Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond,SPG Gold,Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by mc93
I returned from my Maldives trip last night. I upgraded two nights to the Superior Water Villa and we were upgraded on our last night to a Deluxe Beach Villa, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure if I liked the water villa or beach villa more, as I do prefer the bathroom indoors in the SWV; but the direct beach access was very convenient. I was in SWV 342 and DBV 209. The beach villa was close to the house reef, and we enjoyed snorkeling and found the channel by DBV 220. They also provided a small cake for my boyfriend's birthday!
thanks for sharing~ will go to Rangali next week, also upgrade 2 night to Superior Water Villa and booked adventure snorkeling already~
regarding the upgrade, totally how many nights stay at Conrad Rangali? (5 nights?)
and, how many nights got upgrade from SWV to Deluxe Beach Villa?(3 in Beach Villa, 1 SWV,1 Deluxe Beach Villa?)
hopefully I will be upgrade to 3 night deluxe Beach Villa(from Beach Villa), and 2 night DWV(from SWV)...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Leon Liau
thanks for sharing~ will go to Rangali next week, also upgrade 2 night to Superior Water Villa and booked adventure snorkeling already~
regarding the upgrade, totally how many nights stay at Conrad Rangali? (5 nights?)
and, how many nights got upgrade from SWV to Deluxe Beach Villa?(3 in Beach Villa, 1 SWV,1 Deluxe Beach Villa?)
hopefully I will be upgrade to 3 night deluxe Beach Villa(from Beach Villa), and 2 night DWV(from SWV)...
I only stayed 3 nights total on points. I paid 2 nights upgrade to Superior Water Villa, and the last night was just Beach Villa (which was upgraded to the Deluxe Beach villa). Enjoy your stay!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:31 pm

That would indeed be a miracle but do let us know if it happens!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond,SPG Gold,Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
hope Stefano Ruzza also visit this forum~ will share the result of upgrade after my trip.

have other 2 questions:
1)Sunset fishing
Does sunset fishing worth 90++/per person, and maybe another 20++ for cooking?
the same money could use for dinner and have more menu choice.
Anyone could share the experience of the fishing excursion?
2)host assignment
Does the host assigned as important factor affect the whole experience? or just make no difference?
some review said the host might need to take care of huge amounts of villas especially when he/she could speak mandarin.
(1/4 tourist of Maldives from China!)
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:09 pm

1)Sunset fishing
Does sunset fishing worth 90++/per person, and maybe another 20++ for cooking?
the same money could use for dinner and have more menu choice.
Anyone could share the experience of the fishing excursion?
We did this and it's worth it in our opinion, especially if you have kids.

2)host assignment
Does the host assigned as important factor affect the whole experience? or just make no difference?
some review said the host might need to take care of huge amounts of villas especially when he/she could speak mandarin.
(1/4 tourist of Maldives from China!)
No difference really. Every one of them is extremely professional and there are 3 or 4 there now that are Mandarin speakers. 放心吧!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Staying 6 night on points. Upgraded to DBV for 4 nights and RWV for 2 nights (no co-payments required). Can’t complain wih that, although the weather isn’t cooperating.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Staying 6 night on points. Upgraded to DBV for 4 nights and RWV for 2 nights (no co-payments required). Can’t complain wih that, although the weather isn’t cooperating.
This is exactly what I like to see in this thread! Let us know how you like the accommodations!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
This is exactly what I like to see in this thread! Let us know how you like the accommodations!
DBV - meh... might have actually preferred a refurbished BV.
RWV - meh, showing its age. Switches, dials from the 70’s. No power points in sight. Otherwise spacious and a nice change.

I would be be very disappointed if I paid for either of these villas considering the state they’re in and the asking price.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I'm sure I posted this not so new update anymore but had a 7 night award BV stay (3 of those nights being paid upgrade to a SWV).

At arrival;

3 nights BV to DBV
1 night BV to DWV
3 nights SWV to DWV
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Gold_Member
DBV - meh... might have actually preferred a refurbished BV.
RWV - meh, showing its age. Switches, dials from the 70’s. No power points in sight. Otherwise spacious and a nice change.

I would be be very disappointed if I paid for either of these villas considering the state they’re in and the asking price.
I agree re the RWVs. They really do need refurbishing. There's no way they're value for money if you were to pay cash in high or festive season.

Originally Posted by alanslegal
I'm sure I posted this not so new update anymore but had a 7 night award BV stay (3 of those nights being paid upgrade to a SWV).

At arrival;

3 nights BV to DBV
1 night BV to DWV
3 nights SWV to DWV
The single night in the middle tells me they overbooked BVs. Worked out well for you though. ^
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:14 pm

Hello!
We are returning in March for 5 nights ( booked with points)
Last March we asked in email for 213-216 if available and got upgraded on arrival to DBV 225. ( Diamond member).
I've got a feeling from reports that people like standard refurbished BV better.. Would it be ok to decline upgrade to DBV if offered or would it look impolite?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:25 am

Upgrade price

I was quoted a upgrade price that is exactly the price difference between the BV and the type of water villa on cash booking. Is this the norm? My trip is in June so that is low season for the Maldives. The price is on the highy side according to the wiki.

Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa USD330.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa USD573.00 + tax per night additional

So, can do I better than this? Is there a similar HUCA trick I can use? Do diamond get better rate?

Thank you!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by kar69
Hello!
We are returning in March for 5 nights ( booked with points)
Last March we asked in email for 213-216 if available and got upgraded on arrival to DBV 225. ( Diamond member).
I've got a feeling from reports that people like standard refurbished BV better.. Would it be ok to decline upgrade to DBV if offered or would it look impolite?
Not at all impolite. People like what they like and no-one would think ill of you. After all there's nothing wrong with asking for what you have paid for whether it be with points or cash. However they wouldn't be expecting it and if they have overbooked BVs and have given you an upgrade and you refuse, they might be in a sticky position if fully booked (they are usually at 95%+ occupancy all year round) and would probably be running around trying to upgrade someone else and get them out of a BV to give it to you.....but hey, that's their problem. You might end up with an upgrade to a WV of some kind if that happens.

Originally Posted by neuro0
I was quoted a upgrade price that is exactly the price difference between the BV and the type of water villa on cash booking. Is this the norm? My trip is in June so that is low season for the Maldives. The price is on the highy side according to the wiki.

So, can do I better than this? Is there a similar HUCA trick I can use? Do diamond get better rate?

Thank you!
They usually give 20% off the difference if you are a Hilton Elite, i.e; Gold or Diamond. Don't know about Silver. Ask and you may receive.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0

Thank you!
I just finished our vacation and on our way to home . I do not upgraded my room to Superior water villa, only standard water villa . I will share my experience with you.
After I booked my stay ( beach Villa) in cash, I contacted the resort for ungraded to standard water villa. First agent quote me $200/ night . I waited a coupe months later. Then I sent an email asking for price quote again. I was offered the same ($200/ night + tax). I replied back saying I only want to pay $100+tax for the room. the 2nd sale agent accept my offered price . So, it cost me ~ $123/ night for upgraded to STD water villa.

Villa #330 is a good choice and I am happy with the room for 2 nights, until a noisy neighbor move in . I was moved to retreat water villa, room 417 for a remaining of our stay . We have a good time in Conrad Maldives. One negative thing is we did not really enjoy our dinner time in Conrad because we did not feel hungry much at dinner time .We were tired of the very long flight and the jet lag last much longer so our body does not function normally. Breakfast, tea time and cocktail time ( plus some snack food) is enough for us.

Since your stay is in a low season and have time . You can wait and try for price quote again with another sale agent. We are planning for another Maldives trip and waiting for the Hilton deal to come again.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:30 am

Hi. How far in advance should one request a particular BV range? We’re bringing our daughter who will be just over one year old by then, what would you recommend for easy and good beach access? We’re staying in March for a week, if that matters.

(Hard to search within the thread on mobile so I apologize if this has been covered earlier)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.