Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: Hilton
Just returned from a 3 night stay at Conrad Resorts World and am not likely to return:

1. Did not get the daily $50/day food and beverage credit. I found out when I checked out and viewed my bill that the credit is ONLY available at the Dawg House. No one explained this on check in.

2. Diamond upgrade was to a strip view room, not a suite. FYI: The strip view isn't great because there are huge empty lots outside the hotel and the strip is not all that close. I booked and paid for 3 rooms for 3 nights. I had guests who booked 6 other rooms and our group spent thousands in restaurants and bars on site. One guest who stayed only Friday/Saturday nights received a suite upgrade, but not me.

3. Late check out was initially $30 for a one hour extension to noon. After complaining about this, they gave me a "one time" complimentary late check out until noon.

4. Charged $317 at Brezza restaurant on Saturday night to the room. On check out, I saw that the charge was $634. Filed a dispute with them and they immediately reduced the charge back to $317.

5. They don't tell you that housekeeping does not come unless requested (I found out upon check out) so the room was not made up any of the three nights.

6. The rate dropped three times after I booked but instead of giving me the rate guarantee bonus, they only canceled and rebooked at the lower rate.

7. No coffee maker in the room.

8. Only one chair in the room.

9. No tissue in the room. Had to call for them to stock the tissue.

I travel to Vegas a few times a year and was looking forward to a Hilton where I could earn points, but I'm going back to Venetian after this.

It gets worse. I had booked three rooms for 3 nights. The room rate on my confirmation is $574.00 (before taxes/resort fees). My invoice from the hotel is for $675.00 for each room (before taxes/resort fees). Simple mistake and easy to fix, right? Wrong. I spent 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone with a desk clerk yesterday and could not make her see the mistake. I emailed her the confirmation of the $574.00 rate. She put me on hold numerous times, each time coming back with a bogus reason as to why the hotel was right. "You didn't figure in the resort fee" (the resort fee is $45.00 per room per night and is separately stated on the confirmation and the invoice - not an issue), "Your confirmation is for city view and you got strip view" (yes, because I have Diamond status and it was a complimentary upgrade), "I've confirmed that your bill is correct" (no, it's not correct because the invoice doesn't match the confirmation) and finally "I have sent this to my supervisor." I'm sure the Honors points are all screwed up too because I received different numbers of points for each of my three rooms.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 17, 2022 at 3:26 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by SoCalSteve
Just returned from a 3 night stay at Conrad Resorts World and am not likely to return:

1. Did not get the daily $50/day food and beverage credit. I found out when I checked out and viewed my bill that the credit is ONLY available at the Dawg House. No one explained this on check in.

2. Diamond upgrade was to a strip view room, not a suite. FYI: The strip view isn't great because there are huge empty lots outside the hotel and the strip is not all that close. I booked and paid for 3 rooms for 3 nights. I had guests who booked 6 other rooms and our group spent thousands in restaurants and bars on site. One guest who stayed only Friday/Saturday nights received a suite upgrade, but not me.

3. Late check out was initially $30 for a one hour extension to noon. After complaining about this, they gave me a "one time" complimentary late check out until noon.

4. Charged $317 at Brezza restaurant on Saturday night to the room. On check out, I saw that the charge was $634. Filed a dispute with them and they immediately reduced the charge back to $317.

5. They don't tell you that housekeeping does not come unless requested (I found out upon check out) so the room was not made up any of the three nights.

6. The rate dropped three times after I booked but instead of giving me the rate guarantee bonus, they only canceled and rebooked at the lower rate.

7. No coffee maker in the room.

8. Only one chair in the room.

9. No tissue in the room. Had to call for them to stock the tissue.

I travel to Vegas a few times a year and was looking forward to a Hilton where I could earn points, but I'm going back to Venetian after this.
Welcome to Flyertalk. Sorry to see your stay was somewhat of a shambles. This Conrad struggles to maintain the high standard of your typical international Conrad. I have stayed at the Conrad and Crockfords. The latter is of a higher standard, but still has some stinging reviews I would be unlikely to stay if it was not for the Hilton affiliation.

Having said all that, for the sake of those who still want to take advantage of the ability to earn status or redeemable points, it is worth noting not all stays are shambolic.

My last 4 day stay at Conrad was August into September. Using your bullet points to make a comparison:

1. I got the breakfast credit - in the end. They seem to change where and how to use the credit every few months. You should first check FT and other sites before you travel. When you get there ask for clear information as to where and how you can use the credit. If you are suspicious about what you are told ask someone else the next morning. If you are paranoid ask for it to be written down or perhaps record the conversation on your phone.

The credit can now be spread over your whole stay. My credit did not post on my original bill despite stopping by the desk the night before to ask them to apply it, so I did not need to do this before my 4am departure. It was fixed by a simple 3 minute call after I returned.

2. I was pre upgraded to a suite from the lowest room. This was a rare /unusual occurrence for me even for a Sunday check in, but nevertheless very pleasing.

3. I did not require a late check out

4. As mentioned above my only billing error was the failure to add the diamond breakfast credit. I booked the beverage credit offer and one thing that surprised me is that it credited properly! This is even when I bought drinks at a restaurant that sells food (Suns out), the drinks did not show on my bill

5. Housekeeping- of my 3 housekeeping days, I got housekeeping the first day without asking. The second day I had DND on till late afternoon. I switched it off at rang and asked for housekeeping and got it. I might have got it anyway because I noted a cart at the room next to me as I left. The 3rd day I declined housekeeping by leaving by DND light on all day. Who knows if Suites are treated differently.

6. I did not use BRG. The rate drops need to be within 24 hours of your booking and on a non-Hilton site to qualify. It is unclear if the rate reductions you refer to were on competing sites. If not you will not qualify for the bonus.

7. This is a common complaint. Maybe putting this in stay feedbacks might bring about a change. (Rooms only, as Suites do have coffee machines)

8. Missing a chair? I found an image I took from a stay last year. There were 2 chairs. I guess a superior hotel would have replaced the chair straight away?

9. There are lots of accounts of shoddy housekeeping. I guess I have been lucky - so far.

Last edited by kilo; Sep 17, 2022 at 12:12 pm
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hilton
The supervisor did not call me back and after two calls to the supervisor, I finally got a hold of her. She acknowledged the billing error and I received a credit back to my account of $342. So, I'm square with Resorts World Conrad now. Next, onto Hilton and the points. Hilton is doing a 2-for-1 promotion now where you get double base points in addition to the 100% diamond bonus, so it should be 3x base points if you are Diamond. Oddly, they gave me 3-for-1 on one room, but I didn't get the 2-for-1 bonus points on my other two rooms. Reading the terms and conditions, it doesn't say the bonus is limited to 1 room per customer, so I'll probably have to deal with Hilton on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.