Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cash & Points: All Points rate have cash component?!?!

Old Mar 3, 17, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum

An award booking I just made is showing up as money(full amount) + points, and Hilton claims that this is a known issue caused by the new reservation system.

I was told it would be fixed asap, reflecting the correct amount for the reservation. Did anyone run into the same issue?

EDIT: My thread was merged with someone else's. I'm not the OP and I DO NOT think this is a scam.

EDIT 2: I ended up having to cancel my original booking to free up points for another hotel, and the system seems to be fixed now, no long seeing cash component attached to all points bookings.

Last edited by Mintycat; Mar 6, 17 at 2:23 am Reason: Updated on situation
Old Mar 3, 17, 10:41 pm

Hilton Cash & Points Scam: All Points rate have cash component?!?!

This is ridiculous, I just tested a booking using all points, and AFTER booking (not in the final checkout screen), there is a cash component for what looks like the FULL PRICE of the room.

Is anyone seeing this?

Last edited by Rommie2k6; Mar 3, 17 at 11:02 pm
Old Mar 3, 17, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

They said it's a bug due to the new system update so it will be fixed soon. I was surprised to see the full amount cash + full amount points on my all points booking as well.
Old Mar 4, 17, 8:09 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, IHG Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest, BT Vip
I do not see any problem. Book using points and when proceeding to payment page, there is a handy slider to adjust the price.

Made half a dozen reservations for coming spring in London, UK, and got rooms for 150 + 8000 to 20000 points instead of 250 to 300 per night. Points well spent, as the upper limit of reimbursement from my employer is around 160 per night!

However, I do remember time when similar rooms could be booked for 20 to 30 + 20000 to 30000 points a night.
Old Mar 4, 17, 8:35 am

Was it necessary to use 'scam' in your thread title, even as you said Hilton informed you there was an issue?
Old Mar 4, 17, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole View Post
Was it necessary to use 'scam' in your thread title, even as you said Hilton informed you there was an issue?
My original thread "reservation bug" was somehow merged with Rommie2k6, showing me as the OP. I'm not the one who made this title.
Old Mar 4, 17, 3:16 pm

have no issue here. booked 5 night stay in LA yesterday. all payed with points. got 27000 points pr night + 1 night free (im gold). payed tottal of 110000 points. no cash.
the point rate on this hotel have always been 40.000 a night, Now it was reduced to 27000 pr night on the dates im traveling. YaY Hilton. What a bargain.
110.000 points for 5 nights at Hilton Anaheim.
Old Mar 4, 17, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; KLM Flying Blue Gold; IHG Spire Elite; Hilton Honors Diamond
I had three reward reservations coming up in May/June/July: all made early February. After the 1st of March all three changed and showed up with the added cash price on top of points (these were all full reward reservation).
I sent to the Diamond Desk the original booking email and they acknowledged the mistake. However, I was able to cancel and book again as I had a better deal for rewards reservation (HGI Hong Kong, Hilton Sydney and Hilton Singapore). Overall very happy with the recent changes.
Old Mar 4, 17, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
Sorry for the mixup

Didn't notice the "scam" phrasing until after I merged the threads. Thanks Mintycat for pointing it out.

Squeakr
Co Moderator HH
Old Mar 5, 17, 12:28 am

I can't even see the slider. HHonors seems to be down again, for the second straight weekend at least.
Old Mar 5, 17, 12:48 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
They are either having massive bugs or their matrix is going all War Games on us.

Had 1 night at the HGI in El Segundo/LAX booked for 35,000 points a few days ago. I looked again yesterday, and the Hilton LAX was only 36,000 points when it was previously unavailable. So I canceled the HGI and rebooked the Hilton. Today I looked, and the HI in El Segundo is 25,000 points. I know for a fact that it was 35,000 yesterday because I scoffed at staying there instead of ponying up an extra 1,000 points for the Hilton. So I canceled the Hilton and rebooked to save the 11,000 points.

Truth of the matter is, I don't care where I stay as this is a throwaway hotel to catch my flight and I just need a clean place with an airport shuttle. It's just odd that the points have been jumping up and down depending on when you look. Perhaps the HI went on sale yesterday? This is a Sept. booking, so it's unlikely. I've rebooked several other held reservations and think I regained something like 40,000 extra points with the new rates. Can't complain about that.

Had the same issue as the OP. I logged out, and then back in, and the issue went away.
Old Mar 5, 17, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
Didn't notice the "scam" phrasing until after I merged the threads. Thanks Mintycat for pointing it out.

Squeakr
Co Moderator HH
Thank you for updating it.

Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post

Had the same issue as the OP. I logged out, and then back in, and the issue went away.
Mine still shows the cash component, luckily this is a reservation way in the future so I guess I'll just wait and see.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: