Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aysoo
Thats my correct account... beforehand I asked for seaplane transfer around 11-12pm and lounge time at seaplane terminal. Airport hotel i stayed one night to explore Male told me now that they have drive us 7:15 am to the airport for 7:45 am departure, conrad confirmed my request dor flight around noon and lounge time... not sure what to expect now
holiday sleep for night 1 cancelled (timezone jetlag +5)
You will easily beat the jetlag and feel super relaxed once you get to the resort (unless someone is flying drones around above your villa
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by aysoo
Thats my correct account... beforehand I asked for seaplane transfer around 11-12pm and lounge time at seaplane terminal. Airport hotel i stayed one night to explore Male told me now that they have drive us 7:15 am to the airport for 7:45 am departure, conrad confirmed my request dor flight around noon and lounge time... not sure what to expect now
holiday sleep for night 1 cancelled (timezone jetlag +5)
Nothing to see in Male. Expect to have a few more hours in paradise. You'll realize it's for the better once you're there or you've left Rangali. ^
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:38 am

I contacted the hotel regarding drone policy as I m planning to bring one for aerial photos (not other guests of course) and here are the details:

At the time of arrival you will be briefed by designated GSA drone operation policy of the resort.

Drones are allowed to fly from designated location and that is the supply jetty area.

Drones flown for any aerial view of the resort and its surrounding lagoon should be flown at or above 50 meters from the ground.

Safety & Security Manager or his designated will issue all drone flying permission and for such request guest should be contacted by Guest Service Agent (GSA) or senior front office member.

Drones are not allow to fly:

Above guest Villa

Beach in front of guest villa.

Public beach of the resort.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:14 am

Will add to the wiki.

Looks like you can't fly over most of the resort since almost all the shoreline is public beach.....which is good news but still not a no-drone resort.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:42 am

We will arrive Conrad on Saturday and stay for 7 nights. Can someone please advise the different between Koko grill and sunset grill. And suggestion of dinner plan for 7 nights. I read the information about each restaurant, but can not decide.

How do you give tip . Does it including in the bill automatically .

Thank you
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:52 am

All bills at the hotel include a tip/service charge automatically. You do not need to tip any extra. This includes the room night rates for housekeeping etc.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
We will arrive Conrad on Saturday and stay for 7 nights. Can someone please advise the different between Koko grill and sunset grill. And suggestion of dinner plan for 7 nights. I read the information about each restaurant, but can not decide.

How do you give tip . Does it including in the bill automatically .

Thank you
Sunset is a restaurant open each night. The menu has a wide variety of options. It's over the water. Arrive before opening time for best table.

Koko Grill is Japanese. Unless it's changes since last I went there, it's sort of teppanyaki. It's on the beach near the Quiet Zone.

I think things may have changed since I was there in Jan. I love the wine and cheese bar (fondue) and the wine cellar dinner. I also love Sunset. There are others who love Vilu and Mandoo. I've never done the underwater restaurant cause I dive and it's way too expensive. You might want to do a special dinner, too. I'd look at what looks most interesting to me and reserve that. Most of the restaurants can be reserved a day ahead of time, so no problem. You might want to do room service one night, too depending on where you are staying.

A service charge is included. I usually add another 10% to the bill. Others don't add an additional tip. (I'm American so I tip)
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: AC SE
Well, after months of reading and planning, I have managed to build up my Honors accounts to a healthy 380,000 points which I immediately used to book a 5-night stay in May 2018! I couldn't be more excited. The best part is that my wife has no idea where are going on this trip so I think she is in for a nice surprise!

Quick question: For this property, does the Hilton app allows for room selection at check-in just like any other Hilton properties? Or should I request a specific villa by email a couple of weeks ahead of the stay?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: VA
Originally Posted by jasdou
Well, after months of reading and planning, I have managed to build up my Honors accounts to a healthy 380,000 points which I immediately used to book a 5-night stay in May 2018! I couldn't be more excited. The best part is that my wife has no idea where are going on this trip so I think she is in for a nice surprise!

Quick question: For this property, does the Hilton app allows for room selection at check-in just like any other Hilton properties? Or should I request a specific villa by email a couple of weeks ahead of the stay?
email them if you have a preference. Don’t think there are any bad ones however... all by are new now. More a case of sunset or sunrise preference
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by jasdou

No, afraid not. AFAIK room selection via the app is limited to the USA only but that could have changed by now. See the wiki for villa selection if you are interested in choosing one and yes, an email one or 2 weeks out is fine.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No, afraid not. AFAIK room selection via the app is limited to the USA only but that could have changed by now. See the wiki for villa selection if you are interested in choosing one and yes, an email one or 2 weeks out is fine.
I have used the online check-in room selection tool for the HGI at FRA at few times so yeah, it does work outside the USA. I just don't know how widespread this feature is. Anyhow, I've already bookmarked the villa selection posts so I will revisit them in a couple of months.

BTW, @MaldivesFreak, thanks for your contributions on this forum! Your posts motivated me to go for 5 nights instead of the 4 I was initially planning to do and couldn't be more pleased that I did. Your recommendations for the restaurant optons are also appreciated and will certainly make good use of them!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:51 am

You're most welcome. Glad that you found the info useful. I'm sure you'll be blown away by the resort.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Online check-in was not available a month ago. And I don't think it would work in a resort like this (especially not to select your room).
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:23 pm

Thank you for all the advice on here regarding this property! We are currently staying here until Sunday 26. We just paid for upgrade from Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa for the remaining days of our stay, and I am a little disappointed with room. We were at the Park Hyatt Hadahaa last year and found that their over-the-water bungalow were much more superior. It was well maintained by the staff with newer furniture and better layout on the deck (though there was no jacuzzi). But when we got to our room on the Rangali island, I see the deck with the jacuzzi and cheap furniture, and the decor in the room doesn't jive with the overall decor. Has anyone stay here recently and have similar thoughts like us? Don't get me wrong: the service, breakfast and all the activities/amenities offered at this property are all notches above the Hyatt. It's just our Superior Water villa looks dated and worn. I am thinking of talking with our host to see we can get another over-the-water with a newer look. Do you think it's worth nitpicking about?

Last edited by newdaybegin; Nov 21, 2017 at 9:57 pm
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Thank you for all the advice on here regarding this property! We are currently staying here until Sunday 26. We just paid for upgrade from Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa for the remaining days of our stay, and I am a little disappointed with room. We were at the Park Hyatt Hadahaa last year and found that their over-the-water bungalow were much more superior. It was well maintained by the staff with newer furniture and better layout on the deck (though there was no jacuzzi). But when we got to our room 337 on the Rangali island, I see the deck with the jacuzzi and cheap furniture, and the decor in the room doesn't jive with the overall decor. Has anyone stay here recently and have similar thoughts like us? Don't get me wrong: the service, breakfast and all the activities/amenities offered at this property are all notches above the Hyatt. It's just our Superior Water villa looks dated and worn. I am thinking of talking with our host to see we can get another over-the-water with a newer look. Do you think it's worth nitpicking about?
What did you pay? and yes, you should nitpick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.