FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1868742-conrad-new-york-midtown-us-ny-formerly-london-nyc.html)

christianj Sep 25, 2017 11:10 am

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

I tried searching but could not find a thread so I am starting a new one. I just noticed The London NYC joining HH as a Conrad. Anyone know anything about this and when it will be available for points redemptions?

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...NCI/index.html

Also brings up the question of if the London in LA would join as well.

jeffers Sep 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Wow, very interesting development!

pauleeepaul Sep 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Got some visitors staying there this week will ask if they see any rebranding.

christianj Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm

I've generally only seen positive reviews of the hotel and the rooms are all suites so it would be a great addition IMHO. It used to house a Gordon Ramsey restaurant but that closed back in 2014.

Vorsprung Sep 25, 2017 3:31 pm

I see this on the Accommodation page of the site...seems like a quick rebrand.

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in October 2017.

Bicoastal Local Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm

This is exciting. The Conrad New York is my favorite Honors hotel in NYC. Unfortunately, the location is too out of the way, so I've been alternating with stays at the Hilton Midtown. A Conrad in midtown would be perfect.

Any guesses on what their stuffed animal would be?

Kacee Sep 25, 2017 7:21 pm

This is a great pickup by Hilton! Look forward to hearing more details. Hope it offers true Conrad level service . . . the Conrad in Battery Park City, while a nice property, has always struck me as Conrad lite (at least compared to Asia).

gengar Sep 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 28858286)
This is a great pickup by Hilton! Look forward to hearing more details. Hope it offers true Conrad level service . . . the Conrad in Battery Park City, while a nice property, has always struck me as Conrad lite (at least compared to Asia).

Agreed - I haven't stayed there in a couple years, but there's good reason for that, as I found the service awful.

runarbg Sep 26, 2017 1:57 am

Very disappointing:

"Hotel does not participate in Hilton Honors Rewards"

craigthemif Sep 26, 2017 3:19 am

Had to double-check to see whether this hotel was located in New York City or London, England. I can't be the first person to be confused when a hotel names itself after a different city.

christianj Sep 26, 2017 4:01 am

Originally Posted by runarbg (Post 28859160)
Very disappointing:

"Hotel does not participate in Hilton Honors Rewards"

I would hope this is because it's not even part of Hilton yet and that they will participate. Brings up the question of if there are properties that Hilton manages that don't participate. I'm not that familiar with HH to know the answer to that.

As an aside, I find it strange that they are joining as a Conrad and not as a Curio or Tapestry property....or even a WA (assume that an association with WA is excluded in NYC due to the WA hotel.)

Bicoastal Local Sep 26, 2017 5:52 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 28859266)
Had to double-check to see whether this hotel was located in New York City or London, England. I can't be the first person to be confused when a hotel names itself after a different city.

I found it pretty odd as well. I'm a little surprised they didn't rename it to something like the Conrad Manhattan.

christianj Sep 26, 2017 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel (Post 28859535)
I found it pretty odd as well. I'm a little surprised they didn't rename it to something like the Conrad Manhattan.

I wonder if the hotel will keep the name London NYC along with the reference to the Conrad brand. I would think that would be in their best interest since it has been a well regarded hotel under that name in NYC. That is overall why I think it is strange that it didn't go under the Curio or Tapestry banners.

KENNECTED Sep 26, 2017 6:59 am

I could also be named, "the London NYC - A Conrad Hotel" or "The Conrad - Midtown Manhattan".

Only time will tell. Without getting hysterical, we need to take a wait and see approach.

Calcifer Sep 26, 2017 11:40 am

Interesting... worked there 25 years ago when it was the RIHGA Royal NY (Japanese owned/run). While all suites the basic rooms are not particularly large, but the luxury suites were very nice and we had a lot of celebs stay there.