Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ss315
Ideally, we would love something like the Conrad Tokyo.
Unfortunately there isn't any Hilton properties at FLA that are even close to Conrad Tokyo. If you want a good experience in FLA, stay at FS Palm Beach or The Breakers. On the west coast you can choose the RC Naples.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Naples. And forget Hilton, stay at the Naples Grand, a Waldorf Astoria collection property. Top notch.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
I just came back from a long wknd at South Seas Plantation Resort on Captiva. The difference between Ft. Myers, Naples and Sanibel-Captiva is marked. To me, Sanibel-Captiva is a family-friendly version of the Fla. Keys. All the charm but no smarm. South Seas is located at the far end of Captiva. Much less crowded since it is a huge piece of real estate. It has the biggest array of children amenities imaginable. Not a Hilton property per se, but I saw signs about Hilton Vacation Club availability on the property. I wish I had looked more into that before our arrival. Maybe this will help you:

http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/...collection.php
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The timeshares at South Seas are impossible to exchange for points. We stay at South Seas every January, and I have inquired about cashing in points to extend a stay. All weeks are sold and any openings are snatched up by other HVC owners looking to trade.

Only Las Vegas and Orlando are available for points according to the Honors website-
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/rewards/hgv.do

Last edited by Dugernaut; Jul 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm Reason: added link
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Am looking at the Doubletree and the Hilton for a beachfront weekend with the Mrs. in November. Would be flying from CLT so direct to Melbourne. I cannot tell from the webpage, does anyone know if either has an airport shuttle? As we hope to be without a car, what amenities are close to either, restaurant, bar, grocery? Rates appear similar the weekend we are looking at.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Am looking at the Doubletree and the Hilton for a beachfront weekend with the Mrs. in November. Would be flying from CLT so direct to Melbourne. I cannot tell from the webpage, does anyone know if either has an airport shuttle? As we hope to be without a car, what amenities are close to either, restaurant, bar, grocery? Rates appear similar the weekend we are looking at.
I'd say go with the Hilton all the way. Of all the properties I stayed at there, the Doubletree was the worst. Not sure about the airport shuttle though as I always had a car. There is a Walmart and Winn Dixie (grocery store) within easy walking distance of the Hilton and there is a little pub restaurant called Coasters in the same strip mall with a huge selection of beers and some dang decent burgers.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I found this buried at the bottom of the property's page:

Complimentary self parking and hotel shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel including, the airport, Historic Downtown Melbourne, shopping, and the Beaches

David
Old Aug 4, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I found this buried at the bottom of the property's page:

Complimentary self parking and hotel shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel including, the airport, Historic Downtown Melbourne, shopping, and the Beaches

David
I think you are looking at the Melbourne Rialto which is not at the Beach. That being said, I just found a page for the beachfront Hilton that shows they have a complimentary hotel shuttle:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...#localairports

I did not find a similar thing for the Doubletree
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:38 pm

Just returned from a trip that included 3 nights at the Naples Hilton. This was the second time this year we were there (the first was in March). As a gold, both times we were treated very well. In March, we stayed on points. The hotel was very busy, so no upgrade was available to the executive floor, but we were given lounge access (you need key card access in the elevator to go to the exec floor), and breakfast coupons for Shula's.

This trip, we were on a very inexpensive rate, and hotel was still quite busy (but not like the winter season). We were upgraded to the executive floor, and again given breakfast vouchers.

Both times, the staff members were exceptional. Very friendly, very competent, always looking to help you.

Like others have said, it's not on the beach, but they do shuttle you there, and provide you with everything you need. We actually enjoyed walking to the beach, so it wasn't an issue for us at all.

This would be my choice if I get back to Naples again.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: Worldperks
Thanks to all for providing insightful information about Fort Myers Florida. I have decided to stay at the Homewood Suites in Bonita Springs. The points cost per night is only 21,000, meaning I could book eight room-nights. The online reviews at several travel sites were superior to all others in the area. Although not on the beach, with the money I saved I also booked a three bedroom vacation home right on the beach for five days after we leave the Suites. So I will let you know how it works out.

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en...orida/index.do
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: southwest, airtran, frontier, Hhonors, SPG
BUMP! Update on this subject?

Wondering about an update?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
recent NICE stay at Palm Beach Hilton airport (PBI)

Recent stay report. I had read a lot of trip advisor reviews before checking in for a 14k point stretcher redemption for an exec. level room. Oddly enough, the redemption level was lower for exec. level than for a standard room (18k). I suppose this is from a glitch in the infamous new Hilton booking website. I found the hotel to be quite nice. Due to a large bachelor party in the suite next door, I asked the FD staff to move my room from the ninth (exec. level) floor and landed on the third floor. Both rooms were equally nice but the ninth had larger floor plans. Upon check-in they provided me with a paper menu of snacks and non-alcoholic drinks that housekeeping later delv'd to my room. The exterior windows provided exc. soundproofing from jet or auto traffic. Some TA had complained (unjustifiably) about noise issues. The east view from my (two) rooms provided a stunning view of Crystal Lake with water skiers zipping by. There is a small dock over the water and a tiki bar. A pleasanter airport hotel would be hard to find. Exc. full hot breakfast is provided for Gold/Diamond (no exec. lounge) with omelet station, etc. Yes, overall the hotel and rooms are somewhat dated. And yes there is a slight mustiness that honestly is damm near unavoidable in South Florida September humidity. However, all the Hilton standards seem well-applied and I would recommend this hotel easily due to other above-mentioned charms.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Happy Diamond - Got a Room in Key West

Decided to go somewhere for my birthday. It was a bit last minute in planning. I have seen ads for thge Key West Express ferry from Ft. Myers and thought that would be fun. Decided to see what rooms rates were like.

YIKES

Checked rates for Key West weekend of October 28th. No rooms! Then I realized that this is Fantasy Fest week. http://www.fantasyfest.net/

Just for grins I looked for a rewards room. No problem! 40,000 points/night for the Doubletree or 50,000/night for a Waldorf. these showed up when I signed in and were designated as Diamond rewards. No need to call.

Booked the ferry and the room. Looking forward to that weekend. Should be a wild and crazy couple of days.

Thanks Hilton for giving this Diamond a room for her birthday in Key West during Fantasy Fest.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:49 pm

ahhhhh~ lucky you.
Have Fun and Congrats! ^
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Decided to go somewhere for my birthday. It was a bit last minute in planning. I have seen ads for thge Key West Express ferry from Ft. Myers and thought that would be fun. Decided to see what rooms rates were like.

YIKES

Checked rates for Key West weekend of October 28th. No rooms! Then I realized that this is Fantasy Fest week. http://www.fantasyfest.net/

Just for grins I looked for a rewards room. No problem! 40,000 points/night for the Doubletree or 50,000/night for a Waldorf. these showed up when I signed in and were designated as Diamond rewards. No need to call.

Booked the ferry and the room. Looking forward to that weekend. Should be a wild and crazy couple of days.

Thanks Hilton for giving this Diamond a room for her birthday in Key West during Fantasy Fest.

Congrats.. I will be in Key West on that Sunday.. Not staying, but cruising through on the Disney Magic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.