Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by danpeake
I'm staying at the Hilton near the train station with my father in February (I've stayed there before, but this will be his first time in Osaka). I had a good experience there and figured the convenience of that location (we'll take at least two day trips via train) would serve us better than the Conrad. However, I'm thinking it might be nicer to have a "luxury" experience at this property.

Any guidance? Obviously it will come down to personal preference but was just wondering what others thought. FWIW, I'm Diamond.
Have you ever been in the Conrad? It's really stunning. The lobby, anyway, and the views from the rooms. I don't know how long you'll have in Osaka, maybe you could split your time between both, spend your last night at the Conrad, or something like that?

The Hilton location is definitely more convenient if you're using it as a base for day trips. the Conrad is only a ten minute walk from Osaka station though if you find the right exit (actually if you can stay underground all the way walking past the subway entrance to exit c97 and then pop up the the street the Conrad is only a four minute walk from there)
Old May 2, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
If you frequent Osaka often, then you owe it to yourself to experience Conrad Osaka at least once.
kaka and jphripjah like this.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you frequent Osaka often, then you owe it to yourself to experience Conrad Osaka at least once.
I hope you're right! We've got a stay coming up in a few weeks. The mrs doesn't like changing hotel rooms, let alone hotels but if it's going to be a knockout experience, she won't mind.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Have you ever been in the Conrad? It's really stunning. The lobby, anyway, and the views from the rooms. I don't know how long you'll have in Osaka, maybe you could split your time between both, spend your last night at the Conrad, or something like that?

The Hilton location is definitely more convenient if you're using it as a base for day trips. the Conrad is only a ten minute walk from Osaka station though if you find the right exit (actually if you can stay underground all the way walking past the subway entrance to exit c97 and then pop up the the street the Conrad is only a four minute walk from there)
Thanks. I'll be using Citi's fourth night free benefit so I want to say in one hotel. It's four nights total.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by danpeake
I'm staying at the Hilton near the train station with my father in February (I've stayed there before, but this will be his first time in Osaka). I had a good experience there and figured the convenience of that location (we'll take at least two day trips via train) would serve us better than the Conrad. However, I'm thinking it might be nicer to have a "luxury" experience at this property.

Any guidance? Obviously it will come down to personal preference but was just wondering what others thought. FWIW, I'm Diamond.
I've stayed 2 nights at the Hilton and 1 night at the Conrad last week.
there's no contest, Conrad is much better in every aspect.
Some might argue about the location but there is still a subway right below the hotel and if you really don't want to walk, taxi to Osaka station cost just around $5 (the meter almost didn't move).

as for the hotel it self, it's absolutely gorgeous.
The rooms are sparkling new and quite spacious, the lobby is great, the exec lounge is great, the swimming pool and Jacuzzi is great, the breakfast is great and even I find the service is good despite what others above have said.

In retrospect, I would've stay all 3 nights at Conrad instead of splitting it with the Hilton if not for the fact that 2 nights at Hilton are still cheaper than 1 night at Conrad
Old May 15, 2018, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by sandyph
In retrospect, I would've stay all 3 nights at Conrad instead of splitting it with the Hilton if not for the fact that 2 nights at Hilton are still cheaper than 1 night at Conrad
The Hilton is surprisingly sold out on the weekends or close to capacity these few weeks. It was only slightly more expensive to book at the Conrad.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:59 am

After staying here, I've found the most convenient option to get Umeda (Osaka Station) would be the bus. The stop is literally in front of the hotel and there's a bus that stops on the perpendicular street which is where taxis would enter the hotels anyways.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:59 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
While staying at the St Regis Osaka in May 2018, we managed to check out the Conrad. (I'm SPG/Marriott elite and rarely stay at Hilton properties.)

Wow. Very impressive.

Visually, the Conrad Osaka lobby view may be the most impressive I've seen anywhere in the world--including the super luxury Aman Tokyo, where we had tea just a week prior. It is a beautiful lobby and all the public spaces have amazing views. The rooms and suites that we saw are very spacious and open plan with modern/fresh, dark, chic decor that is quite dramatic.

Overall, the hard product at the Conrad Osaka is spectacular. Probably the best of any hotel in Osaka, including the (soon to be renovated) St Regis and very dated and dark/low-ceiling Ritz-Carlton.

The soft product, in terms of service and food/beverage, was less impressive--but still solid IMO. It's luxury lite in terms of service and food/beverage IMO. But still decent.

if I weren't so interested in luxury level service, the Conrad would be the easy choice every time.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:35 pm

Just gave quick updates on our June stay for anyone concerns about the lounge benefit for the kids. We have two kids which are at age of 13 and 5

Conrad Osaka - No upgrade was given by default. When ask was told because the twin room we booked was all sold out. Request to upgrade to King room and was upgraded to an executive corner king with extra bed added at no additional charge. All 4 of us had access to the full breakfast buffet and lounge with no additional charge.

Hilton Tokyo Bay - Booked only for 2 peoples (not intended but made a mistake when booking and it was a none-refundable booking). No upgrade was given by default. When check in present all 4 passports. Request for upgrade and was upgraded to Family Happy Magic room on low floor. All 4 of us had access to the lounge but when asked for the breakfast buffet was told only free for two people and had to pay for two kids. So we all went to the lounge instead.

Hilton Odaiba - Booked standard room and was upgraded to the rainbow bridge view room by default. Request an extra bed and was charged 7500 Japanese Yen each day. All 4 of us had access to the lounge and breakfast buffet with no additional charge.

Conrad Tokyo - Booked city view suite and no upgrade was given by default. When ask was told because the twin suite we booked was all sold out. Request to upgrade to the Bay view king suite with extra bed and was granted with no additional charge. However was asked to pay 3500 Japanese Yen for my 13 years old for the lounge access and the fee was eventually waived after negotiate.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:58 pm

Looking forward to trying this place out early next year. Any tips on what room type to book for the best upgrades as a Diamond? Does a base room get you very far in terms of "real upgrade"?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Looking forward to trying this place out early next year. Any tips on what room type to book for the best upgrades as a Diamond? Does a base room get you very far in terms of "real upgrade"?
As a Diamond, a base room got us a base room.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:27 am

Right, great to know, thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
As a Diamond, a base room got us a base room.
Diamond here. Just checked in for a 2 night points stay and did online check-in into a standard King Upon arrival was
invited to check in while having tea at the 39th floor lounge. Was upgraded to a corner view room with view from the tub .

Does anyone have any questions I can answer about this property while I'm here?
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by CJNoobie
Diamond here. Just checked in for a 2 night points stay and did online check-in into a standard King Upon arrival was
invited to check in while having tea at the 39th floor lounge. Was upgraded to a corner view room with view from the tub .

Does anyone have any questions I can answer about this property while I'm here?
So you can check in online prior to arrival and still receive an upgrade on arrival? I've always intentionally left check in until arriving for a better chance at upgrade. What other benefits for Diamond members?
Cynicor likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: WN ALP, CP; AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BiggieWu

So you can check in online prior to arrival and still receive an upgrade on arrival? I've always intentionally left check in until arriving for a better chance at upgrade. What other benefits for Diamond members?
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, that's what happened to me.

As to the other benefits, please see the Diamond Letter from Management below for this property.

Hope that helps.
Cynicor and BiggieWu like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.