Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:24 pm

Private sand bank

I couldn’t find sandbank under excursions or dining. Do you know if this is an option at this resort?

thanks
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
BUMP
How is it a cheaper rate tho? Their cash prices are literally identical. The only difference is that one is bookable with points while the other one isn't.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by ccueto36
How is it a cheaper rate tho? Their cash prices are literally identical. The only difference is that one is bookable with points while the other one isn't.
Points wise. One books as a standard award and one as a premium.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Treytrey5
I couldn’t find sandbank under excursions or dining. Do you know if this is an option at this resort?

thanks
It's in their private dining options. Here's what they sent me when I asked what the options were: https/imgur.com/a/1HCFk16
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by htran88

This is the weekly schedule they provided me when I asked about Whale Shark Snorkeling. Unfortunately they only offer it on Saturday and I won't be there on a Saturday. Asking them about alternatives now, will update when I find out.
Thanks for this! Ugh, it looks like activity costs have gone up once again. I'm contemplating if the $110/pp fishing and $65/fish meal will be worth it with kids.
Also, anyone have any idea if the charges are the same for kids? It's pretty annoying if I have to pay $110 for my toddler/young kids when they'll just be sitting on the boat and not actually fishing.

Last edited by boobeary; Jan 14, 2020 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
I've had my eye on this property ever since its opening was announced and I'm keen to try it, but disappointed that they don't officially do any upgrades for Diamond/Gold at all. The boat transfer is pretty steep compared to other Maldives resorts. but I do like the concept of the resort running on its own time zone! (I learned that when reading the Flight Hacks review, which I found a pretty helpful guide to what is on offer aided by good photos. Surprising that the choice between an island or overwater villa isn't as clear cut as one might initially think though.

Has anyone managed to try the $900 set menu at Terra?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by cnote2254

The complimentary photo shoot also wasn't mentioned. But I'm totally ok with that, better for the wise.
We are currently in WA as well, and the photo shoot is provided if requested.
I will provide the full report when back home next week, specifically highlighting our experience in Conrad, where we stayed 5 nights before coming to WA. But in a nutshell WA is great, and few, some what minor issues we had, were addressed without any hesitations. But more too come, signing off now
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:48 am
wsc

I count 4 FT posters here right now? 😁
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:05 am

We decided to splurge last night and did the Wine Aficionado private dining at $750pp, just two of us. The location is in The Rock, which btw looks different than the picture in the materials I was sent ahead of time.

There is one huge wood table where they usually seat 15 or so people at. I loved the ambiance... The cave brought a very cool contrast to the island and ocean outside.

The table there has a story behind it that I can't remember. Here's why...

Now I wont spoil all the surprises of this... But this was one of the best things we've ever done. Started out sharing a bottle of champagne with the Sommelier (the same kind as breakfast), followed by a six (I think) course meal with wine pairings.

The courses were just fantastic, of course.

Each wine pairing was a whole bottle...
Each wine pairing was a whole bottle.

Yes. We had most of a bottle of champagne and six bottles of wine. Six!

I found only one on the wine list that's posted here, and it showed $400 fwiw. Regardless of price, we're not wine snobs but these were all excellent.

Hanging out with the Sommelier and chef the whole night was just awesome. 1000% worth it, even as this is a seriously significant amount of money for us. Today was a rough day though, didn't do much lol, but we're heading out for fishing soon.

Still have the complimentary champagne bottle in the fridge :-)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by wsc
I count 4 FT posters here right now? 😁
We'd be down for a drinkypoo or two.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Has anyone checked in early? My youngest naps around 1 pm and we're coming from Male. Where do people hang out while waiting for their room?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:21 pm
wsc

Originally Posted by boobeary
Has anyone checked in early? My youngest naps around 1 pm and we're coming from Male. Where do people hang out while waiting for their room?
Won't be guaranteed, but we checked in immediately as we arrived. We got here maybe 9-10am. Right now it's c60% capacity so easier going.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cnote2254
We decided to splurge last night and did the Wine Aficionado private dining at $750pp, just two of us. The location is in The Rock, which btw looks different than the picture in the materials I was sent ahead of time.

Now I wont spoil all the surprises of this... But this was one of the best things we've ever done.
Show some photos or you didn't go! *jokes*

Given that this sounds like an awfully alot of money - $1500 + 23.2% / couple - I doubt I would be experiencing this any time soon.

I think plenty here would be curious (or even envious) to what this experience was like - so are you sure you don't want to share more details?

Hit the "like" if you want to see more ?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
What you have read on the Rangali thread is a couple of really bad incidents and sure, while pretty scary, is not representative of what is happening on a daily basis. And again, if you actually read ALL the recent posts you'd see that multiple guests (myself, tom-schmitt and numerous others) who are here or have just left, have had / are having no issues whatsoever. Further to this, since I arrived I have met 2 new couples and 2 repeaters who have had zero complaints about the service. But hey, your recent posts have shown that you don't read properly nor is your logic anywhere near 'normal'.

Second, if you criticize me for making a critical post about the WA and how they are so incredibly stingy then you should also criticize everyone else who isn't happy with them, no? Get a life, Mr Wannabe Policeman.
Hello MaldivesFreak, every time I see a post from you, you are arging with someone. You also wrote an arsey comment on my blog.

Right now, you are in the Conrad Maldives (lucky you), but you have nothing better to do than sit behind a computer and argue with people you will never meet. What is your problem?

Why don't you just chill and be happy?!

Last edited by enox5; Jan 15, 2020 at 1:00 am
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Show some photos or you didn't go! *jokes*

Given that this sounds like an awfully alot of money - $1500 + 23.2% / couple - I doubt I would be experiencing this any time soon.

I think plenty here would be curious (or even envious) to what this experience was like - so are you sure you don't want to share more details?

Hit the "like" if you want to see more ?
Haha... what else might you like to know? I have a pic of the menu and courses but honestly surprise was a big part of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.