Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

Reservations are open from June 25th. I booked a reservation for Crocksfords Las Vegas this morning! It times perfectly with my late July Vegas trip. I'm so happy that I can stay here and explore!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...-date-2332982/
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
Thanks for posting Cat88L3!

I am tempted for an August Trip to hotel hop ( Conrad/Lxr/Hilton) if the US travel restrictions are lifted on UK travellers.

Regards

TBS

PS Maybe not hotel hop looking at the prices for a midweek stay in Aug ( week of 8-13)- Conrad $400, LXR$445 , Hilton $300 although I would think prices may come down with summer sales .

However it looks like for some nights the Conrad ( 65k points per night) is cheaper than the hilton (68k points)
eponymous_coward likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 19, 2021 at 11:33 am
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Redemption rates are:
Crockfords (LXR): 94K/night in a King, 95K/night in a 2 Queen
Conrad: 67K/night in a King, 72K/night in a 2 Queen
Hilton: 63K/night in a King or 2 Queen

I didn't check too many dates but that seemed to be the most common standard room rates.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Resort Fee covers:
Guest internet access, smart TV casting ability, 10% off spa or fitness retail, 5% off spa or fitness treatments, 5% off cabana experience, 5% off 2 pool chair, experience unlimited local and toll-free calls.

$45/night at Conrad and Hilton. Crockfords' website mention the same benefits but the resort fee isn't being charged right now, not sure if that is a mistake or not.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:05 am
Original Poster

The resort fee is $45 at Crocksfords as well. I can confirm that there are no resort fees at Crocksfords if you are staying all on points. I know that's the rule for Hilton properties, but I didn't want to assume that was the case at Crocksfords. I wasn't sure if they were daring to be different in that aspect, lol.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Resort Fee covers:
Guest internet access, smart TV casting ability, 10% off spa or fitness retail, 5% off spa or fitness treatments, 5% off cabana experience, 5% off 2 pool chair, experience unlimited local and toll-free calls.
Given internet access is free for all Honors members, the $50+/night (after tax) resort fee essentially covers the hotel providing a TV, local calls, and a really awful coupon book.

Even if I wasn't firmly in the "ban mandatory resort fees" camp, these "benefits" still reek of cheapness. They can't even offer national calls or more than 5% off a cabana rental?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by lowfareair
... these "benefits" still reek of cheapness. They can't even offer national calls ...
Motel 6 has had free local calls included in their room rate since 1960/1970? At Resorts World your free unlimited local calls will be just $45 plus tax. So very practical to be able to make phone calls from your bedroom while away from home or the office.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Thanks for posting Cat88L3!

I am tempted for an August Trip to hotel hop ( Conrad/Lxr/Hilton) if the US travel restrictions are lifted on UK travellers.

Regards

TBS

PS Maybe not hotel hop looking at the prices for a midweek stay in Aug ( week of 8-13)- Conrad $400, LXR$445 , Hilton $300 although I would think prices may come down with summer sales .

However it looks like for some nights the Conrad ( 65k points per night) is cheaper than the hilton (68k points)

Yes, I'm excited as I've been waiting patiently for months with the opening date. God knows I love staying at my Conrads, but I want to check out/experience Crocksfords and see what it's all about. This would be my first LXR Hotels and Resorts stay. There are only 8 LXRs in the world.

I think for sure that the cash rates will come down, especially for Aug. I hope that you get to Vegas soon!
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Given internet access is free for all Honors members, the $50+/night (after tax) resort fee essentially covers the hotel providing a TV, local calls, and a really awful coupon book.

Even if I wasn't firmly in the "ban mandatory resort fees" camp, these "benefits" still reek of cheapness. They can't even offer national calls or more than 5% off a cabana rental?
Now, now. You don't just get the offer of local and toll-free calls...you get to experience local and toll-free calls.

I'm surprised they don't kick the resort fee to $75. I mean, come on...the experience!
notquiteaff and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Also, sounds like any fitness centre access ie gym may be chargeable. Not sure if hilton status will give free access. I seem to recall at the old Las Vegas hilton (now westgate) diamond/gold got access.

The conrad site did not suggest a lounge that I could see. I wonder if we will get coffee machines on the rooms but given this is Las Vegas probably not.

Still nice to see more Hilton's

Regards

Tbs
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

I see that they are giving a discount on spa and fitness treatments. This is different from fitness center access. I don't see them charging for the gym, but will charge for fitness classes, training, etc. I know that the Spa/Fitness area will open by Fall 2021 https://www.rwlasvegas.com/experiences/

I don't see a Conrad Executive lounge as well on their site. That doesn't mean there isn't one. I'm not feeling the Hilton UI for the site. It feels very clunky. I think the Resorts World site is better, even though it is still a bit skimpy on info. I know that Crocksfords have Nespresso machines in their rooms. I feel within the next few weeks, they will have more details/pictures available regarding the rooms and amenities.

Yes, it's nice to have more Hiltons in Vegas. The only other Hiltons I would consider staying at are Elara and the Waldorf Astoria. The WA LV is looking/feeling a bit tired, so I welcome the addition of Resorts World.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Be careful of in-room Nespresso machines. Caesars has them, but then they charge you $12 to use the pods!
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:22 pm

Without wanting to fly, Vegas is close enough to drive, so LXR might be the best use of my 2 free night certificates before they expire end of August, with 5th night free at Conrad perhaps? Free parking and car will be useful to fill up 7 days of activities.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:02 pm

I am just seeing a few room styles to book for Crocksfords cash or points There are far more options looking at the website. Am I just missing something or have they not posted all yet?

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Apr 19, 2021 at 11:42 pm
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Interesting that the Conrad seems more reasonable a points redemption based on rate than the Hilton or the Crockfords. I wonder if there’s a noticeable difference between the rooms. The amenities look a little stronger at Crockfords.

One thing that’s interesting is the Conrad’s not listed on the Aspire site that lets you make bookings with the $100 property amenity...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 20, 2021 at 1:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.