Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zephear0
stupid question but is there an outdoor rooftop pool here? Hilton website says no but somebody posted a pic on TripAdvisor in sep 2018 showing on outdoor pool.

Thanks!
I was curious about the picture you were talking about, so I took a look at Trip Advisor. That's the pool from the London West Hollywood.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Stayed last weekend as a Diamond. Not a terrible experience by any means, but very underwhelming. I don't feel like this place is really up to the standards of the Conrad brand.

Got the most basic suite (no upgrade for me). It felt really cramped. There is a ton of closet space, but the living room and bathroom are both quite small. No area for working other than a side table by the armchair.

The $30 credit in lieu of breakfast is something of a joke considering that it's only enough to cover a smoothie or a bowl of yogurt -- the continental breakfast (coffee, juice and bread), or an omelet without anything to drink, each come out to >$30 after taxes and service charges.

I didn't get water bottles, and both TVs mysteriously lost reception of satellite channels at different points in the stay (one would work while the other wouldn't).
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:06 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
In follow up to my review a few posts up where I mentioned the horrible elevator service, I did complain and got a response from the hotel. Basically, they have 3 elevators out of service at a time while they are being refurbished. 1 for the lower tier (floors 1-25), 1 for the higher tier (floors 25-52) and one service elevator. These elevator renovations will continue through 2020, so delays will continue even after the rest of the hotel renovations are complete.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I have a stay scheduled here in August for a night that the Conrad (the other one) is sold out. I am considering canceling that night (not sure where to move that night too is my issue) based upon what I have been reading. Sounds like they are simply not up to speed at The London yet. I had hoped when I booked they would have it sorted out by now.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
How is the conversion to Conrad going along? Planning to stay here end of October (if the quality improves)
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:08 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by blitzen
How is the conversion to Conrad going along? Planning to stay here end of October (if the quality improves)
I think the rooms are mostly done and now they are working on the public spaces. Rooms are stunning
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by soy
I think the rooms are mostly done and now they are working on the public spaces. Rooms are stunning
All rooms finished, restaurant not yet.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Anyone there at the moment? Word on the ground about when the official switch to Conrad will happen? I understand it’s meant to be this month and that would (hopefully) suggest the majority of works are complete!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Just booked second weekend in September so I hope the renovations are done by then.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm very interested in reports as to whether the sofa (I know it's not a "sofabed") is comfortable enough for a child or teen.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:03 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm very interested in reports as to whether the sofa (I know it's not a "sofabed") is comfortable enough for a child or teen.
I saw a rollaway in one of the rooms, so there is always that option provided you are not exceeding room occupancy limits
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Note that a rollaway will only fit in the bedroom, not in the living room.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There's a decent review on TPG with pics. Rooms like really nice. Service issues persist. Still no restaurant (and they can't formally reflag until there is one).

Conrad Midtown
Originally Posted by joejones
Note that a rollaway will only fit in the bedroom, not in the living room.
Not according to the review.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We probably aren't going now, but we'd have wanted the rollaway in the LR, definitely, for the privacy.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:37 am

Gold - Breakfast + Companion x2? Conrad Midtown NYC (The London NYC)

Hi All

We are a family of five and coming to NYC in December 2019

I am looking at booking two rooms in the renovated The London NYC/ Conrad Midtown

I am a HH Gold as is my partner.

I understand there is breakfast benefit to the Gold member plus a companion.

As we are both Gold, to get the benefit so that 4 pax get breakfast, does one room need to be booked in my name with my HH details and the other room in her name with her HH details or can we just show the card?

Thankyou your help is much appreciated

motef

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.