Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Anyone stay here after the London closed the 1st floor restaurant for their renovations?

Wondering what the Diamond amenity would be it there is no restaurant available.

Stay is for mid-May btw.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by pokeable
Anyone stay here after the London closed the 1st floor restaurant for their renovations?

Wondering what the Diamond amenity would be it there is no restaurant available.

Stay is for mid-May btw.
I'm here in late-May and would like to know as well. Planning to burn a free night redemption here and thinking of switching based on previous posts.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pokeable

Stay is for mid-May btw.
Before we were moved to the Hilton Midtown earlier this month, the London NYC informed us that even with the restaurant closed, in-room dining was still available. Perhaps they'll offer a credit towards in-room dining.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Received an email from head of guest relations for our upcoming stay:

"All of our suites, public spaces and the restaurant are being redesigned to give our guests a more contemporary, residential experience. We are on schedule to have our lobby and public spaces finished in July. Our restaurant will reopen in August with a new food concept and will feature a bar with great cocktails and small bites. Once all the areas of the hotel have been completed, at the end of the summer, we will change our name to Conrad New York Midtown. You can rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to minimize any impact on your experience during this process.

Since our restaurant is currently closed during this phase of the transition, our In-Suite Dining team will still provide 24 hour service during your stay and as a loyal Diamond member you will receive a $30 Food and Beverage Credit per day for up to two guests to be used through Room Service, two bottles of water per stay, complimentary premium Wi-Fi and 1,000 Bonus points. You will also be among the very first guests to experience our newly renovated guest rooms!"
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:43 am

How was your stay with the refurbished rooms? Were you in the 1 bedroom suite? Any pictures?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:00 pm

I recently stayed at the London in an updated king suite. Wallpaper, carpets, furniture and light fixtures all seemed new. The color palette was light beiges and greys and the style was more contemporary than before. The rooms I’ve usually stayed in before had those angled couches by the windows, but the updated suite had a small table by the window, with a straight fold-out sofa against the wall opposite the French doors. I think they also got rid of the rocking chair.

The bathroom seemed to be mostly unchanged, with the exception of the shower, which was now fully enclosed.

Last edited by Bicoastal Local; Jun 21, 2019 at 9:23 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:11 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Staying there this upcoming week. Odd question, but does the charge to the credit card show up as Conrad? I ask because my AMEX has a $100 off promo for spending more than $500 at Waldorf Astoria or Conrad hotels.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:23 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by PHL
Staying there this upcoming week. Odd question, but does the charge to the credit card show up as Conrad? I ask because my AMEX has a $100 off promo for spending more than $500 at Waldorf Astoria or Conrad hotels.

Not sure, but worst case you can dispute it afterwards if Amex do not automatically pay up. Currently if you search the conrad site for NY hotels with a filter for conrad brand only, it will show the London as one of the 2 options.
So get busy making screen shots in case you need to convince Amex after the fact, that they should honor the offer

Please do post back here after your stay to report on where things are with the renovations, and any notes about diamond treatment
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by PHL
On my card it showed up as “LONDON NY CONRAD MIDNEW YORK NY”.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PHL
Just to further confirm, this did post the credit for me. I had an offer in May for AMEX / Conrad and it worked (may have been the same offer, i don't remember).
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:38 pm

I used my free weekend night at the London NY/ aka Conrad NY. As Diamond I was given a large suite with an awesome city view. Room service still required as the restaurant not yet open. Ordered salmon entree and a Greek salad. The salmon was excellent and plentiful serving. However, the salad was mostly an iceberg lettuce wedge with skimpy ingredients. Feta cheese? one little cube. Olives? None. Price? An exorbitant $18! Salmon entree $35. Breakfast normal fare and good.Credit for breakfast was $60. Hotel is in great area- walked to two Broadway shows. The employees were helpful and apologetic that renovation to a Conrad has not been completed.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:05 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by soy
Not sure, but worst case you can dispute it afterwards if Amex do not automatically pay up.
Please do post back here after your stay to report on where things are with the renovations, and any notes about diamond treatment
Stayed this week. The front desk told me all rooms are renovated. Was initially assigned a king suite (as reserved) on 16. At T-24 online check in, I had choices up to the 22nd floor. I decided to wait until day of check in, only to discover there were no rooms to choose from other than the one I was assigned.

So so when I arrived at 5pm, my assigned room was not ready. I asked if they had something higher up with a view of park or city. She got me one on 36, which faced north and still had buildings in my view, with a slight view of the East river. The room, as she described, was an upgraded king suite so maybe it was bigger than my initial assignment? I have no idea. There was a small entry way into a living room, with 2 double doors into a bedroom with a very large closet/changing area adjacent the very huge bathroom with a shower.

I was told at check in that I get $60 per day (based on 2 guests) F&B credit as a Diamond, which includes room service and mini bar. I only had a $12 375ml bottle of Champaign from the minibar and it was credited on the hotel bill. I also needed a rollaway bed one night in the living room for an extra guest because the sofa is not a pull out. It’s $50, but the front desk waived it when I expressed my surprise at the high charge (also acknowledging Diamond status).

The lobby is still fully closed off, and you must go to 2 to check in. I did not check out the gym.

The room was comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was amazing, and the staff was very friendly and professional.

The biggest (and only) problem was the elevators. Long waits, often 3-5 minutes. On my checkout day, it was 27 minutes - no joke - to get an elevator from 36 to lobby. And the odd thing was that only one person was on it when it finally came! I emailed my frustration with that issue to the same reservation manager who sent me a previous email, along with the front desk email later that day and haven’t gotten a reply.

i did get an email from AMEX after settling the charges that the offer was used, which means I’ll get the $100 statement credit. So all in all, I spent $259/night (including taxes) to stay here. Still worth it, sans the elevator issue. I’ll be interested to see the ground floor changes once the renovations are complete.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by PHL

The biggest (and only) problem was the elevators. Long waits, often 3-5 minutes. On my checkout day, it was 27 minutes - no joke - to get an elevator from 36 to lobby. And the odd thing was that only one person was on it when it finally came! I emailed my frustration with that issue to the same reservation manager who sent me a previous email, along with the front desk email later that day and haven’t gotten a reply.

i did get an email from AMEX after settling the charges that the offer was used, which means I’ll get the $100 statement credit. So all in all, I spent $259/night (including taxes) to stay here. Still worth it, sans the elevator issue. I’ll be interested to see the ground floor changes once the renovations are complete.
Regarding the elevators, you can try staying on the 25th floor, since both the lower elevators (L-25) and upper elevators (I think L, 2, 4, 25-54) stop at 25.

Last edited by Bicoastal Local; Jun 27, 2019 at 6:24 pm
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:20 am

Outdoor pool?

stupid question but is there an outdoor rooftop pool here? Hilton website says no but somebody posted a pic on TripAdvisor in sep 2018 showing on outdoor pool.

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by zephear0
stupid question but is there an outdoor rooftop pool here? Hilton website says no but somebody posted a pic on TripAdvisor in sep 2018 showing on outdoor pool.

Thanks!
There is not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.