expert kindly advise for June time frame, when you do normally see the award booking open up for standard reward room . I check Hilton website booking calendar and it is only open to April 2021 currently. Please advise and thank you.
June 2020
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by dandychiggins
Would anyone, by chance, have a photo of the wedding pavilion?
Here are some pictures of the wedding pavilion from afar. I hope this helps.
Attached Images    
Old Apr 24, 2020, 10:42 pm

I completed my cancelation ( thru diamond desk), but my hilton points and certificates not returned to my account immediately, have anyone here experience the same problem. If so, how long do you see your point redeposit back to your Hiton account. I am aware there was a bug in Hi,ton system before ( when new website first come out) and it should be fixed by now.

Not sure when thing are back to normal again to book another trip.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I completed my cancelation ( thru diamond desk), but my hilton points and certificates not returned to my account immediately, have anyone here experience the same problem. If so, how long do you see your point redeposit back to your Hiton account. I am aware there was a bug in Hi,ton system before ( when new website first come out) and it should be fixed by now.

Not sure when thing are back to normal again to book another trip.
Others have mentioned that it normally takes up to 48hrs for the points to be returned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.