Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
OP here, I'll get to add another review to this thread. I'll be spending two nights at the Hilton Oceanside this week so I'll finally be able to compare all four properties (and see how the Hilton has changed since before the hurricanes).

Did online check-in and have already been preassigned a Junior Suite. Not a bad start.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
I did a weekend reward stay at the rialto in Feb.Room was okay. Upgraded to executive floor. Lounge closed on weekends, got Breakfast ,appetizer and drink coupons for two.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
ss315 - there have been no responses to your post - but if your research has uncovered something interesting - please do share on FT.

Cheers!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
ss315 - there have been no responses to your post - but if your research has uncovered something interesting - please do share on FT.

Cheers!
Had I seen this post earlier I would have responded. As I live in South Florida on the east coast, I would've highly recommended the Marco Island Hilton or the Naples Grande in Naples (it is a Waldorf Astoria resort). Both are just a quick ride from Palm Beach County. The West coast is so much nicer than the east coast, IMHO. The east coast has larger waves, hot sand, debris from the ocean, lots of jelly fish and sea lice. The west coast has dolphin jumping in the ocean, you can spot sting ray, beautiful shells, cool sand, clean beach, no sea lice or jelly fish and beautiful sunsets in the evening. I love going to the west coast.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: Worldperks
Best Hiltons in Sanibel, Naples, Fort Myers FL?

Hello:
I have about 170,000 Honors points to spend this winter in the Sanibel Island, Naples or Fort Myers Florida area. I would like to know if you have a favorite spot or recommend any of the perk properties as truly outstanding. We are looking for 3 star and higher and of course proximity to the Gulf waters.

My apologies if this was already posted but I am a flyertalk neophtyte. Thank you so much for any opinions you may have.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:25 pm

The only Hilton that looks decent is the one in Naples. I don't recall any in Sanibel, and Ft. Meyers is probably not where you want to be. Unless they have a new Hilton really close to Sanibel, The only one I saw was downtown Ft. Meyers or pretty much inland. Which means a lot of traffic issues..

You might consider other hotels, resorts on Sanibel. I did see something about Casa ybel resort and Hilton Club? Maybe there is some partnership? If so Casa Ybel might be an idea. Also if you stay on Sanibel remember that Captiva Island is another option. You drive thru Sanibel to get there. If you want to be right on the beach in Sanibel, the Sundial and Casa Ybel are decent choices. Casa Ybel is a little more private. A good steakhouse is Sanibel Steakhouse. It's expensive, but right on the main street and minutes from Sanibel Beach.

So I would say (unless you find other Hiltons) to try the Naples Hilton, and then stay there part of the time, and the other part stay in Sanibel or Captiva at another resort for the Island experience.

Last edited by Meter; Jul 21, 2011 at 10:31 pm
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
My family and I just spent a week at the Hilton Marco Island (right outside of Naples). We had two adjoining rooms because the in-laws were in tow.

I actually liked this property a lot. While the rooms are definitely showing their age in terms of wear and furnishings, the staff here is absolutely outstanding. Everyone from the front desk people to the housekeeping staff were always super friendly and always greeted you with a smile.

Again, the building isn't spectacular and the pool needs to be re-done, but the attitude of the staff made up for it in my mind.

Only problem was points not posting correctly and I'm trying to solve that with Guest Assistance now.

The only thing vis a vis point redemption is that the property is a Cat 7 while you can usually get a cash rate of around $150/night. So, it wouldn't be a hotel I'd burn points on because it isn't a great use of points.

My assessment of the hotel:

Staff: W=A
Building: Cat 4
Old Jul 22, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Last year (as a UK guy on tour) we stayed at the Doubletree Naples.

Downside: it is not in the centre.

Upside: everything. I was very impressed. Great attitude and "can do" from the staff- even lending us a parasol because they were concerned we would get sunburnt on the beach.

For diamonds, comp bfast for all, nice suite (hotel is all suites), unique location on the side of the cocohatchee river.

If I was in Naples again, I would stay here without any hesitation.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Naples Hilton would be my first choice !

As there is no hilton on sanibel or captiva and there are only a few HGI's in Ft Myers area ,the choice would have to be Hilton on Naples or the one on Marco Island . IMHO I would go for the Naples Hilton which has very nice rooms , a great staff , nice pool and also free shuttle to the beach . We have been staying several 3 -week periods over the last 5 years at the Naples Hilton and it seems to be getting better at every stay so this would be my choice ! Visited the Marco Island property a few times on daytrips and this seems to be in urgent need of refurbishments in the public areas and pool area plus Marco Island is a long way from most things .
Nice staff is good but you always want/need nice rooms and public spaces to get value for the HH points you are spending !!
Be aware that you would be better of renting a car as the Naples hilton is a few miles away from Naples downtown where most of the restaurants and walkable streets with small shops are to be found ; driving to Miromar outlets - close to Ft Myers-also makes for a good shopping trip .
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
The Hilton on Longboat Key is nice an hour or so north. The South Seas Island Resort on Captiva is a HVC property and very nice.....
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:35 am

I have been looking for hotels for an upcoming christmas trip to Florida. My needs are Cat 4-5(Could go for 6 as well, will use points), beachacess and lounge. I havent seen anything that would match what I am looking for, actually I havent found any hotel Cat 4-5 hotel in Florida with lounge and nearby a beach, have I missed anything?

During my 10 or so days in Florida I will start with a few days up around Orlando to visit the parks but after that its time to relax and it doesnt really matter if its Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa etc. Would appreciate if someone can point out what I have been missing .
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kempis
I have been looking for hotels for an upcoming christmas trip to Florida. My needs are Cat 4-5(Could go for 6 as well, will use points), beachacess and lounge. I havent seen anything that would match what I am looking for, actually I havent found any hotel Cat 4-5 hotel in Florida with lounge and nearby a beach, have I missed anything?

During my 10 or so days in Florida I will start with a few days up around Orlando to visit the parks but after that its time to relax and it doesnt really matter if its Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa etc. Would appreciate if someone can point out what I have been missing .
While there is no lounge, the Bentley is a GREAT hotel in Miami to use points at. It's right on the beach and the rooms are great. Mini gridge and microwave cupboard with a few dishes in each room, large room, nice balcony, etc. And they treat diamond guests right. There were two bottles of water (the more expensive kind in glass bottles) and a bottle of red wine with a nice wlecome letter in my room. On Friday nights they have free mojitos and nice appetizers in the cuban bar downstairs. The breakfast is a nice buffet with hot and cold items and can be eaten poolside. And the location is great. All kinds of places to eat at along ocean and you can walk to the lincoln shopping area or grab the bus a couple blocks away for a quarter.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
While there is no lounge, the Bentley is a GREAT hotel in Miami to use points at. It's right on the beach and the rooms are great. Mini gridge and microwave cupboard with a few dishes in each room, large room, nice balcony, etc. And they treat diamond guests right. There were two bottles of water (the more expensive kind in glass bottles) and a bottle of red wine with a nice wlecome letter in my room. On Friday nights they have free mojitos and nice appetizers in the cuban bar downstairs. The breakfast is a nice buffet with hot and cold items and can be eaten poolside. And the location is great. All kinds of places to eat at along ocean and you can walk to the lincoln shopping area or grab the bus a couple blocks away for a quarter.
Just wanted to note, it would be quite a walk to Lincoln Road from this hotel, especially during our 10 month long summer.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:31 pm
ljn

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold
Stayed at Hilton Naples, FL a few months ago. As a gold they treated us very well.
They could not give us a room on executive floor but they ensured we had lounge access. They also gave us breakfast vouchers for Shulas (good for hot & cold food inc a la carte or buffet) We recived an upgraded room (better view etc)

Yes you will need a hire car due to the location but the hotel makes it easy to get to the main areas you will want to visit.

Hotel does not nickle & dime you - eg free parking, free bikes, they offer a good beach package that includes transportation to beach, towels, chairs, bottled water and cooler (hotel is approx half of a mile from the beach)
No resort fee like at some other local hotels.

We would return
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jsocpa
Just wanted to note, it would be quite a walk to Lincoln Road from this hotel, especially during our 10 month long summer.
Yeah in August it probably would be an awful walk. I did it in late March when I wasin Miami and it was in the 80s with no problem. It was in teh 30s here though and I was trying to get as much sunshine and warm weather as I could enjoy

It's only about a mile and a half away from the bentley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.