Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Old Jul 8, 18, 3:15 pm

Programs: hilton
Hi,

only stayed red in one of these in Dubai

it was Dubai Creek

i would not recommend staying there it is chaos miles from anywhere

lounge is nice though
Old Jul 11, 18, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Nobody has talk to much about the Conrad. Has anybody stayed there? And is there executive lounge any good?
Old Jul 11, 18, 2:41 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond and A3*G
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Nobody has talk to much about the Conrad. Has anybody stayed there? And is there executive lounge any good?
There's an extensive thread about it here: Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Originally Posted by Points Payne View Post
it was Dubai Creek

i would not recommend staying there it is chaos miles from anywhere
Well the clue is in the name, it's by the Creek, near to the "real" Dubai / Deira instead of the sterile "modern" developments. 12 dirhams by taxi to the nearest metro station and not much more to go elsewhere if you are too snobbish to ride public transport
Old Jul 11, 18, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; DL Plat; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Marriott Plat; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Suzzin View Post
We were looking for hotels in Dubai and were frightened away by the Conrad thread here. No need for nightclubs and prostitutes! We chose The Walk, still hoping thatís a good option for a few days.
I just stayed at the Walk. Decent Executive Lounge. Excellent upgrade to an apartment as a Diamond.

Frustrating, however, needing to wait fifteen minutes for an elevator each time; only three elevators for 40+ floors. Next time, Iíll stay at the Hilton Jumeirah Beach across the street.
Old Jul 11, 18, 3:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
My wife and I had a 10 night stay March/ April for The Dubai World Cup we had 5 nights at The Conrad and 5 nights at The Walk both award stays. Contrary to all the bad reports regarding the Conrad we had a nice stay. Executive lounge was nice, very good food selection. Breakfast selection was good in the restaurant. Never encountered any of the vice girls in the evening. Great location for Metro, World Trade Centre, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall etc

The Walk was ok ,Nice Executive lounge with outside area offering great views of The Palm. As Sannmann mentions above there are not enough elevators and there can be a long wait sometimes.
Location is ok for the beach and can use the Hilton Jumeriah facilities, sunbeds etc. Although a fair distance from Downtown Dubai

Old Jul 12, 18, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
I finally (I think) settled on the Conrad. With only 16 hours we just want a hotel we can get to quickly to/from the airport, enjoy the evening executive lounge, and have a nice rest. With the Conradís elite offerings, and the train stop directly from the airport it seems like the best option.

If there are any other recommendations (even non-Hiltonís) I am all ears.
Old Aug 18, 18, 11:52 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Good thread this, really helpful. Iím going to go for GI Al Murraqabat for an upcoming visit in late September. We are three, so I will book 2 rooms and two of us will share a twin room.
Old Sep 1, 18, 7:00 am
Original Poster

How do you get to the Conrad from DXB? Is it really as simple as hopping on the redline to the world trade centre?
Old Sep 1, 18, 7:38 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Yep, even when it is 40C plus, the Conrad is a walkable distance from World Trade Centre stop.
Old Sep 1, 18, 10:18 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
I donít want to do the Waldorf Astoria for 16 hours in Dubai. If I was there for two days I would probably stay there. But since itís so remotely located, and such a pain to get to, for only 16 hours and to show my friend the city I think the Conrad is best. Theyíve already upgraded us to the executive level. Does anybody have any recommendations on rooms to request, and what views you should ask for at the Conrad? Near the elevator? Away?
They upgraded you on a free night certificate?
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:36 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by Exleftseat View Post
They upgraded you on a free night certificate?
That isnít uncommon in my experience. Iíve used them twice and been upgraded both times.

One of the times was at the Conrad in Dublin, from their most basic room to their biggest suite.
Old Sep 1, 18, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci View Post

That isnít uncommon in my experience. Iíve used them twice and been upgraded both times.

One of the times was at the Conrad in Dublin, from their most basic room to their biggest suite.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 18, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

I actually did not end up using my free night certificate. The rate went down to $137 ($167 with taxes). Then I had a $75 coupon, so I just ended up paying about $96 for the lowest rate. I asked if I could be upgraded before check-in before booking via email, and they put me in a two bed deluxe suite with lounge access. Pretty generous.

As far as upgrades go I will usually email the property beforehand and ask if they can secure me an upgrade before check-in. If you happen to make contact with someone high up on the totem poll, theyíll usually upgrade you.

As far as getting to the Conrad from DXB is it as easy as just taking the red line tram to the World Trade Centre?
Old Sep 1, 18, 1:08 pm

As far as getting to the Conrad from DXB is it as easy as just taking the red line tram to the World Trade Centre?
Yes, there is even a skybridge; see photo from google streetview below.

This hotel is the subject of a lot of debate and the general consensus is that it isn't the world-class property that it once was, but for what you're paying, I think it'll fit the bill nicely.
Attached Images  
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 1, 18, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Yes, there is even a skybridge; see photo from google streetview below.

This hotel is the subject of a lot of debate and the general consensus is that it isn't the world-class property that it once was, but for what you're paying, I think it'll fit the bill nicely.
I feel like itís hard to be seen in such a positive light in Dubai with the amount of luxurious hotels and clubs. The fact that itís a luxury resort, in the center of town, with a fast and convenient way to get there from the airport makes it a great luxury hotel to stay at for a quick overnight. In addition to the lounge and other amenities Iíve read about around the hotel, it seems like a perfectly acceptable luxury hotel. Iíll be curious when I get there to see what peopleís complaints are. Iíve stayed at the St. Regis before, and I understand the whole luxurious mindset, and the high bar people set for Dubai. Itís hard to please everyone who has a different idea of what ďluxuriousĒ means to them in that city.

Search this Thread