Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I don't know whether it will be "Southeast Asia" or "Asia Pacific" (Conrad Rangali has been in both), all I was told is that Conrad Rangali will be included.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by goliath
I don't know whether it will be "Southeast Asia" or "Asia Pacific" (Conrad Rangali has been in both), all I was told is that Conrad Rangali will be included.
I assume these sales only apply to revenue booking? It would be awesome if it would lower the cost of award bookings as well!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
I assume these sales only apply to revenue booking? It would be awesome if it would lower the cost of award bookings as well!
With the latest changes to the system that is near on impossible.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:18 am

I assume these sales only apply to revenue booking?
Correct.

It would be awesome if it would lower the cost of award bookings as well!
Yes it would be. Alas, it's not gonna happen.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
Like all the courses, there is theory and exams that must be taken. The 1 dive that is part of the course, is almost irrelevant, thats just to complete it. The Nitrox course is a very good reminder of all the tables (depth, time, etc) that are used when diving.
Indeed, the dive itself is optional and not part of the PADI enriched air certification, so you can always do the course at home to equip yourself for future holiday dives.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
If anybody is planning to book a paid stay at Rangali soon, you may want to wait a couple of days. An internal source told me that there will be a flash sale from Nov, 11-15 that will include Conrad Rangali.

No guarantee, of course, but I tend to trust the source.

We have just booked our flights to MLE to return in October 2018 and are now looking into our options how/where/for how long to book. We're thinking about splitting our trip between the Park Hyatt and the Conrad, so we have seen something else in the Maldives at least once. Decisions, decisions...

More details about our last visit to follow soon - unfortunately, I am swamped with work at the moment.
Wow.. thanks for the heads up... unfortunately, I just booked 2 weeks ago..... and non refundable... sigh...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
So while this is my first post on this thread, I want to thank everyone here for being an excellent resource for our trip (myself and the g/f), which crazily will begin next Monday. Maldivesfreak has been, of course, invaluable, and Jermyn - the trip report is amazing.

So we are spending 5 nights (despite Maldivesfreak suggesting more) though we are arriving 8AM in MLE and should be leaving around 11 PM, so maximizing that way. The g/f is vegan, so that always keeps these kind of trips interesting.

I have the upgrade rates given me:

Upgrade costs - in the email that they quoted this for me, they said this was the "Hilton Gold" price. I did try to negotiate a lower rate which was unsuccessful.
Beach Villa to Water Villa USD180.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa USD252.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa USD396.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa USD504.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Premier Water Villa USD1,008.00 + tax per night additional
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:10 am

I must stay in Male overnight since my flight land at 10:10 pm . I booked an over night stay at Octave Hotel and requested a transfer from airport ==> hotel==> airport .

Conrad Maldives reservation agent told me that my sea plane transfer time is between 06:00 to noon the next day . And if I have a prefer sea transfer time, just let them know. They will see what they can do.

I email back and request sea plane transfer time 11:00am -noon. I received a reply that I need to contact Octave hotel at check in to find out my sea plane depart time.

I wonder if everyone has gone thru the same thing when taking a sea plan to Conrad. I feel that it must easy to know ahead what time is my turn for taking sea plane . Does anyone know sea plan schedule and how many sea plane trip it the company run during that time slot (06:00 -noon) .

Regarding upgrading price, in my experience, if the sale agent giving you a price higher than you want, just send another email to Conrad and deal with another sale agent .

In my case that is how I did and I end up having the very good pricing for upgrading to water villa.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:26 am

No, they are not stuffing you around. It's tropical islands, they don't and cannot run the airline like rpt schedules. This is how it is. You get an indicative tune and may end up on the island 3 hours earlier or 6 hours later.
Chill, it's the Maldives. Personally I'd ask for the earliest flight available and get to heaven, away from Male.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Regarding upgrading price, in my experience, if the sale agent giving you a price higher than you want, just send another email to Conrad and deal with another sale agent .
This makes absolutely no difference to what rate you will get (bar the agent making a mistake and quoting you higher or lower).

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
In my case that is how I did and I end up having the very good pricing for upgrading to water villa.
It's called luck. Somebody cancelled or upgraded to another category which freed up rooms in the category you upgraded to.

Originally Posted by OhioExile
So while this is my first post on this thread, I want to thank everyone here for being an excellent resource for our trip (myself and the g/f), which crazily will begin next Monday. Maldivesfreak has been, of course, invaluable, and Jermyn - the trip report is amazing.

So we are spending 5 nights (despite Maldivesfreak suggesting more) though we are arriving 8AM in MLE and should be leaving around 11 PM, so maximizing that way. The g/f is vegan, so that always keeps these kind of trips interesting.

I have the upgrade rates given me:

Upgrade costs - in the email that they quoted this for me, they said this was the "Hilton Gold" price. I did try to negotiate a lower rate which was unsuccessful.
Beach Villa to Water Villa USD180.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa USD252.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa USD396.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Deluxe Water Villa USD504.00 + tax per night additional
Beach Villa to Premier Water Villa USD1,008.00 + tax per night additional
Thanks for the kind words and glad I could help with your planning. And thanks for the upgrade rates. Will post to the wiki if there are differences between what you got and what's already there. Enjoy your stay in paradise. Hate you already!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
No, they are not stuffing you around. It's tropical islands, they don't and cannot run the airline like rpt schedules. This is how it is. You get an indicative tune and may end up on the island 3 hours earlier or 6 hours later.
Chill, it's the Maldives. Personally I'd ask for the earliest flight available and get to heaven, away from Male.
I request that sea transfer time frame in case we have to manage to get back to airport ourselves (without hotel aid).

Plus , I was told the check in time is at 3:00 pm. I already request a late check out. So, I am not sure if Conrad will grant me check in that early. If by any chance I get a transfer to Conrad earlier , I hope I will have a room available to check in earlier than 3:00pm rule

@ MaldivesFreak,

Maybe a combination of luck or or maybe not so many people stay at Conrad in last week of November, that why Conrad sale agent lower the pricing to fill up their empty room.

Without contacting another sale agent, I will stuck with a higher offer rate because the first sale agent (I am dealing with from beginning ) refuses to lower the upgrade rate .

Everyone has their own way to get a good upgrade pricing. In my case, at least I get 50% off from the pricing they first quote me. And I am happy with the outcome.

Last edited by vnfilm1; Nov 1, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta SM Million Miler | Miles & More | Bonvoy Gold | HHonors Diamond | AMEX Centurion | PC Platinum
Vilu restaurant will be closed for the next two weeks due to refurbishment. Breakfast will be served at Mandhoo and Happy Hours for Golds and Diamonds will be served at the Quiet zone.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by mp007
Vilu restaurant will be closed for the next two weeks due to refurbishment. Breakfast will be served at Mandhoo and Happy Hours for Golds and Diamonds will be served at the Quiet zone.
Thanks. Will add that to the wiki. Shame I'm not there. Would be nice to have breakfast at Mandhoo.

Edit. Interesting that the website isn't listing the closure.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:40 pm

If anybody is planning to book a paid stay at Rangali soon, you may want to wait a couple of days. An internal source told me that there will be a flash sale from Nov, 11-15 that will include Conrad Rangali.

No guarantee, of course, but I tend to trust the source.
Looks like the sale started a bit earlier - it is now live for bookings until Nov, 13 and stays until Dec, 31, 2018: Link

I see rates as low as $357++ for a beach villa for certain dates - the rates MEMBER SALE BED AND BREAKFAST and MEMBER SALE ROOM ONLY both cost the same.

Last edited by goliath; Nov 7, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:17 pm

Looks like the sale started a bit earlier - it is now live for bookings until Nov, 13 and stays until Dec, 31, 2018: Link

I see rates as low as $357++ for a beach villa for certain dates - the rates MEMBER SALE BED AND BREAKFAST and MEMBER SALE ROOM ONLY both cost the same.

If I book the room using cash, does I also get the benefits to book 4 day getting the 5 night free like point? or is it only work as booking with point? thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.