Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by saaveraward
First, I expect a concierge at a high-end luxury hotel to be able to complete any reasonable task as long as it's not illegal or illicit. Especially if the guest is just seeking information and not arrangements.

Second, I don't appreciate being told something doesn't exist that clearly does.

Third, replies should have more answers than questions and should not take days.

Fourth, I requested a restaurant reservation and was told it is sold out for the entire month (it's not) because it's quite famous (it's not).

In total, I find this to be very poor and if you were privileged to the communications, I have a feeling you would agree. Again, if I was staying at an airport Hilton Garden Inn I wouldn't attempt this line of inquiry. But when you're charging $700 USD a night on a base room, you're going to be held to a higher standard
I'm with you on all these points. You're not asking anything unreasonable and they should do better. I wasn't even privileged to your emails and I know how nonchalant some new luxury hotels can be. If the DM doesn't work then certainly email the GM yourself.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'm with you on all these points. You're not asking anything unreasonable and they should do better. I wasn't even privileged to your emails and I know how nonchalant some new luxury hotels can be. If the DM doesn't work then certainly email the GM yourself.
All first world problems. I did receive a more recent reply with some more info, but it's definitely a DIY situation. I'm going to have laundry done at the next stop purely because I was able to nail it down with the hotel easily and quickly and my credit card concierge will take care of the restaurant reservations. No need to engage further with the hotel so we'll see how the upcoming stay is... stay tuned
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
I stayed last year for 2 nights, as others mentioned, as diamond member, NO upgrade at all! While, room available for sale online, they said they were sold out! The front desk said something they reserved room for sale online, but nothing available for them to sell or upgrade.
Thus, we went back to Hilton Osaka....
Cheaper, better Diamond recognition, better location as well.
better diamond recognition? I've never gotten an upgrade from the hilton, and the rooms are always small, and the diamond breakfast is just full of noisy tourists who shouts over everything and the food is blend.

location, yes its better. by 10 minutes walking. cheaper too.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by kaka
better diamond recognition? I've never gotten an upgrade from the hilton, and the rooms are always small, and the diamond breakfast is just full of noisy tourists who shouts over everything and the food is blend.

location, yes its better. by 10 minutes walking. cheaper too.
maybe I was lucky, stayed there twice, first time got suite upgrade, second time got executive room. I enjoyed the breakfast too.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
question regarding storing item, if I have a booking on day x (let say 27th to the 28th). Is it possible for me to come by on the 26th and drop off my luggage in this property?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sandyph
question regarding storing item, if I have a booking on day x (let say 27th to the 28th). Is it possible for me to come by on the 26th and drop off my luggage in this property?
That should be definitely possible.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by sandyph
Not exactly the same but I shipped a luggage size box via TA-Q-BIN that arrived several days prior to my stay along with several smaller packages from Amazon JP. All were placed in the luggage area of the room prior to arrival and no charge for storage/handling.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by rustykettel

Not exactly the same but I shipped a luggage size box via TA-Q-BIN that arrived several days prior to my stay along with several smaller packages from Amazon JP. All were placed in the luggage area of the room prior to arrival and no charge for storage/handling.
thanks.
will try and dropped them off on my way from Hilton Osaka then, hopefully they don't mind
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:13 am

As noted above, I had pre-arrival challenges. Hilton asked the GM to contact me to sort it out and he/she never did.

Be that as it may, this is an outstanding hotel. Upgraded day of arrival (before check in) from deluxe to corner exec as diamond.

I've seen complaints upthread about staff interactions and that they talk your ear off. I found the staff to be warm, sincere and engaging. If they ask you about your day, you can give a short courtesy answer and move on without issue. If you'd like to engage, they seem genuinely interested in your satisfaction as a guest.

Breakfast at Atoms is the way to go. Most choose the lobster eggs, although don't miss the okanamayaki eggs benedict mash up. The evening reception in the lounge seemed nice, but what was on offer was not to my taste and I was going out anyway. There is also afternoon tea with sweets.

I really can't say anything about the room except it's designed well, has a decent amount of free space (although I would prefer a sofa at the edge of the bed over the day bed) and functions quite well. Everything is where it should be and operates the say it should on a business and leisure level. Only complaint is having to climb through the tub to draw down the bathroom shade. Everything else is electronic, they couldn't figure that out too? Housekeeping twice daily is outstanding and all finishes are spotless.

Back to the concierge/lounge/guest services staff, it's much more hits than misses but some members of staff are precise with minute detail and others you have to lead half way down a path to get a proper result. I think a tiny bit of training here would bring this property to another level. Again, not an issue, just a suggestion.

Rates here are probably some of the highest in the Hilton portfolio. Yet, if you can get a flash rate or don't mind burning 80k points, it's an excellent choice and you are very well looked after. I would enthusiastically stay here again.

score: 9.5/10 (not factoring pre-arrival service)

forgot to mention, the beds are like concrete, ask for a mattress topper and they'll put it on no problem.

Last edited by saaveraward; Apr 13, 2018 at 2:48 am
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Is there a consensus on the "best" way to travel from KIX airport to hotel and vice versa? Taxi all the way is very expensive. I have visited the hotel twice, both times I took a taxi from hotel to Namba station and then the 50 minute Nankai commuter train from Namba to the airport. I realized that it's not worth the $5 savings, I should just take the Nankai Limited Eepress, even though it requires the hassle of making a reservation.

But is there a better way of going to the airport for someone with bags who doesn't want to pay for a private taxi all the way?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:13 am

5 minute taxi to or from the airport limo bus at ENT station. Very easy. Beware that station vends tickets in cash only.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward
5 minute taxi to or from the airport limo bus at ENT station. Very easy. Beware that station vends tickets in cash only.
The Hilton sells tickets from the concierge and they take CC's so there's a chance the Conrad might as well. Otherwise, you can use credit cards to buy a round trip ticket from the airport.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Is there a consensus on the "best" way to travel from KIX airport to hotel and vice versa? Taxi all the way is very expensive. I have visited the hotel twice, both times I took a taxi from hotel to Namba station and then the 50 minute Nankai commuter train from Namba to the airport. I realized that it's not worth the $5 savings, I should just take the Nankai Limited Eepress, even though it requires the hassle of making a reservation.

But is there a better way of going to the airport for someone with bags who doesn't want to pay for a private taxi all the way?
As saaveraward mentioned, the limo bus is the consensus best method and then a taxi/walk. The nankai train + taxi combo will probably take you the same amount of time but be slightly more expensive.

Osaka Sta./Chayamachi/Shin Umeda City/Shin-Osaka/Senri Newtown/Senrichuo | Time table/Fares | [Official] Kansai International Airport Limousine Bus/ Time Table/ Bus Stop/ Fare/ Route List (Kansai Airport Transportation Enterprise)
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by triplefives
The Hilton sells tickets from the concierge and they take CC's so there's a chance the Conrad might as well. Otherwise, you can use credit cards to buy a round trip ticket from the airport.
the conrad does not sell tickets, so remember to have (I think) yen 1550 handy.

I only needed a one way, but yes, buying a return from the airport is probably the easy way to go.

It was also suggested by the hotel, smartly, that you go to ENT station an not the final city stop (to save time) because you don't want to risk not being able to find a seat.

Last edited by saaveraward; Apr 30, 2018 at 8:06 am
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:21 am

I'm staying at the Hilton near the train station with my father in February (I've stayed there before, but this will be his first time in Osaka). I had a good experience there and figured the convenience of that location (we'll take at least two day trips via train) would serve us better than the Conrad. However, I'm thinking it might be nicer to have a "luxury" experience at this property.

Any guidance? Obviously it will come down to personal preference but was just wondering what others thought. FWIW, I'm Diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.