Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:22 am

Yay. New LIKE feature
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Or $175++ pp without champagne which we opted for.
Are you sure of that price? That's the price for a non-alcoholic Beach BBQ. We were quoted $200++ for the Champagne & Lobster dinner. The price difference in the dinners ($235++ & $260++) matches the price difference in the non-alcoholic options; $25++.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I would skip the Fondue or Wine Cellar, and hit Mandhoo instead.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
The Congratulations Dinner is at Mandhoo. You mean skip either of the above and go to Mandhoo twice?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
we did the tapas wine cellar meal, and really enjoyed it... you get a lot of high quality food and its a lot more affordable then the 10 course meal
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The Congratulations Dinner is at Mandhoo. You mean skip either of the above and go to Mandhoo twice?
Is the congratulations dinner free? How does one go about requesting this?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Is the congratulations dinner free? How does one go about requesting this?
Yes, it's free. Food only, no drinks. You have to show a marriage certificate that is less than 12 months old and then they will arrange it for you. You can do all of this before you arrive. Just remember that it can only be held at Mandhoo and Mandhoo is closed on Mondays.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Are you sure of that price? That's the price for a non-alcoholic Beach BBQ. We were quoted $200++ for the Champagne & Lobster dinner. The price difference in the dinners ($235++ & $260++) matches the price difference in the non-alcoholic options; $25++.
We didn't choose a drinks option, so maybe that is why it was $175++ just for the lobster dinner.

We were going to buy overpriced bottle water but they served us house water so we were cool with that too.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Another segment now in the bag:

The Spectacular Diving and Snorkelling at the Conrad Maldives

I'm going to miss posting to this thread once this TR is done
This one took a little longer as there was a lot of video content. FT only lets me post pics though...

Originally Posted by mileageking
Awesome, amazing, stunning and incredible TR. Well Done. Brings back fond memories. Thanks also for posting menus. ^

Thank you so much for the kind and effusive praise mileageking, it really makes it feel like all the effort was worthwhile.

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Jermyn, fabulous as always. We in the colonies have a much easier and less dear way of getting gold (and diamond) status, so your posts are making me very happy that we chose the Maldives over French Polynesia for our next vacation.

Also, cheers on reacquainting yourself with carbs. If not on holiday, when?
Thanks lhrhappy Tell me about it! The state of things over here is pretty dire, especially now that interchange fees on credit cards have been capped at 0.3%

Good.....but I have to say not as good as Jermyn's pics. He's got the horizon thing down to a T! A couple of those Instagram Butler pics are a little too wonky to blow up and put on a wall.....

Professional and entertaining as usual. This, ".....we mostly stuck to white wine and G&Ts..... After a couple of those we were loosened up, to the point where the prices at Ithaa started to seem reasonable" had me LOL.
You're too kind MaldivesFreak, just you wait until you see next year's pics. My new camera is going to take things to another level!

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Thanks for the guide eating and drinking. Image of food looks delicious . Do you mind sharing how much total you paid for food during your stay.
Thanks vnfilm1 our total F&B bill came to around $500 for 5 days

Last edited by Jermyn; Oct 28, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:20 am

Does anyone know if reward availability is available over the Christmas / New Year period? I know that it isn't available this year but was wondering if that was because it had all been booked or if it was never available in the first place.

Thank you
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Abidjan
OTOH, I love both the Wine Cellar and the Fondue and really, really dislike Mandhoo. To each his/her own.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Next chance you get, you should definetely take your Nitrox course. It will allow you to dive longer at desired depths, and if you are making multiple dives, it tends to make you less tired; at least thats my experience.

Like all the courses, there is theory and exams that must be taken. The 1 dive that is part of the course, is almost irrelevant, thats just to complete it. The Nitrox course is a very good reminder of all the tables (depth, time, etc) that are used when diving.

And finally, i thnk the general consensus is, that the Rescue Diver certification is the most rewarding to take, if you dont plan on Dive Master :-)
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Besmirched
Does anyone know if reward availability is available over the Christmas / New Year period? I know that it isn't available this year but was wondering if that was because it had all been booked or if it was never available in the first place.

Thank you
Hilton has no blackout dates for reward availability.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
If anybody is planning to book a paid stay at Rangali soon, you may want to wait a couple of days. An internal source told me that there will be a flash sale from Nov, 11-15 that will include Conrad Rangali.

No guarantee, of course, but I tend to trust the source.

We have just booked our flights to MLE to return in October 2018 and are now looking into our options how/where/for how long to book. We're thinking about splitting our trip between the Park Hyatt and the Conrad, so we have seen something else in the Maldives at least once. Decisions, decisions...

More details about our last visit to follow soon - unfortunately, I am swamped with work at the moment.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:59 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll assume it's an APAC sale and see if I need to line anything else up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.