Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Anyone know what the Diamond Breakfast is?
I’m staying this weekend. Will report back
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I’m staying this weekend. Will report back
Me too so we will have two comparisons. You on a paid stay or award? I was getting a little nervous based on the not so good TA reviews I read and was thinking of changing to the Renwick but I decided to give it a go since it is only for one night.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I'm looking forward to your reviews. I want to like this hotel, but so far I've been really disappointed with their ability to respond to inquiries. I have about half a dozen questions that I've been trying to get answers to for almost a month, but have been getting redirected and redirected again. Most recently, I was told to email their sales director, who still hasn't responded to a message I sent over a week ago.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I'm looking forward to your reviews. I want to like this hotel, but so far I've been really disappointed with their ability to respond to inquiries. I have about half a dozen questions that I've been trying to get answers to for almost a month, but have been getting redirected and redirected again. Most recently, I was told to email their sales director, who still hasn't responded to a message I sent over a week ago.
I can understand the frustration BUT don't you think they might be a tad busy with the change over to HH and also the impending rebranding. That's not to excuse the hotel not responding but what in the world can you have over a dozen questions on?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by christianj
I can understand the frustration BUT don't you think they might be a tad busy with the change over to HH and also the impending rebranding. That's not to excuse the hotel not responding but what in the world can you have over a dozen questions on?
I have an upcoming trip in December and I also emailed a question (the same question twice) with no response whatsoever. I ended up booking at the JW Marriott Essex House instead since they didn't respond.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:02 pm

Half a dozen questions, not over a dozen. Some of them were the same that others here have asked, others had to do with cribs, differences in room types, etc. For instance, supposedly the only difference between London King and London Storey King was that Storey is on a higher floor, but according to the first Hilton rep I spoke with, you could only have a crib or rollaway in a non-Storey room, but he wasn't sure why. Eventually, it was suggested that I contact the Sales/Marketing director, and I would like to confirm whether that is a real restriction, or something that was listed incorrectly.

Last edited by Bicoastal Local; Nov 15, 2017 at 12:19 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Half a dozen questions, not over a dozen. Some of them were the same that others here have asked, others had to do with cribs, differences in room types, etc. For instance, supposedly the only difference between London King and London Storey King was that Storey is on a higher floor, but according to the first Hilton rep I spoke with, you could only have a crib or rollaway in a non-Storey room, but he wasn't sure why. Eventually, it was suggested that I contact the Sales/Marketing director, and I would like to confirm whether that is a real restriction, or something that was listed incorrectly.
Since your are a Diamond I would go back to HH and tell them the hotel is not responding and ask them to get involved. That seems like a pretty straight forward question.

Have you tried this?

http://www.thelondonnyc.com/contact-us-en.html
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:04 pm

I'll be staying there next week (without baby) so I'll just ask in person. I have another, later reservation (with baby) that I'll keep or move based on next week's stay.

If I really needed to know right away, I would call. But I prefer communicating over email, and in the past any email inquiries I've made to the Conrad NYC, Hilton Midtown and other area hotels were responded to pretty quickly, which I appreciated.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:36 pm

Me too so we will have two comparisons. You on a paid stay or award? I was getting a little nervous based on the not so good TA reviews I read and was thinking of changing to the Renwick but I decided to give it a go since it is only for one night.
I’m on an Award stay. Kind of a last minute decision to go to NY and this seemed like overall the best use of points versus the actual paid room rate.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I’m on an Award stay. Kind of a last minute decision to go to NY and this seemed like overall the best use of points versus the actual paid room rate.
I too thought it was the best overall use of a certificate I had considering it was the highest priced HH property in the city with availability. (I didn't want the Conrad as I wanted to be Uptown.)

We should both post what we got as benefits/upgrades to see if there is a difference between Gold (which is my status) and your Diamond status.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:51 pm

Looking to stay at this property as well in December.

Looking at Tripadvisor, it's shocking how diverse the reviews are. Lots of negative reviews. I wonder if it's really that bad? Or just people who expect the world due to the high price. I stayed at the Conrad last December and absolutely loved it. But you can't beat the location of The London. Decisions decisions decisions....
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

I checked in earlier today and so far I can’t say a single negative thing about the hotel. Then again I checked in, dropped my bags to do some shopping, came back to drop shopping bags and went out to dinner and am now finally back in the room. Check-in went smooth and I was assigned a room on the 44th floor after the agent inquired if I would like a low or high floor. Room is hands down one of the biggest rooms I’ve had in NYC! I personally would think that it should be described as a Junior Suite since it’s all one room but it’s very large with a nice odd shaped sectional and coffee table in one corner. The best part is imho the bathroom which has a separate tub and shower and is done nicely In white carrera marble. Some furnishings in the room are showing their age and signs of use but it’s nothing more drastic than other hotels I’ve stayed at in the city. I will add some comments on the breakfast tomorrow.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:55 pm

I checked in earlier today and so far I can’t say a single negative thing about the hotel. Then again I checked in, dropped my bags to do some shopping, came back to drop shopping bags and went out to dinner and am now finally back in the room. Check-in went smooth and I was assigned a room on the 44th floor after the agent inquired if I would like a low or high floor. Room is hands down one of the biggest rooms I’ve had in NYC! I personally would think that it should be described as a Junior Suite since it’s all one room but it’s very large with a nice odd shaped sectional and coffee table in one corner. The best part is imho the bathroom which has a separate tub and shower and is done nicely In white carrera marble. Some furnishings in the room are showing their age and signs of use but it’s nothing more drastic than other hotels I’ve stayed at in the city. I will add some comments on the breakfast tomorrow.
Looking forward to hearing about the Diamond breakfast as I'm staying here next week.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Looking forward to hearing about the Diamond breakfast as I'm staying here next week.
Will post more on my stay later but to answer this....$30 credit per person for the in house restaurant is given to Golds and Diamonds. Breakfast menu has options under that price but buffet is $38. With tax and a decent tip for the friendly waiter, I had a balance of $18 that I paid at checkout for an award stay and the buffet breakfast.

Last edited by christianj; Nov 19, 2017 at 5:22 am
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:34 pm

Will post more on my stay later but to answer this....$30 credit per person for the in house restaurant is given to Golds and Diamonds. Breakfast menu has options under that price but buffet is $38. With tax and a decent tip for the friendly waiter, I had a balance of $18 that I paid at checkout for an award stay and the buffet breakfast.
I skipped breakfast due to the line up as I had a ticket for the LV Exhibit downtown today but confirm that this is what I was offered too. My room was on floor 48 no view other than a glimpse of Times Square. The room was large but the furnishings very tired looking. The air conditioning wasn’t working (blasting out cold air), fixed after I reported it and maintenance showed up. The ordered newspaper never arrived, robes and slippers are on request. Called up Housekeeping and they advised that they are on request as they don’t have enough for all rooms! Unless you really need to be in Midtown I’d give this a miss and go to the Conrad in Battery Park. IMHO it’s way, way ahead.
I also had a last minute flight change today and on the way back to collect my bags let the Doorman know I needed a Taxi urgently and could he flag one down. Came back and he was MIA and I ended up luckily getting one myself which is rare as the street outside is choked. Won’t return until it’s at least refurbished.

Last edited by Princess fiona; Nov 19, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.