Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tallinn Park {EST}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:31 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Thanks for everybody's comments.. My several category upgdraded room is part of a service recovery matter that required intervention of Hilton Corporate Offices so they may offer breakfast in the restaurant but if they don't I am sure the lounge offering will be adequate. Just curious to know.

Surprised that what happened to me with my booking occured after reading the glowing praises of the hotel here and on Trip Advisor..
In many cases, Hilton offers the AAA rate which includes breakfast in the rate, so look for this when making bookings. I wish you a successful service recovery stay.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:38 am

which bus company to use to go from riga to tallinn?

i'm going to stay at the pullmann old town in riga and at the hilton in tallinn.

any recommendations on which bus company to use to go from riga to tallinn?

thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:39 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by summer01
i'm going to stay at the pullmann old town in riga and at the hilton in tallinn.

any recommendations on which bus company to use to go from riga to tallinn?

thanks!
Lux Express is good bus company. If possible take Lux Express lounge for more comfort because the bus journey is about 4h25m.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
You can also check out airbaltic, which have cheap flights.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:09 pm

Has anyone stayed in a room with a sauna?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:36 am

Hilton Tallinn Estonia changed award stay rate

Be careful with Eastern European Hiltons

Yes I did try to look up a FT thread that pertains to this, and looked thru several pages of thread titles, including threads that were last posted on in 1969, but didn't find one that seemed to fit.

Last Feb. I booked a 3 night stay at the Hilton Tallinn, Estonia, for a month from now on points. 90K points 3 nights. Logged onto our HHonors website this morning, and found the reservation had been changed to 90K points and 525 Euros. HHonors customer service was very nice, had her Supervisor call the hotel, and found out:

Yes, the hotel's "night auditor" had changed the reservation at 11:15 at night. But no explanation of why. Hotel CSR would not do anything about it. HH Supervisor asked for the hotel Supervisor, and was only told "he's in a meeting, you will have to email him". Yeah, right, he's going to be in that meeting all week I suppose. Cancelled the reservation of course, but the King Bed room didn't go back into inventory, at least not yet, so had to rebook as a 2 double bed room.

So if you are going to sketchy Eastern European countries, check your reservations online to make sure the "night auditor" hasn't tried to scam you. And make sure you have the HH International phone number with you just in case they do it last minute.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
But no explanation of why. Hotel CSR would not do anything about it. HH Supervisor asked for the hotel Supervisor, and was only told "he's in a meeting,.
So big parent corp Hilton couldn't simply override a shady Estonian night clerk?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion moved to the Hilton forum as it pertains to redeeming points, rather than earning with a credit card.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
If you really want to get the word out post your review on sites like Trip Advisor. That will get a much broader exposure and may even get the attention of property management. If they are really sketchy, you may want to wait until after your stay.

You would think HH would be able to get to someone, but looks like this place isn't worried about any kick back.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take a short break, reread your post with a rested mind and hopefully edit it..
Saturne-79 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've stayed in the Hilton Tallinn, and frankly, it's a wonderful hotel. I also paid 12k points and €38, booked before the recent program changes.

Whether the night auditor actually made the change, it has nothing to do with the shadiness of the hotel. I suspect it wasn't the night auditor, but rather a system bug related to the program changes that has been reported on here, though I can't easily find a reference. It may even be that the night auditor tried to upgrade the room for you in advance (I had a very nice suite upgrade) and that triggered the charge.

I have stayed in several eastern European Hilton properties and virtually all of them have been very good indeed - both compared to those in western Europe and the US, and the local standards for their market. I certainly wouldn't besmirch half a continent over a system bug that didn't start there.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:20 am

Likely a system glitch, similar to what is seen here, rather than a red-phone call from the Kremlin:

Hilton Cash & Points: All Points rate have cash component?!?! ...

So no need to adjust the tin foil hat.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
So no need to adjust the tin foil hat.
Dunno, the conspiracy radar seems a little overzealous to me.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Estonia isn't in the least bit sketchy, so maybe you want to reevaluate your assumptions and generalise a little less.

Hilton Tallinn would be one of the first hotels on my list for a visit to Estonia, given its excellent reputation.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
Dunno, the conspiracy radar seems a little overzealous to me.
I think we're on the same page here.

I have some nights booked at Hilton properties in Eastern Europe (and Central as well, even!) that I'm rather looking forward to.

One of my favorite parts of the world - though I'm jealous of OP in that I've never made it up north to Estonia, which is certainly on my short list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.