Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I don’t want to do the Waldorf Astoria for 16 hours in Dubai. If I was there for two days I would probably stay there. But since it’s so remotely located, and such a pain to get to, for only 16 hours and to show my friend the city I think the Conrad is best. They’ve already upgraded us to the executive level. Does anybody have any recommendations on rooms to request, and what views you should ask for at the Conrad? Near the elevator? Away?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:24 pm

We were looking for hotels in Dubai and were frightened away by the Conrad thread here. No need for nightclubs and prostitutes! We chose The Walk, still hoping that’s a good option for a few days.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Suzzin
We were looking for hotels in Dubai and were frightened away by the Conrad thread here. No need for nightclubs and prostitutes! We chose The Walk, still hoping that’s a good option for a few days.
I was not aware that the Conrad Dubai was near any vice like loud nightclubs or prostitution? Is this something that I should be worried about?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

I was not aware that the Conrad Dubai was near any vice like loud nightclubs or prostitution? Is this something that I should be worried about?
Not to be worried in my experience. I've been there in March and it is a fine hotel. I was not there for nightclubs or prostitution and I had no issue.
I do prefer the Hilton Creek for room/view, but Conrad ois better in location.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by MP001
Not to be worried in my experience. I've been there in March and it is a fine hotel. I was not there for nightclubs or prostitution and I had no issue.
I do prefer the Hilton Creek for room/view, but Conrad ois better in location.
I’m on the executive level. Is there any specific room I should request for a view of anything?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:29 am

Personally I would not use a free night cert on the Conrad unless the certificate is expiring soon. Rates are very low most of the time, and you should be able to find a different Hilton elsewhere in the world which is more worthwhile.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Personally I would not use a free night cert on the Conrad unless the certificate is expiring soon. Rates are very low most of the time, and you should be able to find a different Hilton elsewhere in the world which is more worthwhile.
You actually might be right about this. Especially since all the other hotels around that area are relatively nice, and new.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Let’s say I do cancel my stay at the Conrad. Which one of the one of the lower tiered Hilton’s has an executive lounge and would upgrade me and my companion to a suite with two beds?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Only if your wife is with you!
NWplatinum, ukdoctor and D3Kingg like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:35 am

I think using my free night certificate for the Conrad here was a waste. So I decided to cancel that reservation and moved us to the Hilton Garden Inn Al Mina for $80.

I assume all rooms are the same? Is there anything I should know about this property in particular?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: hilton
Hi,

only stayed red in one of these in Dubai

it was Dubai Creek

i would not recommend staying there it is chaos miles from anywhere

lounge is nice though
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:57 am

Nobody has talk to much about the Conrad. Has anybody stayed there? And is there executive lounge any good?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:41 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Nobody has talk to much about the Conrad. Has anybody stayed there? And is there executive lounge any good?
There's an extensive thread about it here: Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Originally Posted by Points Payne
it was Dubai Creek

i would not recommend staying there it is chaos miles from anywhere
Well the clue is in the name, it's by the Creek, near to the "real" Dubai / Deira instead of the sterile "modern" developments. 12 dirhams by taxi to the nearest metro station and not much more to go elsewhere if you are too snobbish to ride public transport
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Suzzin
I just stayed at the Walk. Decent Executive Lounge. Excellent upgrade to an apartment as a Diamond.

Frustrating, however, needing to wait fifteen minutes for an elevator each time; only three elevators for 40+ floors. Next time, I’ll stay at the Hilton Jumeirah Beach across the street.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
My wife and I had a 10 night stay March/ April for The Dubai World Cup we had 5 nights at The Conrad and 5 nights at The Walk both award stays. Contrary to all the bad reports regarding the Conrad we had a nice stay. Executive lounge was nice, very good food selection. Breakfast selection was good in the restaurant. Never encountered any of the vice girls in the evening. Great location for Metro, World Trade Centre, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall etc

The Walk was ok ,Nice Executive lounge with outside area offering great views of The Palm. As Sannmann mentions above there are not enough elevators and there can be a long wait sometimes.
Location is ok for the beach and can use the Hilton Jumeriah facilities, sunbeds etc. Although a fair distance from Downtown Dubai

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.