Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by tvisitor
I recommend you to go to Osaka Marubiru bus stop by taxi from Conrad and take limo bus for ITM airport. Osaka Marubiru bus stop is located next to Hilton Osaka, and more convenient from Conrad. Plus, the bus leaves every 15 minutes at Osaka Marubiru, twice as often as at New Hankyu Hotel. You can purchase tickets at the ticket machine at Osaka Marubiru, too.
Thank you tvisitor! That sounds much better.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:54 pm

Hi,

We are a group of 4 adults planing to stay at Conrad Osaka on 3 nights. Our flight arrives at 4:10pm on a Friday and probably will take at least 1-1.5 hr to clear custom and get our luggage. We are thinking if it will be more economically to take the Nankai train or the airport bus (cost 920 Yen/1050 Yen per adult) then get a taxi from Namba to the hotel instead of taking the airport bus (1550 Yen per adult) to Osaka station then taxi to the hotel?

How is the traffic from Namba station to Conrad on a Friday night? And about how much is the taxi fare? I went to taxi fare finder and it shows about 1600 yen, is it about the fare for normal traffic?

Since we are arriving pretty late, are there any good restaurants nearby that we can grab something quick to eat or do we need to go to Osaka station?

Regarding the evening lounge, will the food offering enough to be a meal if we don't want to go out to eat? And what time does evening cocktail end?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

We are a group of 4 adults planing to stay at Conrad Osaka on 3 nights. Our flight arrives at 4:10pm on a Friday and probably will take at least 1-1.5 hr to clear custom and get our luggage. We are thinking if it will be more economically to take the Nankai train or the airport bus (cost 920 Yen/1050 Yen per
adult) then get a taxi fro m Namba
to the hotel instead of taking the airport bus (1550 Yen per adult) to Osaka station then taxi to the hotel?

How is the traffic from Namba station to Conrad on a Friday night? And about how much is the taxi fare? I went to taxi fare finder and it shows about 1600 yen, is it about the fare for normal traffic?

Since we are arriving pretty late, are there any good restaurants nearby that we can grab something quick to eat or do we need to go to Osaka station?

Regarding the evening lounge, will the food offering enough to be a meal if we don't want to go out to eat? And what time does evening cocktail end?

Thanks.
It's a good idea to take a taxi from Namba to Conrad. I am not very familiar with the traffic, but except around Namba station, the traffic is not very congested. So I guess 15 minutes is enough to get to the hotel. Taxi fare might be a little higher than 1600 JPY. Maybe around 2000JPY.

There are bunch of restaurants including fast foods, Japanese ramen, sushi, Italian, bar from the underground to the 3rd floors of the Festival Tower Buildings where the hotel is located. Many of them are open until 10pm or 11pm.

Regarding the food on the executive lounge, there are variety of hot dishes and cold dishes including desserts. Although the food quality is one of the best among Japanese Hilton properties, the hotel quickly changes the menu and its style Actually the evening cocktail is not as good as right after opening. Still I think it is OK for light dinner unless you are very hungry. Please note that evening cocktail is very crowded on weekends and hot dishes become empty very quickly. Some of the dishes are not refilled. Better to go to the lounge when the evening cocktail starts.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:54 pm

Thanks! do you know what time does the evening cocktail end? Is it 8pm? or 8:30pm?

Originally Posted by tvisitor
It's a good idea to take a taxi from Namba to Conrad. I am not very familiar with the traffic, but except around Namba station, the traffic is not very congested. So I guess 15 minutes is enough to get to the hotel. Taxi fare might be a little higher than 1600 JPY. Maybe around 2000JPY.

There are bunch of restaurants including fast foods, Japanese ramen, sushi, Italian, bar from the underground to the 3rd floors of the Festival Tower Buildings where the hotel is located. Many of them are open until 10pm or 11pm.

Regarding the food on the executive lounge, there are variety of hot dishes and cold dishes including desserts. Although the food quality is one of the best among Japanese Hilton properties, the hotel quickly changes the menu and its style Actually the evening cocktail is not as good as right after opening. Still I think it is OK for light dinner unless you are very hungry. Please note that evening cocktail is very crowded on weekends and hot dishes become empty very quickly. Some of the dishes are not refilled. Better to go to the lounge when the evening cocktail starts.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:09 am

Thanks! do you know what time does the evening cocktail end? Is it 8pm? or 8:30pm?
If i remember correctly the times are the same as the Conrad Tokyo, so Afternoon tea is 3-5pm and Evening Reception i s 6-8 pm.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:13 am

The evening cocktail is from 6pm to 8p.m. The executive lounge is very relaxing and quite excerpt for Saturday evening. Hope you will enjoy your stay at Conrad.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Hi,

Thanks.
There is a phenomenal stand up Sushi Bar in the underpass between the two festival towers that I ate at around 9 PM.

I found the front desk employees to be very helpful with suggestions of local restaurants, they even got a map, circled specific spots and gave me detailed directions on how to get where I was going. Just let them know what you'd like to eat and they'll be able to give you a number of options nearby.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:39 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
I have a question regarding the use of the Citi Reserve free night certificate on this property. (The one you get after reaching spend limit on the card)

I've tried two times to reserve a night using this certificate. Both times, Hilton said that they can't make the reservation because the Standard Room is not available. Is there such a room level at this Conrad? I checked a bunch of dates and only saw Deluxe, Premium and Executive level rooms.

Love to hear your thoughts on how to redeem this certificate for this property.

**Update**
Called back for the third time in which a more knowledgeable agent was able to complete the booking. She told me that for my previous calls, I might have gotten trainees who were not familiar with Hilton's luxury portfolio in which the standard room is already labeled as "Deluxe". She recommends in the future to ask for a supervisor in this situation.

Last edited by jtn; Sep 22, 2017 at 7:38 pm Reason: Update outcome
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by jtn
I have a question regarding the use of the Citi Reserve free night certificate on this property. (The one you get after reaching spend limit on the card)

I've tried two times to reserve a night using this certificate. Both times, Hilton said that they can't make the reservation because the Standard Room is not available. Is there such a room level at this Conrad? I checked a bunch of dates and only saw Deluxe, Premium and Executive level rooms.

Love to hear your thoughts on how to redeem this certificate for this property.

**Update**
Called back for the third time in which a more knowledgeable agent was able to complete the booking. She told me that for my previous calls, I might have gotten trainees who were not familiar with Hilton's luxury portfolio in which the standard room is already labeled as "Deluxe". She recommends in the future to ask for a supervisor in this situation.
I just called last night and booked two nights at this Conrad using certificates. I guess I got lucky and got a competent agent, because it was not a problem at all.

Edit on Oct 13: I just checked in a few hours ago. My initial impression is that it is phenomenal. As a diamond, I was given a large corner room with panoramic views. I'm not sure I will want to ever leave.

Edit on Oct 14: I've enjoyed the evening cocktails both Friday and Saturday night. Despite earlier posts in this thread, I didn't find it to be very crowded. There was plenty of food.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Oct 14, 2017 at 4:26 am
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
One amazing night

My wife and I spent one night in the Conrad Osaka last week for 80,000 points, our first ever stay in a Conrad. I think we're spoiled now, how will we ever be able to go back to Hampton Inns?

Check In

We got to the hotel at 10am and just dumped our bags at the little desk on the first floor. Went out and around Osaka, then returned at 1pm to see if our room was ready (I couldn't get digital key to work in the Hilton app, what a shock). The room wasn't ready and they were very apologetic. No biggy, we were trying to check in two hours early, we'll just sit in the lobby and wait. We were sitting less than two minutes before someone came up to us and said "oh no, since you are Diamond you can go wait in the executive lounge and we'll check you in there". More profuse apologies and we were whisked off to the lounge. Did I mention apologies? Because there were many more while we sat in the lounge that the room wasn't ready. By 1:30pm the room was ready, and they took care of all the check-in stuff while we sat in the lounge looking at the Osaka skyline and sipping coffee.

The Room

I knew from doing check-in on the web the day before that we'd been upgraded to a corner executive suite. Oh man, what a room. Before I post pictures... when you open the door to the room they have it rigged up so the curtains automatically draw open and show you the view of the Osaka skyline. The experience is insane. Door open and magic happens. Curtains. Osaka.

The room was spectacular.

Lawyer Foyer

Toilet

Bed. Note the one reading lamp turned on and aimed to spotlight the bear.

The view.

The view from the bathtub.

His and hers level: still in love.

The view.

Also the view.

The Pool

No photos of the pool but you can easily find them with your favourite search engine. I don't usually do hotel pools but if you're planning on staying at this Conrad bring your bathing suit. The sauna/hot tub area (gender separate) was better than any of the onsens we stayed at in Hakone: sure, there's no view, but the hot tub is huge, hot, has a cool dipping pool, and a sauna. The change room is excellent. Tons of lockers, towels and robes everywhere, and lots of showers.

The pool itself is also great. Nice comfy lounge chairs to hang out in, good water temp, and an ok view from the ends (in the middle you look out at the building across the street).

By comparison, I swam in the pool at the Park Hyatt Tokyo (of Lost in Translation fame), and while the view there is MUCH better than the Conrad Osaka view, everything else was way below par (hot tub costs 40,000 yen a day, tiny change room, no towels, etc.)

The Breakfast

As one expects at Hilton properties in Asia you get an actual, real, breakfast as Diamond. None of this "continental" crap. You get all of it, and there is a lot of "it".

Breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

More breakfast

The Downsides

There were really only two little problems with our overall stay. The first was the service: there was just... too much of it. I get this is a top-of-the-line hotel, but the constant attempts by the staff to engage in conversation in the lobby, in the executive lounge, at breakfast, etc. just became a bit much. Sometimes you just want a head nod and to be left the heck alone.

The second was the music. Oh god, the music. So loud and so... bad. So so bad. In the lobby and breakfast area it was just far too loud and awful. This time of year awful meant awful Christmas music (thankfully no Little Drummer Boy though, I'm still in it to win it!) but I'm sure any other time of year it would be equally loud and bad. It's just unnecessary and doesn't fit in with the level of class the overall hotel has.

Anyway, that's my review. If you're in Osaka, blow some points and stay here. You won't regret it.

Neil
rustykettel likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:57 pm

anyone notice after the 50% flash sale, room rates went down roughly 25%?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:05 pm

I've noticed that the hotel really gets into holidays (see their instagram). When I stayed there between holidays thank goodness there wasn't music being played everywhere. I'm also glad that I was able to bypass most of those conversations with a slight bow of the head and a smile. Otherwise I enjoyed everything else like you did (albeit in a deluxe room).
missamo80 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:45 am

missamo80, I stayed in the executive corner room too just like you in October. I am still in awe as to how beautiful the room is every time I think about it. It tops all the other Conrads that I have stayed in including the one in Tokyo. You are so right, Hampton Inn ???, and any Hilton is just a 'hotel' after staying here.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hilton G
Originally Posted by saaveraward
anyone notice after the 50% flash sale, room rates went down roughly 25%?
I did, which led me to a nice long booking in Osaka and Tokyo; however, I feel like the roons ran out fast, if that makes sense. Does anyone know if there is a limited number of rooms for flash sales?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:07 pm

There are a limited number of rooms and the hotel decides how many and which categories are available. Although I'm not real thrilled with a "50% off" sale really being 25% off and can not be canceled. So you're basically paying the advance purchase rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.