Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by hsumh316
Just called front desk. They said i do get a breakfast voucher and that they should have given me one at check-in. They said i can come by the front desk and pick one up.

I'm still steamed for you.

Let me translate the hotel's attitude and response to the problems they've caused you:

"We messed up your reservation. We charged you more than you expected. We didn't tell you this before you showed up, ensuring a snafu and dashed expectations. We didn't apologize with compensation. Then, upon check-in at the flagship of the brand, we forgot to give you breakfast. You had to take time out of your vacation to call us to fix this. Instead of putting the credit on your account, we do it the old paper way: and instead of running that certificate up to your room with a "sorry" or something to save you an undoubtedly long march through a Vegas massiveplex maze, we say 'come fetch it'."
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:35 pm

I really hope they get their act together. Here is another report
https://www.2realnews.com/business/c...rough-2387817/

Their Yelp is plastered with tons of negative reviews
The _Banking_Scot and pzpa like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by libuser
I really hope they get their act together. Here is another report
https://www.2realnews.com/business/c...rough-2387817/

Their Yelp is plastered with tons of negative reviews
The yelp reviews echo everything I've heard from people that were there, ouch, and LXR dropped the ball in a big way. To not inform any of your guests that the rooms are not ready and will not be ready for at least another week or two is not what you would expect from a place that touts itself as an ultra-lux boutique hotel.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
For those looking to read on Yelp...all reviews are under Resorts World, not under Crockfords per se.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
After reading this thread I'm glad I booked the Conrad instead of LXR, that sounds like a huge cluster.....

I booked three nights over the holiday weekend using my stash of Hilton FNCs and I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to make standard awards available for the 4th of July. When I searched through the app it showed the Conrad with standard award availability but when I clicked on it to book, it reverted to something like 220k points/night. The cash rate with fees and taxes would be over $600/night (premium strip view). I had planned on just doing a cash booking with the Virgin but decided to call Hilton Diamond Desk (Aspire plus nights for the past two years) and see what they could do. The CSR said the property wasn't open yet (maybe the award calendar wasn't visible to him?) and I informed them of the opening date. Also they seem to have upgraded their IT so there's no longer any need to keep track of the codes for the free night certificates and give them over the phone, they were able to see what I had on my account from their end and apply them in seconds. Not sure when that happened since the last time I did a FNC was in December of 2019.

I think it's odd that they seem to be struggling with the brand standards, all of the Hilton suits have mentioned in the press how they want to have a portfolio on the strip for their guests to redeem points and free night certificates yet they seem to be dropping the ball at RW. That wasn't my experience at the Virgin when I stayed earlier this month. I got upgraded to a legit suite in the Ruby Tower (Friday night, no less), with its own check-in, and got $27(?) per day F&B credit in lieu of the Diamond breakfast. And they let me check in before noon.
hsumh316 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hsumh316
You mean I have to pay $2 to get steak and eggs? I'm going to Hyatt!
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
You mean I have to pay $2 to get steak and eggs? I'm going to Hyatt!
$2? More like $15 after tax and tip
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I would like to know what a simple cup of coffee costs (forget about overpriced juice). We just got back from the Waldorf Astoria LV where a cup of coffee at the take away place was NINE BUCKS. It can sure skew your breakfast credit the wrong way.

But other than that I have to say I think we could make the breakfast credit work here at RW. And we will be aware of having a tip added in.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:57 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hmmmm
I'm getting data points from Social media (awful overall) and from the hotel directly
Hilton has 1774 rooms
Conrad 1496 rooms
Crockfords 236 rooms (They say service will be stellar and fully opened by July 4th weekend)

Hilton Beds (standard Serta Mattress)
Conrad (plumped up bed with foam topper)
Crock I'll assume more luxurious of all?
All brands have one fitness center they share
The LXR Crock has a ghost kitchen so you can order room service
All rooms have robotic mini bars and a small storage area for personal items supposedly.

I'm highly skeptical of the grub hub thing but they claim they have their own Grub hub team in house?
I am rolling the dice however if the stay tanks badly I will call Hilton Guest Assistance) Relations and or change hotels during my stay
I've heard of absolute mob scenes on the weekend so avoiding weekend nights at all cost
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I'm highly skeptical of the grub hub thing but they claim they have their own Grub hub team in house?
Correct. Miles To Memories placed an order through Grubhub at the pool.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:13 pm

OMG there goes the 12 dollar lavish breakfast credit.So You have 3.50 cents left to splurge lol
Old Jun 30, 2021, 4:16 pm

Hmmmm
I'm getting data points from Social media (awful overall) and from the hotel directly
Hilton has 1774 rooms
Conrad 1496 rooms
Crockfords 236 rooms (They say service will be stellar and fully opened by July 4th weekend)

Hilton Beds (standard Serta Mattress)
Conrad (plumped up bed with foam topper)
Crock I'll assume more luxurious of all?
All brands have one fitness center they share
The LXR Crock has a ghost kitchen so you can order room service
All rooms have robotic mini bars and a small storage area for personal items supposedly.

I am rolling the dice however if the stay tanks badly I will call Hilton Guest Assistance) Relations and or change hotels during my stay
I've heard of absolute mob scenes on the weekend so avoiding weekend nights at all cost
for the crockfords open date, did you hear that on social media or from the hotel directly? I have reservations on the 6th and an hoping that’s true since all the recent reports
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
OMG there goes the 12 dollar lavish breakfast credit.So You have 3.50 cents left to splurge lol
I'm going to be contrarian and say that an $8.50 flat fee is within the realm of reasonable for delivery from any food outlet to your room and/or pool chair - assuming it's a flat fee. Most hotels that offer room-service are going to charge at least that much for a meal when you factor in the flat fee plus the included gratuity and/or additional delivery surcharge. And that's usually from a much more limited menu. And if you're ordering for multiple people then it becomes a pretty decent deal. That's also around the premium most people pay for GH/DD/UE when you factor in the fees and inflated prices the merchants charge for their delivery menus.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kai Smith
for the crockfords open date, did you hear that on social media or from the hotel directly? I have reservations on the 6th and an hoping that’s true since all the recent reports
This was stated by an official Crock rep at the hotel who stuck me on hold to check.
I brought it up as there had been some folks who tried to check in to the Crock and got walked to the Conrad for the same price based on not opening on time
If nothing else goes wrong I think you will be one of the first guests in the first 48 hours.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you will report back on your experience
Positive or negative

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 30, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:39 pm

for the diamonds please don't forget being walked to Conrad, its official HH policy to get paid $200 in cash, and be given the first night free. Don't give up without a fight. If the hotel is playing games(which I can definitely see them do), just contact the diamond desk, they will open a case and will take care of this).
49penguins likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.