Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tallinn Park {EST}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy - Ambassador; AS - MVP Gold
Hi everyone just wanted to do a quick bump of my previous question. Has anyone had a chance to stay in or check out the family room at the Hilton Tallinn? I called the hotel and they didn't understand what I was asking.

Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal
Hi Everyone,

I'm not a Hilton regular, but my company offers complimentary Gold status and this seems like the best option for a family visit to Tallinn.

My question is... Has anyone stayed in the "Deluxe Family Room?" I've been searching the internet for any information on this room type and it doesn't appear that anyone has written a review of it.

More questions...
- Does this room only have 1 bathroom? It states there are 2 adjoining rooms, 1 with a king and 1 with 2 doubles. I'm not sure if this is a unique setup specifically for the Deluxe Family category, or if they just take two standard rooms and open up the door in-between them meaning we would have 2 bathrooms.
- If this is a unique type of room, what floors are they on? We would prefer to be on a higher floor for the view.
- Lastly as I have not stayed with Hilton internationally before, would my Gold status get us any type of upgrade? I'm assuming there wouldn't be any upgrade options as we require 3 beds and this appears to be the only room type with 3 beds. Unless they were to have a 1 bedroom suite with a door that adjoins a standard room next to it.

Thanks everyone.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal
Hi everyone just wanted to do a quick bump of my previous question. Has anyone had a chance to stay in or check out the family room at the Hilton Tallinn? I called the hotel and they didn't understand what I was asking.

Hi SoCalNorCal, the Family Room consists of two rooms with a connecting door whereas one of the rooms has a King bed and the other one two Double beds. If you check the pictures on their website for King Guest Room or Two Double Bed Guest Room then this is exactly how the family room looks like, just with an additional door.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D!
Does anyone remember what time breakfast starts in the lounge?

I am planning to take the Luxexpress coach to Riga. The coach station is 15 minutes walk from the hotel, there is a departure at 7am and 8.30am so if breakfast is available from 6am I could make the earlier one.
We would also like to know when the evening offerings closes as we will arrive by Luxexpress bus that schedules to arrive the station at 19:00. Wonder if we could still have some time left to enjoy the lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Happy
We would also like to know when the evening offerings closes as we will arrive by Luxexpress bus that schedules to arrive the station at 19:00. Wonder if we could still have some time left to enjoy the lounge.
I stayed here this weekend - the Executive lounge offerings in the evening are from 1800-2000. They serve wine, beers and tea and coffee plus some soft drinks. The have a few hot and cold canapes out - on one day the hot was mini pizzas and fish teriyaki sticks, on the second day it was veg spring rolls and a beef thing with noodles. The cold selection was a mini fish salad, a feta ball etc. There are also some cheese and ham out with some bread. I would say the food part of the lounge was the most disappointing and is not really enough to substitute for a meal.

The restaurant in the hotel (The Able Butcher) will also be open.

Regards

aks120
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by :D!
Does anyone remember what time breakfast starts in the lounge?
Reporting back from my stay, the lounge is open from 0600-2200.

Breakfast officially starts at 0630. In practice most of the food will be out by 0615, although the staff will still be doing minor things like putting out the labels and rearranging cultery until 0630.

If you are scheduled to arrive by Luxexpress at 1900, expect to actually arrive at 1915. If walking back, you will reach the lounge by 1935. You can also take the tram one stop if you see it coming and you may reach the lounge by 1925. There will be plenty of time to enjoy the lounge. The staff will remind you that they are closing the buffet and alcohol; but they will be happy to put whatever you want on your table to have over the remaining 2 hours.

Outside of the main service times there are soft drinks, coffee/hot choc/tea machine, beer, nibbles and fruits.

The evening offerings when I was there were meatballs and vegetables / potato gratin thing / chocolate ball / mini-fruit tart, then mini-pizza / cooked fish with vegetables / some yoghurt or mousse thing. There was also the hams and cheeses plate and some small savoury bites that you might get as an amuse bouche.

This was sufficient for a meal if, like me, you needed to work the rest of the evening and sleep early enough to have breakfast and leave the hotel by 0645.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just finished another weekend stay here. Upgraded to a large two room suite with a huge bathroom with bath and walk in shower. Food and drink in the Lounge seemed to have improved since our last visit - premium spirits rather than cheap ones and a good selection of hot and cold food which was replenished frequently. Lovely views of the sunset as well.

We choose to have breakfast in the lounge as we are not big breakfast eaters but may try the restaurant when we are back next month.

Overall a very nice stay.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel to Ferry Terminal

Has anyone stayed in Hilton Tallinn before, taken a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki?

The taxi in Tallinn seems to be non-regulated. Lonely Planet said the fare should be no more than 4 to 5 euro. TripAdvisor posters said the taxi is not metered and need to pre-negotiate the price before getting in.

Distance wise it is no more than 3km so rather short. Last time when we spent 2 days in Tallinn we stayed at Radisson Blu Sky. I recalled on either Day 1 or Day 2 we actually wandered far enough to reach the ferry terminal without realizing it first. Radisson Blu Sky is further away from the terminal than Hilton per Google Map.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Has anyone stayed in Hilton Tallinn before, taken a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki?

The taxi in Tallinn seems to be non-regulated. Lonely Planet said the fare should be no more than 4 to 5 euro. TripAdvisor posters said the taxi is not metered and need to pre-negotiate the price before getting in.

Distance wise it is no more than 3km so rather short. Last time when we spent 2 days in Tallinn we stayed at Radisson Blu Sky. I recalled on either Day 1 or Day 2 we actually wandered far enough to reach the ferry terminal without realizing it first. Radisson Blu Sky is further away from the terminal than Hilton per Google Map.
Use tulika or Tallink taksi and you will be safe. Also uber works well there as well...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We have used taxis for last 3 trips to Tallinn and all have been metered. Pick up charge is €3.85 but we have never paid more than €6 for any trip. Wouldn't use Uber if you paid me - just my opinion
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We have used taxis for last 3 trips to Tallinn and all have been metered. Pick up charge is €3.85 but we have never paid more than €6 for any trip. Wouldn't use Uber if you paid me - just my opinion
There are alot of shady taxis in Tallinn, that said there are alot of good ones as well. The two brands I can recommend from PERSONAL experience over many years are TULIKA and TALLINK TAKSO

I have NEVER had a issue with them. Some taksis hae taken me the long way when they assume I do not know my way around.

For instance the taxi fare from TLL-Park inn central was 6,85€ and under was 4€ So both were cheap!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
I took uber for all my trips in Tallinn, worked excellently, very friendly drivers and incredibly cheap ($2.80 from TLL to Hilton).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a Uber user by principle. Just want a reliable taxi to get to the ferry terminal from Hilton. So I can ask the hotel FD to call one of the two "reliable names" mentioned here, and make sure the total fare is agreed upon over the phone call to avoid any "misunderstanding" later on?

3km is not a big deal without bags but worse comes to worst we can certainly walk as all we have are just 20" rollers.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We have never had a problem. Just ask Pietro or one of the other concierge for a taxi. You should be fine

Not a Uber user by principle. Just want a reliable taxi to get to the ferry terminal from Hilton. So I can ask the hotel FD to call one of the two "reliable names" mentioned here, and make sure the total fare is agreed upon over the phone call to avoid any "misunderstanding" later on?

3km is not a big deal without bags but worse comes to worst we can certainly walk as all we have are just 20" rollers.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
Excellent stay at Tallinn Hilton

Hilton Tallinn Park

Map| 7 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Hilton Tallinn Park

FR. R. KREUTZWALDI 23 Tallinn, EE 10147

Excellent stay at Tallinn Hilton (6 Photos)

Hilton Tallinn Park

I wanted to visit this new Hilton hotel and what would be better time than celebrate my wifes birthday! It was mid-March when we had our 2-night stay there. And no regrets! 
I booked a standard room, but we were upgraded to an executive-room because of my Hilton status. Nice touch was pre-arrival email, which we received 3-4 days before the arrival. Thanks to that, I booked a private car for pick-up from the harbor. Driver was good, and we had a flawless ride to he hotel. And it was only 18€ /way...!

We wanted to visit the Spa and have some treatments there, but it was totally fully booked when I tried to reserve times 3 days before. So no luck. But we went to sauna and pool, and that was relaxing too. During summertime there is a nice terrace attached to the Spa-area.
Only minus during our stay was a fire alarm during first night. The hotel was evacuated to the streets and lobby. Unfortunately no information was given neither any apology for the guests next day. Luckily it was not any danger situation.
All in all, very Happy with our stay, and will go again, probably with our kids too.

Check In

Check in was at the executive lounge with bubbles and juice. The lounge was on top floor with great views to the city. There were refreshments throughout the day, and happy hour with drinks and snacks in the evening. Also continental breakfast, but we didn't go there. 

Room

We booked a standard King, but were upgraded to the executive King. Our room was on top floor, same as where the executive lounge was. 

IMG_6770.JPGIMG_6768.JPGIMG_6772.JPGIMG_6771.JPGIMG_6767.JPGRoom was spacious with nice and modern decor. Big bathroom, with separate toilet, shower and bath. Large panorama windows and views over a small park and the city and sea. 

Dining

We dined first evening at the hotel, and were satisfied with the food. Price was quite similar than in Finland, so expensive in Tallinn-wise. Very popular restaurant, especially among younger people. We had a reservation there, but had to wait 10 minutes for the table. They offered us complimentary proseccos for the waiting time. 

First morning we had breakfast from the room service, which was good idea. Very prompt delivery, and rich continental breakfast. Second morning we went to the restaurant. Good selection with omelette station and fresh pressed juices available. 

From the restaurant you have a good view over the park in Front of the hotel.

IMG_6778.JPG

Service

The service was excellent and happy throughout our stay! Young and polite people everywhere. Very exceptionall considering that we were in Estonia. Far from the normal Estonian service.. :) 

Also, when I had some special requests for my wifes birthdaysurprise, the concierge handled those with good manners.

Excellent stay at Tallinn Hilton

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Tallinn Park?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Originally Posted by LassiJ
NOTE! to all of the Gold and Diamond members here.
It seems Hilton Tallinn Park does not offer any more a complimentary full breakfast in the Able Butcher restaurant but only the more limited selection in the lounge. To have the breakfast on the 2nd floor one must pay the full fee for the breakfast or book with a rate including the breakfast.
Stayed there again last night and good news!
Seems the management got a good number of complaints from Gold & Diamond members after the policy change in Jan and the great breakfast in the Able Butcher in 2nd floor is complimentary again for both ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.