Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Well they refused to give me one Monday when I asked.
Meaning they have one lined up and ready to go but not available for you yet, or it doesn’t exist at all??
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well they refused to give me one Monday when I asked.
Good to see you haven't taken it personally.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ConsultanSea
Meaning they have one lined up and ready to go but not available for you yet, or it doesn’t exist at all??
Unclear
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Good to see you haven't taken it personally.
Significant other wanted a bear or duck. Asked. Declined. Could not care less personally.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Do you have to buy these stuffed animals? I was at the Arctic Club in Seattle with the cutest little stuffed walrus in the room with a price tag of something like 30 bucks.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Significant other wanted a bear or duck. Asked. Declined. Could not care less personally.
"Refused" means they had them but would not give you one. Was that truly the case? Seems much more likely they simply didn't have any to give out.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:18 pm

"Refused" means they had them but would not give you one. Was that truly the case? Seems much more likely they simply didn't have any to give out.
I don't know. I didn't jump over the counter and rummage around for a duckie. The response I got was terse and that's putting it kindly.

If you want to argue semantics, shouldn't they have them? If they don't, wouldn't a good property follow up at a later time on how to get one to me, even if it's at my expense?
craig44485 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:40 am

If you want to argue semantics, shouldn't they have them? If they don't, wouldn't a good property follow up at a later time on how to get one to me, even if it's at my expense?
That's a different issue from whether you were "refused" anything.

Based on everything we know about the London's transition to Conrad, I would have been surprised if they actually had stuffed animals.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:40 am

That's a different issue from whether you were "refused" anything.

Based on everything we know about the London's transition to Conrad, I would have been surprised if they actually had stuffed animals.
Ok Conrad Hilton. Let's move on.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
No it doesn't. If I ask someone on the street and say "Can I have your iPhone" and they say "Get lost" they refused my request but they might not even have one.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Jet Blue, UAL, IH G Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Restaurant now shows that it will be open starting Monday, October 7. That’s a good thing since we found the room service breakfast to be very overpriced and kind of skimpy. Also, it took about an hour to be delivered - but we did order it during peak breakfast time. That is our only complaint about the hotel.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by MaggieKay
Restaurant now shows that it will be open starting Monday, October 7. That’s a good thing since we found the room service breakfast to be very overpriced and kind of skimpy. Also, it took about an hour to be delivered - but we did order it during peak breakfast time. That is our only complaint about the hotel.
Great! My stay is end of October so that will work just fine.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
We stayed Fri 9/27 on our free night.

My wife checked in before I had gotten there, We had been on 24, where I selected the room (on the end), they moved us up to 34, but is was a room in a middle that is either next to or across from the elevator and near the ice machine. We quickly switched back to our original room.

We had zero issue with the elevators.

King suite room, which was very nice and thought is was quite up-to-date.

If you are there for one night, the $60 (for two) is only able to be used on the next day, despite it being available to apply to dinner, on a one night stay that's not possible. Ordering breakfast in the morning is not a great idea. Took more than an hour to get the food. And note that the hanging door tag doesn't not have the full menu, which is one of the reasons we didn't use that. Both dishes were cold, so while it takes 1 - 1 1/2 hours to get your food it's not coming up warm.

The doorman was outstanding. We had a car, so he was super helpful on arrival and departure.

I would not that there is subway work going on in the area, so making a left from 7th to 54th is not allowed. When I arrived a cop was at that corner. Need to get on 54th, before 7th so you can drive straight through. That could change but, looked like ongoing construction.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:14 pm

Does anyone know once the restaurant opens, whether they will offer a free buffet style breakfast to Gold/Diamond members?

Has anyone got any opinions on whether they prefer Conrad Midtown vs Downtown?

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by sbryans605
Does anyone know once the restaurant opens, whether they will offer a free buffet style breakfast to Gold/Diamond members?
I would think we need to wait on getting an answer to this once the restaurant actually opens. Before the reno they just applied the $30 credit and you picked what you want. Can't remember if the $30 covered the buffet cost back then or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.