Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:05 pm

Since this hotel does not seem to be getting any great reviews, what is the best Hilton in NY to stay in if cost is not an issue?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Since this hotel does not seem to be getting any great reviews, what is the best Hilton in NY to stay in if cost is not an issue?
Well the Hilton full service options are pretty limited. Conrad is the only other one that's even arguably high end. If you don't want to be downtown, Hilton Times Square.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well the Hilton full service options are pretty limited. Conrad is the only other one that's even arguably high end. If you don't want to be downtown, Hilton Times Square.
This is 100% my opinion as well
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Conrad is the best Hilton property in the city, no doubt, but I also quite like the Renwick, which is part of Curio Collection. But it's certainly more "boutique" and therefore a different experience than your typical full-service chain hotel.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
be interesting to see what the old Radisson Martinique will be like when that joins as curio at the end of the year. hopefully they'll put the London nyc out of its misery and start on the remodel. desperately needs it. in the meantime, well worth avoiding this place (in fairness, we had our entire stay comped but I'd sooner have paid for a decent hotel experience).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:09 am

stayed here on a recent weekend, very interesting. "Suites" (not "Flats!" - they're tiny) are indeed "big" but not in a very functional way- living room seating and lighting is so lousy that the only useful thing in there is the massive desk, which gets good daytime light via the bay windows. Bedroom and bathroom are standard NYC size and thoroughly worn out (chipped furniture, dirty tile grout, stained carpet). Bedroom TV is tiny and old. Location is excellent for theaters and Central Park, and I found restaurant (including service) to be very good for both breakfast and dinner, so the hotel has some potential would it be renovated - BUT, the service outside of the restaurant needs improvement too. Too few doormen/bellhops, long lines at front desk, generally a long wait for help via phone. Must check-out via front desk to have FHR credits properly applied, which can only be used for food and bev via restaurant or room service - no other charge types. Note that currently, FHR guests get a better breakfast (American vs. Continental) than non-FHR Hilton Diamond or Gold. No lounge. Very few children in the hotel (likely owing to lack of rooms with 2 beds), if you consider that a plus.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orvando
Very few children in the hotel (likely owing to lack of rooms with 2 beds), if you consider that a plus.
That might change. During an exchange with someone at the London NYC, they mentioned that the new Conrad NY Midtown would have a few 2-Queen suites after the renovations.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Do we know when the renovations are going to start?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
Do we know when the renovations are going to start?
Last month, I was told they were still planning to kick off renovations in October this year, and reopen as a Conrad next summer.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: SK Gold
I just stayed here. At check-in I was given a welcome letter stating Diamond benefits as 1.000 bonus points, 2 bottles of water per stay, 30$ per person per day towards breakfast. As others remarked, the lobby and restaurant are quite dark, maybe trying to hide that the whole place is a bit worn out. Check-in staff was very friendly and polite, restaurant staff somewhat indifferent. Breakfast buffet has gone up to $39. Event though the buffet looked really good I opted for the 40$ Maine lobster Benedict, which was fabulous, highly recommended.

Last edited by Travel4Love; Jul 25, 2018 at 7:15 am
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:27 am

NYC Hiltons

New York is probably Hilton's worst big city quality issue. Virtually all of its properties in the city are dumps, with poor service to match buildings that are run down or just nasty. Three possible exceptions: the Millennium opposite the UN, and, as others have mentioned, the Conrad and the Renwick (though the Renwick feels more like a place to stay for leisure than business).
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:40 am

Hmm...so between Conrad or Renwick, which would be best for using some weekend certs? (Although it's looking like NYC isn't the best place to use them, they're about to expire and that's where we're going.) Conrad is the higher priced of course. Leisure trip--so I'm a little hesitant to stay downtown--but we've done most of the big touristy things previously, so beyond theatre we'll probably just be walking around the city, and one day in queens for US Open.

(Other alternative was to keep them for a weekend trip to Miami, though the Hilton on South Beach doesn't seem to be particularly well liked either.)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by trouble747
Leisure trip--so I'm a little hesitant to stay downtown
Conrad location is fine if you don't need to be uptown. I prefer staying downtown for leisure, it's less frenetic and that's where more of the interesting neighborhoods are. Would you rather be close to Tribeca or Times Square? (And if your answer is "Times Square," then never mind.)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Conrad location is fine if you don't need to be uptown. I prefer staying downtown for leisure, it's less frenetic and that's where more of the interesting neighborhoods are. Would you rather be close to Tribeca or Times Square? (And if your answer is "Times Square," then never mind.)
Nope, probably would only need to be near Times Square for theater. We might want to go out some night in Hell's Kitchen but that doesn't seem too arduous...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by trouble747
Hmm...so between Conrad or Renwick, which would be best for using some weekend certs? (Although it's looking like NYC isn't the best place to use them, they're about to expire and that's where we're going.) Conrad is the higher priced of course. Leisure trip--so I'm a little hesitant to stay downtown--but we've done most of the big touristy things previously, so beyond theatre we'll probably just be walking around the city, and one day in queens for US Open.

(Other alternative was to keep them for a weekend trip to Miami, though the Hilton on South Beach doesn't seem to be particularly well liked either.)
Agreed, the NYC properties are disgraceful!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.