Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Change T&C - minor wording change for status upgrades

Hilton Change T&C - minor wording change for status upgrades

Old Aug 2, 18, 10:15 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Hilton Change T&C - minor wording change for status upgrades

Will has become a May. Huge difference in gender and Semantics, amd already showing with no suite upgd at the DT JB which has always upgd to suites. Will investigate later, but it does seem to give a free hand to owners and properties to apply upgrades as they May please. God Bless loyalty scams but at the rate they are going its becoming too obvious.
ashkale is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 7:34 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DEN
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,910
???

I think this is some sort of rant about upgrades - but it's hard to tell.

Loyalty program terms and conditions are always subject to change. That's not news, nor is it surprising.

Note: Upgrades are the least important part of the program as far as I am concerned.
bse118 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 9:30 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,723
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Will has become a May. Huge difference in gender and Semantics, amd already showing with no suite upgd at the DT JB which has always upgd to suites. Will investigate later, but it does seem to give a free hand to owners and properties to apply upgrades as they May please. God Bless loyalty scams but at the rate they are going its becoming too obvious.
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
smmrfld is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 10:14 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, United Premier 1K
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post

I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
I second that
JetSet05 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 10:30 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Scotland & PHX
Posts: 481
I'm not sure if Will has transformed into May or it's the interpretation of "will" and "may".
Norri is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 10:53 am
  #6  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Diamond Hilton Honors Members will receive upgrades to preferred room..is now
Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival..
​​​to those who didn't understand,
And to the one who thinks upgd is the least important..thanks, one less upgd scouring member.
ashkale is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:04 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Diamond Hilton Honors Members will receive upgrades to preferred room..is now
Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival..
​​​to those who didn't understand,
And to the one who thinks upgd is the least important..thanks, one less upgd scouring member.
Could this be due to the status matching and all of the Diamonds coming in from the credit card? If the hotel is already full of Diamonds, it would be hard to upgrade everyone automatically.
Staley Cornell is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:08 am
  #8  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell View Post
Could this be due to the status matching and all of the Diamonds coming in from the credit card? If the hotel is already full of Diamonds, it would be hard to upgrade everyone automatically.
Not really- but definitely not great news for Diamond members.
Staley Cornell likes this.
ashkale is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:17 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Not really- but definitely not great news for Diamond members.
I am a new diamond myself and I agree that this is not great news
Staley Cornell is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 12:14 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DEN
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,910
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Diamond Hilton Honors Members will receive upgrades to preferred room..is now
Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival..
​​​to those who didn't understand,
And to the one who thinks upgd is the least important..thanks, one less upgd scouring member.
Is that actually a change? Pretty minor one if so. Upgrades have always been on a space-available basis as far as I know.

And the T&Cs on the HIlton site say effective date of April 2, 2018 so no evidence there of a new change.

This thread seems to be a complaint looking for a problem.
bse118 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 12:37 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,859
There is nothing material about this whatsoever. As previously noted, this has been effective for four months now, so it is not new. Secondly, the may/will language was always paired with a "based on availability" qualifier, giving a property discretion to basically do whatever it wants. There has never been any mechanism through which the guest can enforce on this - not now, and not previously - at least not a robust one, aside from pulling up inventory shown for sale and debating with the front desk or manager (YMMV...).

The house makes the rules.
arlflyer is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 5:15 pm
  #12  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Originally Posted by bse118 View Post
Is that actually a change? Pretty minor one if so. Upgrades have always been on a space-available basis as far as I know.

And the T&Cs on the HIlton site say effective date of April 2, 2018 so no evidence there of a new change.

This thread seems to be a complaint looking for a problem.
This is a NEW change.
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
There is nothing material about this whatsoever. As previously noted, this has been effective for four months now, so it is not new. Secondly, the may/will language was always paired with a "based on availability" qualifier, giving a property discretion to basically do whatever it wants. There has never been any mechanism through which the guest can enforce on this - not now, and not previously - at least not a robust one, aside from pulling up inventory shown for sale and debating with the front desk or manager (YMMV...).

The house makes the rules.
Sure but they are getting less and less favourable to loyalty, the basis of this forum.
ashkale is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 5:35 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DEN
Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,910
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
This is a NEW change.
So you say. Do you have any evidence - the current Terms and Conditions are dated effective April 2. So that's the date of the last change.

Upgrades are space-available. That's not new. Any change here is immaterial.

Complaint in search of a problem...
bse118 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 5:42 pm
  #14  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Sure Lauren can update us here if you need proof, not sure what you mean by your last line.
ashkale is offline  
Old Aug 3, 18, 6:22 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BUR/LAX
Programs: UA 1K/MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 2,487
I think the OP is referring to this: https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/08/02/...8/?omhide=true
wilp888 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: