Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Arrow Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

I tried searching but could not find a thread so I am starting a new one. I just noticed The London NYC joining HH as a Conrad. Anyone know anything about this and when it will be available for points redemptions?

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...NCI/index.html

Also brings up the question of if the London in LA would join as well.
uggboy likes this.

Last edited by christianj; Sep 25, 2017 at 11:20 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wow, very interesting development!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Got some visitors staying there this week will ask if they see any rebranding.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

I've generally only seen positive reviews of the hotel and the rooms are all suites so it would be a great addition IMHO. It used to house a Gordon Ramsey restaurant but that closed back in 2014.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver
I see this on the Accommodation page of the site...seems like a quick rebrand.

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in October 2017.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
This is exciting. The Conrad New York is my favorite Honors hotel in NYC. Unfortunately, the location is too out of the way, so I've been alternating with stays at the Hilton Midtown. A Conrad in midtown would be perfect.

Any guesses on what their stuffed animal would be?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is a great pickup by Hilton! Look forward to hearing more details. Hope it offers true Conrad level service . . . the Conrad in Battery Park City, while a nice property, has always struck me as Conrad lite (at least compared to Asia).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is a great pickup by Hilton! Look forward to hearing more details. Hope it offers true Conrad level service . . . the Conrad in Battery Park City, while a nice property, has always struck me as Conrad lite (at least compared to Asia).
Agreed - I haven't stayed there in a couple years, but there's good reason for that, as I found the service awful.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Very disappointing:

"Hotel does not participate in Hilton Honors Rewards"
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Had to double-check to see whether this hotel was located in New York City or London, England. I can't be the first person to be confused when a hotel names itself after a different city.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runarbg
Very disappointing:

"Hotel does not participate in Hilton Honors Rewards"
I would hope this is because it's not even part of Hilton yet and that they will participate. Brings up the question of if there are properties that Hilton manages that don't participate. I'm not that familiar with HH to know the answer to that.

As an aside, I find it strange that they are joining as a Conrad and not as a Curio or Tapestry property....or even a WA (assume that an association with WA is excluded in NYC due to the WA hotel.)

Last edited by christianj; Sep 26, 2017 at 6:32 am
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Had to double-check to see whether this hotel was located in New York City or London, England. I can't be the first person to be confused when a hotel names itself after a different city.
I found it pretty odd as well. I'm a little surprised they didn't rename it to something like the Conrad Manhattan.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I found it pretty odd as well. I'm a little surprised they didn't rename it to something like the Conrad Manhattan.
I wonder if the hotel will keep the name London NYC along with the reference to the Conrad brand. I would think that would be in their best interest since it has been a well regarded hotel under that name in NYC. That is overall why I think it is strange that it didn't go under the Curio or Tapestry banners.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I could also be named, "the London NYC - A Conrad Hotel" or "The Conrad - Midtown Manhattan".

Only time will tell. Without getting hysterical, we need to take a wait and see approach.
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Interesting... worked there 25 years ago when it was the RIHGA Royal NY (Japanese owned/run). While all suites the basic rooms are not particularly large, but the luxury suites were very nice and we had a lot of celebs stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.