Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Super review/detail. Thanks very much.
lindsey1 and escape4 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:22 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Just stayed one night, another excellent visit. Booked King Deluxe, upgraded to King Deluxe One Bedroom Suite. Got two small bottles of Vana Tallinn, chocolate and strawberries.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I came here to write a review of my recent trip but I can’t top what escape4 wrote so I will just add a few notes:
  • my wife, son, and I unknowingly booked a trip over the weekend of the Estonian Song Festival in early July. Seemingly every hotel in the city was sold out for Saturday night (we ended up in an airBNB) and we booked the Sunday night here on Points. It was a great time to visit, the city was full of life, parades, and music.
  • As a lowly gold, I was upgraded to a suite just like what escape4 had. I received the exact same arrival gift, except only one of everything and not two (I guess it pays to be Diamond!!)
  • The day we came into Tallinn, we dropped all of our stuff at the hotel and it was all in our room when we arrived without asking - they must have taken the initiative to read our luggage tags as we never gave our name when we dropped off the luggage. I really appreciated this little touch.
  • The suite was beautiful. Escape4 covered it well and I have nothing to add.
  • I also thought the lounge was beautiful with great views out over the city. We had breakfast up here on the one morning that we had because we liked the view so much, although we were also offered restaurant breakfast.
  • Escape4 mentions a department store and we also found it (Stockmann) to be a great resource. We had breakfast in their rooftop cafe on our AirBNB day and it was much better than I expected. Additionally, our son turned four while we were in Tallinn and we took him to the Stockmann rooftop cafe for a slice of birthday cake, which he claimed was his favorite part of the entire visit - he may be exaggerating but it was a nice spot. We also bought our public transit card and pass at the service desk on the first level.
  • We bought a three-day transit pass for our stay since we had our son with us - I probably would have walked without him but found the transit to be very convenient and very cheap. It’s just 12-15 minutes to the airport via tram from the hotel.
  • There is a nice small park across the street with a playground.
  • Unrelated to the Hilton
    • we went to the maritime museum which is a bit off the beaten path but my son really enjoyed it. Lots for kids to do.
    • I highly recommend visiting the old town first thing in the morning - we went over there early and were the only people there. By 10AM, the old town is full of cruise ship tours. It’s really worth getting up early to check it out before they arrive.
if I come back to Tallinn, I will definitely stay here.. great experience all-around.
BlondeBomber and escape4 like this.

Last edited by River in Sight; Aug 7, 2019 at 5:30 pm
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
It‘s nice to read positive reviews from the Hilton Tallinn and Tallinn itself — my favourite city! Can‘t wait to be back for New Year‘s Eve. ^
escape4 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by florens
It‘s nice to read positive reviews from the Hilton Tallinn and Tallinn itself — my favourite city! Can‘t wait to be back for New Year‘s Eve. ^
Indeed! I do not recall seeing any other Hilton property on FT which is 7/7 on positive reviews each by different travellers, and all reviews being in the last three years so not particularly outdated. If there is one other Hilton property on FT, it has not come to my attention by scanning the different threads!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
Indeed! I do not recall seeing any other Hilton property on FT which is 7/7 on positive reviews each by different travellers, and all reviews being in the last three years so not particularly outdated. If there is one other Hilton property on FT, it has not come to my attention by scanning the different threads!
That's true. It's helped a touch with rates which are artificially low for the product given the competition in the city and low wages plus a healthy contingent of Comrade workers. You're hard pressed to pay more than 100 EUR for a standard room here, especially with the FT crowd using points, corporate rates, sales, promo codes, BRG.

If you end up in some legacy box room in the Cavalieri you can feel a bit ripped off.

You'll find the same positive feedback for many of the Polish Hilton's because it's all a good deal for what they offer.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Upgraded to a King One Bedroom Suite on a King Room sale rate.

We‘ll be back in a few days and are booked into the King One Bedroom Suite then. Hopefully we‘ll get a sauna suite.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yet another upgrade, this time to a King Deluxe Suite. The one with sauna would have been an extra 100€/night.

escape4 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Booked a stay for last night very spontaneously at the same day.

Basic King Room was 109€. Upgraded to One Bedroom Suite.
Abidjan and escape4 like this.
Old May 26, 2020, 1:12 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It has been a while I was not in the hotel. Does anyone remember whether or not in a Standard King room one can open the windows completely ?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fransknorge
It has been a while I was not in the hotel. Does anyone remember whether or not in a Standard King room one can open the windows completely ?
I don't think you can open the windows in any room to be honest.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:28 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I will ask them. I have a booking there end of June (booked pre-SARS-COV-2) and with the current situation both in term of pandemic and travel restrictions, I currently intend to go (assuming LH does not cancel my service). They contacted me pro-actively yesterday with the following info:
As a valued guest, we are delighted to let you know that Hilton Tallinn Park will reopen to guests as of Monday 1st June 2020.

We understand you have an upcoming reservation for XX.06.20 and wanted to reach out to let you know that the team is looking forward to welcoming you with the signature hospitality we are famous for.

In advance of your arrival, we want to inform you that the following services and amenities have been modified:

· eforea spa will be open daily with reduced hours from 9:00 – 13:00 and from 17:00 – 21:00. Steam and Finish saunas will not be available. Treatments will be available during opening hours and must be booked at least 48 hours in advance. No walk in treatments will be available

· Gym will be open daily from 8:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 21:00

· Breakfast will be available via in-room dining from 07:00 to 11:00 am daily.

· The Able Butcher Restaurant will be open from 12:00 – 22:00 daily

· Cafe and Bar Linnutee will be closed

· Executive Lounge benefits will be provided through restaurant in designated area 12:00 – 21:00

Of course, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our key priority at this time, and the hotel continues to maintain the highest standards of cleaning and infection control practices.

To reinforce this, Hilton has announced Hilton CleanStay – a new program to deliver an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection at Hilton properties across the world. Hilton will collaborate with RB, maker of Dettol, and consult with Mayo Clinic, the top-ranked hospital system in the United States, to develop elevated processes and team member training to help Hilton Tallinn Park guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay from check-in to check-out.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on +372 630 5333 or [email protected]if you would like to discuss your booking.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by florens
I don't think you can open the windows in any room to be honest.
Yes you can a little, in some suites.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I will ask them. I have a booking there end of June (booked pre-SARS-COV-2) and with the current situation both in term of pandemic and travel restrictions, I currently intend to go (assuming LH does not cancel my service). They contacted me pro-actively yesterday with the following info:
Interesting, thanks for posting. We are planning on being there in the beginning of July for a couple of nights, so it is good to know what to expect. Obviously the points mentioned can be subject of change.

FWIW the rates are very low, sub 100€ for basic rooms and sub 200€ for suites.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

fransknorge what was your experience at Hilton Tallinn like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.