Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:06 pm

Does anyone know what surface the tennis court is?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:30 pm

Just normal hardcourt I guess.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Private Pyle

Yes, it’s in the poor photo I posted, to the right of the daybed, not easy to see in the photo though. It doesn’t swing far as you’ll smash into the wall or daybed.
Can we get a pic of the pool by any chance? please
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by pineapple_09

Can we get a pic of the pool by any chance? please

Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:11 pm

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:11 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Flyme is crap, but I think TMA does good work and is not overpriced. Honestly, the only way they could reduce transfer costs is with some kind of national boating system.

Gorgeous. Much appreciated. I can feel the island vibe just looking at it.

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Real?

No, and you owe Kevin Costner royalties now.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:11 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:56 pm

227 has the same pool, long enough to do laps.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:56 am

Yes, it’s in the poor photo I posted, to the right of the daybed, not easy to see in the photo though. It doesn’t swing far as you’ll smash into the wall or daybed.
Are you missing having the bath since you have your little one with you? Or is the daybed much more useful for young kids? That lovely long pool is fabulous - was gonna request a renovated DBV with a bath as my little one loves baths but after seeing the photo of that pool I think I’d rather give up the bath in exchange for the pool! I never used the bath at all in previous stays as it took so long to fill so probably wouldn’t even use it anyway.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by pineapple_09

Are you missing having the bath since you have your little one with you? Or is the daybed much more useful for young kids? That lovely long pool is fabulous - was gonna request a renovated DBV with a bath as my little one loves baths but after seeing the photo of that pool I think I’d rather give up the bath in exchange for the pool! I never used the bath at all in previous stays as it took so long to fill so probably wouldn’t even use it anyway.
Ours loves a bath and if I’m being honest he’s been a little upset having a shower instead so we’ve struggled with it and feel terrible . He was unsettled for the first three days and nights anyway which is understandable. If I remember rightly those baths took forever to fill anyway so we would have to move to a villa with an indoor bath and I’m not sure of the options. I know the SWV, RWV and DWV have them but there’s no way that’s an option.

He is getting time in the pool (both the villa and main pool) which he loves and we abandoned afternoon tea and free happy hour after a couple of days as it doesn’t suit him, we suspected this might be the case and we can’t say we miss them to be honest.

We feel this villa pool makes up for the lack of bath but I suppose we wouldn’t truly know until we tried a different villa.

The staff make a big fuss over him and he’s loving the attention.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
For those of you who were not successful in finding award flights all the way to MLE, what's the best nearby Asian city from which to book a paid flight? I would be coming in the general direction from Hong Kong, taking a CX award as far as I can go. But it looks like getting awards in any cabin on the CX nonstops to MLE is going to be difficult. I'm looking at flights 330 days out and there's nothing.

Prefer a place that would not require a visa for a U.S. passport. Although possible way may want to spend a day or two in that city, in which case a visa-on-arrival wouldn't be a problem.

On the map it looks like maybe Colombo, but I'm guessing it has more to do with where some of the Asian LCCs are operating from.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pinniped
For those of you who were not successful in finding award flights all the way to MLE, what's the best nearby Asian city from which to book a paid flight? I would be coming in the general direction from Hong Kong, taking a CX award as far as I can go. But it looks like getting awards in any cabin on the CX nonstops to MLE is going to be difficult. I'm looking at flights 330 days out and there's nothing.

Prefer a place that would not require a visa for a U.S. passport. Although possible way may want to spend a day or two in that city, in which case a visa-on-arrival wouldn't be a problem.

On the map it looks like maybe Colombo, but I'm guessing it has more to do with where some of the Asian LCCs are operating from.
From a LCC pov there is Air Asia via KUL or DMK , or Scoot via SIN.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:36 pm

Ours loves a bath and if I’m being honest he’s been a little upset having a shower instead so we’ve struggled with it and feel terrible . He was unsettled for the first three days and nights anyway which is understandable. If I remember rightly those baths took forever to fill anyway so we would have to move to a villa with an indoor bath and I’m not sure of the options. I know the SWV, RWV and DWV have them but there’s no way that’s an option.

He is getting time in the pool (both the villa and main pool) which he loves and we abandoned afternoon tea and free happy hour after a couple of days as it doesn’t suit him, we suspected this might be the case and we can’t say we miss them to be honest.

We feel this villa pool makes up for the lack of bath but I suppose we wouldn’t truly know until we tried a different villa.

The staff make a big fuss over him and he’s loving the attention.
Aw I’m sorry to hear that the shower has been a struggle for him For your next trip, Stokke do a baby bath that folds almost flat - it’s suitable for up to 3 years old. You could just pop it in your suitcase and bring along.

Glad to hear the staff are making a fuss of him and he’s loving that Hopefully the rest of your trip will be great.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by pinniped

We had the same issue getting a front cabin award flight all the way to MLE but we were able to get to CMB last month. Frequent flights from there and assuming you have Hilton points the Colombo Hilton is nothing special but had a suprisingly good evening seafood buffet. Fresh fish cooked to order as well as huge varieties of curries. Visa on arrival for US citizens or slightly cheaper to do it online like we did in advance and not run the risk of a line.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:40 pm

I believe I found a video from a crew member of the HMS Horde documenting their invasion of the resort. Its on youtube,, here is the link....
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Jamal06
I believe I found a video from a crew member of the HMS Horde documenting their invasion of the resort.
At 0:15 wasn't he walking on one of the private paths toward a beach villa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.