Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hotel playing games with room allocation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Diamond who booked a king base room on points. Plenty of executive inventory showing up until 2 days before arrival. Morning of get moved to a queen room in the app. Show up at the hotel, they try to put me in a double as if I wouldn't notice. Tried to sell it to me as a high floor.

It was that, or they found a king, the worst room in the hotel. No other options. I took the king.

So after playing shenanigans I got what I paid for. Question is, does Hilton have a policy on forced downgrades for diamond members? Do they recognize being moved from a booked king to a double as a legitimate downgrade? Whole thing just aggravates me that they tried to pull a fast one and then try to convince me otherwise.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:52 pm

I thought I was reading my own story. The same thing happened to me yesterday at the London Hilton at Park Lane:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30040697-post646.html

Basically I booked a rewards room. For a few months, the rate showed up on the app as a King guest room. When I checked in, the front hotel "upgraded" me to a Queen guest room. Apparently better because it's on a higher floor. Better options available on the app. After a few conversations, they gave me a King room on a high floor (I didn't check the rate on the app because I don't want to ruin my vacation). The room is bigger but it smells like it used to be a smoking room.

The view is nice but not going to stay here anymore.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tristanmt
I thought I was reading my own story. The same thing happened to me yesterday at the London Hilton at Park Lane:
It's one thing when that's really all they've got, but quite another when they make you feel like a second class citizen because you're redeeming points.

Thanks for the naming the property.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Amazing. I didn't out the hotel but it's london park lane!!!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Changed rooms to an executive. Completely different room that looks like a post reno compared to a pre Reno. It's like staying in 2 different hotels. And in this room I can actually open the drapes and not go blind from the aluminum on the roof hitting me in the face. They should be embarrassed allocating the first room to anyone with status.

Last edited by saaveraward; Aug 4, 2018 at 8:42 am
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Amazing. I didn't out the hotel but it's london park lane!!!
Hilton PL does same crappy upgrade on paid entry level rooms, suposedly an exec on higher floor, had windows on side facing the park, BUT
o bathroom a tiny smaller than standard shower only and really small room
o room so small only room for queen bed, workdesk, no usual round table, and even then no room between bed and workdesk large enough for a not big suitcase to push through

I rejected room, but after waiting 1hour for call back, marched down stairs and demanded the DM had a go at staff for not informing me of totaly unacceptable switch to room w/o bath and tiny bed Took another houreven then to get a lesser deluxe room, crap view real low floor BUT a)king bed b)full size bathroom with fullsize shower cubicle and bath c)table+chair as well as workdesk+chair d)room to walk around the bed

Not hotel i voluntarily stay at any more, they lost 30plus stays/nights/year as wanted to split my week long stays with very nearby intercontinental to keep status as HHD and Royal Ambassador
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
I had this exact scenario happen to me at the Hilton DFW Executive Lakes. Had an executive floor king booked. Showed up, and I’ve been downgraded to a normal double.

I told the lady that this is very unacceptable, and I want what I reserved. She said there are notes they can’t move the reservations on that floor. I said, you moved me no problem. She said we can put you in a double on executive or a normal king. I took the normal king (on a different tower entirely from the lounge). I then told her that I refuse to pay an executive room rate for a normal king and my pricing needs to be adjusted as so.

Took 2 phone calls to the manager to make that happen. Anyway, I finally wrote into Hilton explaining the situation. Ended up getting a BMG certificate. Made me really appreciate Hilton, but I will never return to the DFW Lakes. I’d caution anyone else to avoid it.

I found that location is big on groups and events. If you’re not part of that, then you’re second rate and will be treated as such.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:38 am
Original Poster

So the exec room I got moved to had a strong smell of bleach. I thought fine. It's extra clean. There's black mold all over the ceiling above the shower. Someone scrubbed it and that's the result. If it's in the drywall, that's not going to help. And that's a zoom in pic. I can't fit it all in one shot.

Last time I stayed here, had no problems. Either I got lucky or management has changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.