FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Osaka {JPN}
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2018, 2:39 am
sandyph

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by danpeake
I'm staying at the Hilton near the train station with my father in February (I've stayed there before, but this will be his first time in Osaka). I had a good experience there and figured the convenience of that location (we'll take at least two day trips via train) would serve us better than the Conrad. However, I'm thinking it might be nicer to have a "luxury" experience at this property.

Any guidance? Obviously it will come down to personal preference but was just wondering what others thought. FWIW, I'm Diamond.
I've stayed 2 nights at the Hilton and 1 night at the Conrad last week.
there's no contest, Conrad is much better in every aspect.
Some might argue about the location but there is still a subway right below the hotel and if you really don't want to walk, taxi to Osaka station cost just around $5 (the meter almost didn't move).

as for the hotel it self, it's absolutely gorgeous.
The rooms are sparkling new and quite spacious, the lobby is great, the exec lounge is great, the swimming pool and Jacuzzi is great, the breakfast is great and even I find the service is good despite what others above have said.

In retrospect, I would've stay all 3 nights at Conrad instead of splitting it with the Hilton if not for the fact that 2 nights at Hilton are still cheaper than 1 night at Conrad