Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Change T&C - minor wording change for status upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP

Will has become a May. Huge difference in gender and Semantics, amd already showing with no suite upgd at the DT JB which has always upgd to suites. Will investigate later, but it does seem to give a free hand to owners and properties to apply upgrades as they May please. God Bless loyalty scams but at the rate they are going its becoming too obvious.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
???

I think this is some sort of rant about upgrades - but it's hard to tell.

Loyalty program terms and conditions are always subject to change. That's not news, nor is it surprising.

Note: Upgrades are the least important part of the program as far as I am concerned.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Will has become a May. Huge difference in gender and Semantics, amd already showing with no suite upgd at the DT JB which has always upgd to suites. Will investigate later, but it does seem to give a free hand to owners and properties to apply upgrades as they May please. God Bless loyalty scams but at the rate they are going its becoming too obvious.
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by smmrfld

I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
I second that
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:30 am

I'm not sure if Will has transformed into May or it's the interpretation of "will" and "may".
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Diamond Hilton Honors Members will receive upgrades to preferred room..is now
Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival..
​​​to those who didn't understand,
And to the one who thinks upgd is the least important..thanks, one less upgd scouring member.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival..
And to the one who thinks upgd is the least important..thanks, one less upgd scouring member.
Could this be due to the status matching and all of the Diamonds coming in from the credit card? If the hotel is already full of Diamonds, it would be hard to upgrade everyone automatically.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Could this be due to the status matching and all of the Diamonds coming in from the credit card? If the hotel is already full of Diamonds, it would be hard to upgrade everyone automatically.
Not really- but definitely not great news for Diamond members.
Staley Cornell likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Not really- but definitely not great news for Diamond members.
I am a new diamond myself and I agree that this is not great news
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:14 pm

Is that actually a change? Pretty minor one if so. Upgrades have always been on a space-available basis as far as I know.

And the T&Cs on the HIlton site say effective date of April 2, 2018 so no evidence there of a new change.

This thread seems to be a complaint looking for a problem.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:37 pm

There is nothing material about this whatsoever. As previously noted, this has been effective for four months now, so it is not new. Secondly, the may/will language was always paired with a "based on availability" qualifier, giving a property discretion to basically do whatever it wants. There has never been any mechanism through which the guest can enforce on this - not now, and not previously - at least not a robust one, aside from pulling up inventory shown for sale and debating with the front desk or manager (YMMV...).

The house makes the rules.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bse118
Is that actually a change? Pretty minor one if so. Upgrades have always been on a space-available basis as far as I know.

And the T&Cs on the HIlton site say effective date of April 2, 2018 so no evidence there of a new change.

This thread seems to be a complaint looking for a problem.
This is a NEW change.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
There is nothing material about this whatsoever. As previously noted, this has been effective for four months now, so it is not new. Secondly, the may/will language was always paired with a "based on availability" qualifier, giving a property discretion to basically do whatever it wants. There has never been any mechanism through which the guest can enforce on this - not now, and not previously - at least not a robust one, aside from pulling up inventory shown for sale and debating with the front desk or manager (YMMV...).

The house makes the rules.
Sure but they are getting less and less favourable to loyalty, the basis of this forum.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:35 pm

This is a NEW change.
So you say. Do you have any evidence - the current Terms and Conditions are dated effective April 2. So that's the date of the last change.

Upgrades are space-available. That's not new. Any change here is immaterial.

Complaint in search of a problem...
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sure Lauren can update us here if you need proof, not sure what you mean by your last line.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I think the OP is referring to this: https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/08/02/...8/?omhide=true

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.