Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2021, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Whoa. That would throw me if I made the stay just to check out the new property. I've never stayed at an LXR yet, so being downgraded to the Conrad or Hilton would need some 'splainin!

Did they discount or otherwise how did they offer to make it right?

I was thinking about going down there just to check out the food court thing, looked cool. I'm usually game to try things on opening day buzz, but I guess I should give it a few weeks.
No discount. They gave me the prevailing rates for Conrad which ended up being more than what I paid for at Crockfords. They really haven’t done anything. I had a manager call me to explain what happened and then offer me a suite upgrade on my next visit. The email never came so basically nothing. Any idea as to what i could possibly ask for? I am less than happy.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by hsumh316
No discount. They gave me the prevailing rates for Conrad which ended up being more than what I paid for at Crockfords. They really haven’t done anything. I had a manager call me to explain what happened and then offer me a suite upgrade on my next visit. The email never came so basically nothing. Any idea as to what i could possibly ask for? I am less than happy.
That is absolutely unsatisfactory. I’d tell them (before I checked out) that I booked the LXR and have a confirmation at the LXR, because I wanted to experience the LXR.

They can either refund me 100% or issue a Be My Guest certificate for the stay at an LXR I paid for, was confirmed on, and was not notified wouldn’t be waiting for me upon checkin.

No way no how would I pay more for a lesser property with some hard-to-collect-upon and vague “eh, we’ll throw some sugar at ya next time with an unspecified upgrade.”

I’m not one to make a fuss (hey, I’m the guy that shrugged off poo-coated towels at a HGI a few months ago) but your situation is 100% wrong and because it’s the worst treatment at the best property in the portfolio... they need to make that right . I would have gotten this squared away at checkin before ever accepting a key to the Conrad.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I don't see how they could charge you the effective walk up rate for the Conrad compared to the LXR ( I could see them adjusting the rate reserved at the LXR to the rate then in effect at Conrad)- Looking at rates in mid july the LXR is c$120 per night more than Conrad so if that had been offered at first it would help ( with several thousand hh points as compensation)
I agree with FTDM that this is not acceptable ( perhaps raise it with your credit card company later) but would try again with the front desk

A bad trip advisor review might help get a response also.

Good luck!

Regards

TBS
hsumh316 and Single_Flyer like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 26, 2021 at 3:32 am
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I would expect this to be treated as a walk. I would complain. Agree with previous posters no-way is what they did good enough. You would have been treated better by the generic Hampton Inn.
hsumh316 and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
This is outrageous on so many levels! I can't believe they would try to charge you MORE than you paid, and I can't believe you accepted that! It is THEY who did not have the hotel you reserved in time ready! Never mind any machinations of what the prices were then, what the prices are now, a simple "sorry, hotel is not open, we've moved you - and everyone - to the Conrad" is perfectly understandable in a new hotel...although they SHOULD have let you know ahead of time since they did know...but to charge...you...more... is so beyond comprehension. I agree they should have offered you some compensation on the spot - an F&B credit would have been a simple solution. But to charge you MORE for a lesser hotel is unbelievable!

I have Crockfords reserved for a night in August, so I'll be watching this thread with great interest.

I'm also bumping this in to the "breaking news" section, hopefully the moderators will give this horrible practice as much exposure as possible.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 5:52 am

They have a Crockfords check-in area separate from Conrad. I just went through the check-in process there and had no clue I had been moved to Conrad. They did give me Conrad keys and when I asked why Crockfords didn’t have their own keys they just said the Crockfords keys are smaller and people have a likelier chance of losing them so they give out regular sized Conrad keys. They did end up giving me a Crockfords key at my request. After getting my keys, I headed to my room and my floor wasn’t listed on the elevators and so I asked someone and was finally told that I had been moved since no one was staying at Crockfords and that the floor i was on only exists at the Conrad. The Crockfords and Conrad are connected through a door. I couldn’t argue because i had no idea i had been moved. They assumed that everyone knew and everyone was notified so made no mention. I am in a Conrad strip view accessible room(only rooms with view of the strip available) in what is the middle floors for Conrad. Conrad price was about $43 more that what i would have paid for at Crockfords which isn’t much but it is the principle.

They seem reluctant to offer me anything. They don’t mention whether I get a breakfast or credit for breakfast. They don’t mention anything about being a Diamond or loyalty. So i don’t either and i don’t want to be a DYKWIA.

I could have gone somewhere else but last minute prices and Las Vegas being back to normal pre-covid business if not better, my options were pretty expensive and limited. I am sure Hilton would be unable to provide me with anything if I decided to go somewhere else not run by Hilton(e.g comp my room, get credits, discounts, same privileges as listed on the Crockfords website)

i will keep you guys updated on what ends up happening.

Last edited by hsumh316; Jun 26, 2021 at 6:08 am
Old Jun 26, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
They have a Crockfords check-in area separate from Conrad. I just went through the check-in process there and had no clue I had been moved to Conrad. They did give me Conrad keys and when I asked why Crockfords didn’t have their own keys they just said the Crockfords keys are smaller and people have a likelier chance of losing them so they give out regular sized Conrad keys. They did end up giving me a Crockfords key at my request. After getting my keys, I headed to my room and my floor wasn’t listed on the elevators and so I asked someone and was finally told that I had been moved since no one was staying at Crockfords and that the floor i was on only exists at the Conrad.
Um, Yikes.

I have a 5 nigh reservation here in July - so keenly interested in how this plays out. I decided to stay due to it being an LXR, i hope they get their stuff together, and sorry your going through this.
hsumh316 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:38 am

They have a Crockfords check-in area separate from Conrad. I just went through the check-in process there and had no clue I had been moved to Conrad. They did give me Conrad keys and when I asked why Crockfords didn’t have their own keys they just said the Crockfords keys are smaller and people have a likelier chance of losing them so they give out regular sized Conrad keys. They did end up giving me a Crockfords key at my request. After getting my keys, I headed to my room and my floor wasn’t listed on the elevators and so I asked someone and was finally told that I had been moved since no one was staying at Crockfords and that the floor i was on only exists at the Conrad. The Crockfords and Conrad are connected through a door. I couldn’t argue because i had no idea i had been moved. They assumed that everyone knew and everyone was notified so made no mention. I am in a Conrad strip view accessible room(only rooms with view of the strip available) in what is the middle floors for Conrad. Conrad price was about $43 more that what i would have paid for at Crockfords which isn’t much but it is the principle.

They seem reluctant to offer me anything. They don’t mention whether I get a breakfast or credit for breakfast. They don’t mention anything about being a Diamond or loyalty. So i don’t either and i don’t want to be a DYKWIA.

I could have gone somewhere else but last minute prices and Las Vegas being back to normal pre-covid business if not better, my options were pretty expensive and limited. I am sure Hilton would be unable to provide me with anything if I decided to go somewhere else not run by Hilton(e.g comp my room, get credits, discounts, same privileges as listed on the Crockfords website)

i will keep you guys updated on what ends up happening.
I'm a Diamond (by credit card, I don't care) and when I check in I always ask "can you please explain the Diamond breakfast benefit to me?" since they are all different, a hotel might have more than one restaurant, the FDA might have forgotten to give me vouchers, etc. I don't think it's being a DYKWIA to make sure you get what you are entitled to.

Now, based on this latest post, are you SURE you were never e-mailed about the switch in advance? (did you check Spam, etc.). If you were not notified, to me this is essentially a "walk", even if it is in the same building, and I'm not well versed in Hilton's policy but I'm pretty sure there should be some compensation (I know Marriott's is that night free, some amount of cash, etc.). If you were notified and it said something like "We are switching all Crockfords to the Conrad, if you do not cancel you are agreeing to this" that's different, but it still doesn't explain the upcharge in price.

You're not being unreasonable to want to be treated fairly.
hsumh316 and Single_Flyer like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm a Diamond (by credit card, I don't care) and when I check in I always ask "can you please explain the Diamond breakfast benefit to me?" since they are all different, a hotel might have more than one restaurant, the FDA might have forgotten to give me vouchers, etc. I don't think it's being a DYKWIA to make sure you get what you are entitled to.

Now, based on this latest post, are you SURE you were never e-mailed about the switch in advance? (did you check Spam, etc.). If you were not notified, to me this is essentially a "walk", even if it is in the same building, and I'm not well versed in Hilton's policy but I'm pretty sure there should be some compensation (I know Marriott's is that night free, some amount of cash, etc.). If you were notified and it said something like "We are switching all Crockfords to the Conrad, if you do not cancel you are agreeing to this" that's different, but it still doesn't explain the upcharge in price.

You're not being unreasonable to want to be treated fairly.
No notification that I can find. Front Desk told me that the decision to not allow people to stay happened the day before. I’m trying hard to give them the benefit of the doubt and having new staff, etc. But maybe some F&B credit or something or for that matter anything would help but to do nothing…sorry they did do something they did give me a lower category hotel for a higher price.

i am diamond by both CC and stays/nights

Last edited by hsumh316; Jun 26, 2021 at 8:10 am
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
No notification that I can find. Front Desk told me that the decision to not allow people to stay happened the day before. I’m trying hard to give them the benefit of the doubt and having new staff, etc. But maybe some F&B credit or something or for that matter anything would help but to do nothing…

i am diamond by both CC and stays/nights
Hi,

Thanks for that.It certainly seems to be a breach of the Hilton T&C's not to offer a breakfast benefit to Diamonds
( details here)
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...and-terms.html
It might also be worth while contacting the Hilton Honors Ambassador here on FT ( maybe by PM) although given it is the weekend he might not see it until Monday)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 26, 2021 at 8:32 am
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Thanks for that.It certainly seems to be a breach of the Hilton T&C's not to offer a breakfast benefit to Diamonds
( details here)
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...and-terms.html
It might also be worth while contacting the Hhonors representative here on FT ( maybe by PM) although given it is the weekend he might not see it until Monday)

Regards

TBS
Just called front desk. They said i do get a breakfast voucher and that they should have given me one at check-in. They said i can come by the front desk and pick one up. Thanks for letting me know TBS.

went to front desk and there aren’t actual vouchers just the $25pp credit.

Last edited by hsumh316; Jun 26, 2021 at 8:31 am
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:33 am

Just called front desk. They said i do get a breakfast voucher and that they should have given me one at check-in. They said i can come by the front desk and pick one up. Thanks for letting me know TBS.

went to front desk and there aren’t actual vouchers just the $25pp credit.
What restaurant is it good for?

I'm sure we all want to know where else you ate on the premises and how it was (dinner last night?).

Thanks for being the guinea pig.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What restaurant is it good for?

I'm sure we all want to know where else you ate on the premises and how it was (dinner last night?).

Thanks for being the guinea pig.
they told me a restaurant call “the kitchen”. I can try at other spots.

ive been eating off premises. I have some dietary restrictions
Old Jun 26, 2021, 12:25 pm

they told me a restaurant call “the kitchen”. I can try at other spots.

ive been eating off premises. I have some dietary restrictions
Does the $25 pp credit actually cover anything at The Kitchen?
Old Jun 26, 2021, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Does the $25 pp credit actually cover anything at The Kitchen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.