Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:29 pm

Thanks @CJNoobie. Much appreciated. We're staying 5 nights soon. This will be our first Conrad stay - so looking forward to it!
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BiggieWu
Thanks @CJNoobie. Much appreciated. We're staying 5 nights soon. This will be our first Conrad stay - so looking forward to it!
No problem. I believe you're going to love everything about the hotel. I did. Stayed here for 2 nights and Conrad Tokyo for 5 and wished I had reversed it. Enjoy!
BiggieWu likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CJNoobie
Diamond here. Just checked in for a 2 night points stay and did online check-in into a standard King Upon arrival was
invited to check in while having tea at the 39th floor lounge. Was upgraded to a corner view room with view from the tub .

Does anyone have any questions I can answer about this property while I'm here?
On both my stays, I've upgraded twice to the Corner View as a Diamond so this could be par for the course - first time on a reward cert and the second time on a cash stay. Both were booked into the standard room.
BiggieWu likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:31 am

definitely hoping for at least a corner executive room... Hopefully they have a suite waiting for me too!!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:04 pm

When I stayed at Conrad Osaka in November, I was told the hotel has recently changed the upgrade policy for Diamond members. According to the new policy the upgrade is limited to only one-category upgrade from the room type you originally book except for two ups from Deluxe to Executive. I requested the upgrade to the Executive Corner from the Deluxe as usual, but I was told the extra fee was necessary even if the room was available. I felt it was like IHG ambassador. Overall, the stay itself was fantastic except for the change.

Last edited by tvisitor; Nov 24, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
If you have to pick, Conrad Tokyo vs Osaka, which one do you guys prefer?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
If you have to pick, Conrad Tokyo vs Osaka, which one do you guys prefer?
Conrad Tokyo. Not even close.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:06 am

It serms that points for award stay has been raised from 80K to 95K recently.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:57 am

Angry

Originally Posted by tvisitor
It serms that points for award stay has been raised from 80K to 95K recently.
Yeah they changed overnight. Kicking myself for not booking last week. Looks like the hotel changed categories.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:42 am

Staying here now. Lobby is really impressive. Great grand staircase and impressive views. Rooms are nice. Very modern.

As diamond, I was given an upgrade from standard room to room with premium view.

Club lounge gets very crowded at night. Decent offering. Haven’t been for breakfast as we have chosen to eat breakfast in restaurant.
kaka and narsil like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:17 pm

@Ross0 Thanks a bunch for the comparison you posted on the Conrad Tokyo FT thread. I came here looking exactly for something like that as I plan on spending a night or two at the Conrad Osaka and then on to the Conrad Tokyo as well (also HH Diamond).

To summarize, your opinion is that the breakfast at the Conrad Osaka is a better experience, and the rooms are more modern. If you were to return, would you prefer the Conrad Osaka based on your experience and the room upgrade provided?

Any other thoughts you have on how the hotels compare?
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by narsil
@Ross0 Thanks a bunch for the comparison you posted on the Conrad Tokyo FT thread. I came here looking exactly for something like that as I plan on spending a night or two at the Conrad Osaka and then on to the Conrad Tokyo as well (also HH Diamond).

To summarize, your opinion is that the breakfast at the Conrad Osaka is a better experience, and the rooms are more modern. If you were to return, would you prefer the Conrad Osaka based on your experience and the room upgrade provided?

Any other thoughts you have on how the hotels compare?
Breakfast: I found the breakfast offerings comparable, but Conrad Tokyo had a few more Japanese and Chinese food options that weren't present in Conrad Osaka. Conrad O wins in the staff category (F&B manager JD was awesome). My sample size and time of year may not be representative, but based on my visits, Conrad O wins on overall experience as Conrad T just could not handle the crowds.

Hard Product: Conrad O trumps Conrad T. Conrad O is newer, more modern, better shape/condition. Premium view room at Conrad O was significantly larger than Exec room at Conrad T. Osaka room features were superior. I thought the public areas of Conrad O (e.g., restaurant spaces, lobby, spa/fitness center/locker rooms etc.) were far superior to Conrad T.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ross0
Breakfast: I found the breakfast offerings comparable, but Conrad Tokyo had a few more Japanese and Chinese food options that weren't present in Conrad Osaka. Conrad O wins in the staff category (F&B manager JD was awesome). My sample size and time of year may not be representative, but based on my visits, Conrad O wins on overall experience as Conrad T just could not handle the crowds.

Hard Product: Conrad O trumps Conrad T. Conrad O is newer, more modern, better shape/condition. Premium view room at Conrad O was significantly larger than Exec room at Conrad T. Osaka room features were superior. I thought the public areas of Conrad O (e.g., restaurant spaces, lobby, spa/fitness center/locker rooms etc.) were far superior to Conrad T.
+1 Stayed at both in October and agree with all points.
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Club lounge gets very crowded at night. Decent offering. Haven’t been for breakfast as we have chosen to eat breakfast in restaurant.
Is a lounge breakfast an option now? When we were there a year ago, breakfast was only available in the restaurant (the lounge itself was open during those hours just nothing put out).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black

yea, also stay at both during Apr-May golden week.
Agree with most point, and even the Suite at Conrad Tokyo will a bit old and worn down compared to the normal room at Conrad Osaka.

the breakfast in Conrad Osaka is better for quality but not as varied as Conrad Tokyo
Osaka also won on happy hour and lounge. We don't eat pork so the lounge supervisor asked the chef to freshly cooked some food for us, while at Conrad Tokyo, they are just too many people to even get a seat.

a funny anecdote, take me quite a while to find the toilet at Conrad Osaka since its hidden behind the room's entrance door
kaka likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.