Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Arrow Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Couldn't find a post using search, so apologies if this is a duplicate:

http://news.conradhotels.com/index.c...ty/detail/8885

I just passed a building with "CONRAD" on the side, so I imagine it will open on time.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Good news, thanks OP.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Now accepting reservations from July 1st.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:49 am

Yay! How about location? Where is it?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Good news, indeed.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Shows 80k pts/n for basic rooms
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Yay! How about location? Where is it?
It's on Nakanoshima, right in the center of the city and scheduled to open on June 9th.
http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...irections.html
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
Not a huge fan of the location to be honest. There just isn't a convenient way to get to the Shin-Osaka Station.
The Crowne Plaza and the Ritz Carlton (to a lesser degree) have the same problem.
It is not the end of the world but if they have similar rates as the IC, then I will most likely chose the iC because of superior location.

Will still try to check it out the next time, though.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ilseum
Not a huge fan of the location to be honest. There just isn't a convenient way to get to the Shin-Osaka Station.
The Crowne Plaza and the Ritz Carlton (to a lesser degree) have the same problem.
It is not the end of the world but if they have similar rates as the IC, then I will most likely chose the iC because of superior location.

Will still try to check it out the next time, though.
According to Google Maps it's 600m from Yodoyabashi Metro Station which in turn is 9 minutes from Shin-Osaka on the Metro Midosuji Line. When I was staying at the Crowne Plaza I walked from Yodoyabashi and thought it was very convenient but YMMV.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Some
In terms of design and room size it looks like they're positioning it at a similar level to Conrad Tokyo, i.e. contender for best Conrad in the entire portfolio - looking forward to this opening!
Old May 14, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hilton G
Booked this property

Hello, sorry if my post isn't like in advance, this is my first time posting on this forum. Though, I do often read the content here, and I believe it to be the most accurate and informing.

I have booked the property for a total of 3 days: June 9, 10, and 11. This is the first weekend of the property being open. I was going to be in Osaka anyway traveling, so I decided to take advantage of the fact this hotel was opening during that timeframe.

I did use rewards to book this hotel, so they do accept certificates, points, and points and cash, for those wondering. I do not really know what to expect, I am a gold member, however, I do not know if I will get upgraded or not.

I have stayed at the Conrad Tokyo and most of the properties in Japan, with Conrad Tokyo being the best property. I do anticipate to enjoy the rooms regardless of the level, considering it starts at 50sm which is quite large for a basic level room.
I will also be staying in the Hilton Osaka and a hostel prior to staying at this property, as I wanted to try the experience of a hostel.

One thing I wanted to put into consideration were the lack of property photos. They are all very generic and dont tell a story well at all. So, I am hoping that more will be released prior to my arrival.

I will try to post a review of my experience there, of the lounge as well if I get that opportunity .

Thanks for the time.

Last edited by Skypio; May 14, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Old May 15, 2017, 12:29 am

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this hotel, as I am planning a stay in Dec.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Most importantly, make sure to post a photo of the Conrad bear!
Old May 15, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
There are some videos and photos online, just need to search them in Japanese words. The whole hotel looks a bit dark due to the dark interiors. But very spacious. Executive room is at 66m2 which is the same size with entry room at Aman Tokyo. The standard suite is at 100m2 but this hotel has only couple of suites.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Any bets on the type of stuffed toy they'll have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.