Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:22 pm

Has anyone been able to change their reservation booked with citi free weekend nights from beach villa to water villa? I was told that it couldn't by Hilton Worldwide and the T&Cs does indicate it must be a standard room. Just wondering if anyone experienced otherwise. Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Has anyone been able to change their reservation booked with citi free weekend nights from beach villa to water villa? I was told that it couldn't by Hilton Worldwide and the T&Cs does indicate it must be a standard room. Just wondering if anyone experienced otherwise. Thanks
I managed yesterday to change both a 10 night points booking and and a 2 night free certificate (2 x Barclaycard) booking from beach villa to water villa for no extra points
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Try calling again, I think the CSR probably did not realize that the WV is now a standard room and it clearly says so on their website, we were able to switch our stay where we used 3 citi weekend certificates along w/ points for the remainder of the stay to the WV from the BV.

Select the STANDARD ROOM REWARD rate, at 95,000 Hilton Honors points per night, for the WATER VILLA

Last edited by JRV62; Dec 20, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:56 pm

Do we need to bring our watershoes to walk on shallow water like going into the water from our superior water villa? Just making sure there's no sharp coral pieces when we are just walking around the beach, thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by gallagher

I managed yesterday to change both a 10 night points booking and and a 2 night free certificate (2 x Barclaycard) booking from beach villa to water villa for no extra points
What kind of Hilton free night certification is offered by Barclaycard? which card?
I thought only Citi and Amex (soon will be Amex only) has this thing?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:52 pm

You can't C+P links from when you are doing reservations. They don't work.

Originally Posted by MissVacation
Do we need to bring our watershoes to walk on shallow water like going into the water from our superior water villa? Just making sure there's no sharp coral pieces when we are just walking around the beach, thanks!
Yes, there's a lot of broken coral on the whole Western side of the lagoon from the DWVs right up to the SunWVs so water shoes will prove very useful. As for the beach, it's not really a beach where you walk into the water from as it's extremely shallow there, full of coral and the stretch is broken up every 50-75m or so by the walkways to the villas.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 20, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by gnomey
What kind of Hilton free night certification is offered by Barclaycard? which card?
I thought only Citi and Amex (soon will be Amex only) has this thing?
barclaycard is a Uk issued Hilton Visa credit card. You get a free night certificate if you spend £750 in the first 3(?) months.
*there are other countries apart from the US that issue Hilron credit cards
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by gallagher

barclaycard is a Uk issued Hilton Visa credit card. You get a free night certificate if you spend £750 in the first 3(?) months.
*there are other countries apart from the US that issue Hilron credit cards
yes, this mind was too US-centric. was wondering what i miss out on
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: LH Sen
If you have a stay booked with a free night certificate, they need to cancel the existing reservation and rebook, generating a new reservation number.
Stays with points only, can be changed to a different room type without cancellation, with the same reservation number in place.
I did both yesterday.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:07 am

Have some divers been there?
I can not find detailed informations regarding the Ocean Dive Centre.
Are they offering some dive packages or is there a way to contact them directly?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
You can't C+P links from when you are doing reservations. They don't work.

Yes, there's a lot of broken coral on the whole Western side of the lagoon from the DWVs right up to the SunWVs so water shoes will prove very useful. As for the beach, it's not really a beach where you walk into the water from as it's extremely shallow there, full of coral and the stretch is broken up every 50-75m or so by the walkways to the villas.
thanks!!!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:07 am

I had two nights booked on beach villas on points. Read about the water villas on some blogs and went to check. If I was looged off, I could find the BV and WV for 95k points but when I logged into my account, both the BV and WV availabilty would disappear. Tried some help with chat assistance to no avail.
Since I had receveid an email from the hotel about the transfer and upgrades, I replyed about my glitch on HH site and asked if they could change my reservation from BV to WV, which was done! And much easier than cancelling the original reservation and booking a new one.
I also have two nights booked on Hilton Seychelles Northolme on this same trip, wish this upgrade was also available. :-)
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Carq
I had two nights booked on beach villas on points. Read about the water villas on some blogs and went to check. If I was looged off, I could find the BV and WV for 95k points but when I logged into my account, both the BV and WV availabilty would disappear. Tried some help with chat assistance to no avail.
Since I had receveid an email from the hotel about the transfer and upgrades, I replyed about my glitch on HH site and asked if they could change my reservation from BV to WV, which was done! And much easier than cancelling the original reservation and booking a new one.
I also have two nights booked on Hilton Seychelles Northolme on this same trip, wish this upgrade was also available. :-)
I believe you cannot see availability if you are logged in and dont have enough HH points. That's what is mentioned above. Weird.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by jasdou
I wonder if I could contact the management team and ask them to convert part of my stay to a WV for free if there is award availability.
So it seems like they are unable to modify an award booking at the resort level as was told to try with Hilton reservations to split my stay into BV/WV. Having never stayed in either BV or a WV type acccomodations, I am hesitant to cancel my 5-night BV award booking to rebook a WV just because it is available. There seems to be quite a few people who actually prefer the BV over the WV. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Can anyone provide an update on how quickly the coral is recovering along the house reef?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.