Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2001, 2:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thebrucker:
I have had unbelievable experiences at the doubletree suites. I am always upgraded before I even check in. Very NICe.</font>
i have a stay there the first week of nov. could you detail which rooms have the best views? they tell me i have a "premium view" but dont know what that means...

Old Oct 24, 2001, 3:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by homey:
...they tell me i have a "premium view" but dont know what that means...

</font>
Premium view probably means that you have a view of Lake Michigan, though it will be between and over a few intervening buildings. (Actually, the view is quite nice.)

The hotel location is great, and my experience with the staff has been extremely good. However, the lobby and check-in areas are very small, and I've had to cool my heels on more than 1 occasion checking in (HH Gold).
Old Jan 4, 2002, 6:55 am

Good prices for Hilton in Chicago area 10-11/1, where to look

I am flying to Chicago on thursday the 10th of January. Since I am a Hilton Gold VIP I would prefer to stay at an Hilton hotel of some kind. Last week when I was checking rates I saw the Hampton Inn and Doubletree at ORD for around 89$, now nothing is available for under 129$. Do you guys have any ideas where to look?

I am staying at the Homewood Suites in Washington from the 11th to the 13th of Jan and there I only pay 79$ per night.
Old Jan 4, 2002, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Kempis, you're probably not going to do much better than that. I checked for you at the Garden Inn in Hoffman Estates - about 30 miles from downtown, but close to the airport and even it was $149. I've seen rates as low as $59 there in the past. If there is a convention in town, it can be very difficult to get anything at a reasonable rate. Good Luck to you.

------------------
Jeff
Old Jan 4, 2002, 8:21 am

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
kempis,
Where will you need to be in Chicago? Will you need to be downtown, or somewhere in the suburbs? this would help in trying to suggest something.

I just checked the Doubletree Guest Suites in Glenview, which is just north of O'Hare on Interstate 294, and it is available for $89 for the night of 1/10.

------------------
Never put off till tomorrow the flight you can take today.

[This message has been edited by zipual (edited 01-04-2002).]
Old Jan 4, 2002, 9:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zipual:
kempis,
Where will you need to be in Chicago? Will you need to be downtown, or somewhere in the suburbs? this would help in trying to suggest something.

I just checked the Doubletree Guest Suites in Glenview, which is just north of O'Hare on Interstate 294, and it is available for $89 for the night of 1/10.

</font>
I will leave Chicago early in the morning on the 11th so I guess a property around ORD would be the best. Thanx for the info about the Doubletree. I will check it out

I will arrive in Chicago around 1PM with SK and our goal with Chicago is to see a hockeygame in the United Center and then head back to the hotel and catch the flight next morning to DCA.

[This message has been edited by kempis (edited 01-04-2002).]
Old Jan 5, 2002, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Do Hiltons give stay/point credit for Travelocity Good Buys?

The Doubletree in Glenview isn't going to work if you're going to the United Center for a Blackhawks game, the $20 savings over a downtown property will get eaten up pretty quickly trying to get to the property from the UC late at night.

Depending on whether you want the CTA ride in the evening or the morning, the Homewood Suites downtown has a $109 rate, and the Doubletree Club Park Ridge has a $104 rate. If its airport shuttle isn't 24 hours, the latter property is less than a $6 cab ride from the River Road CTA stop. Most importantly, it has a Krispy Kreme donut shop across the street...

If the points are not critical, I'd consider doing a priceline bid if the winning bids at www.biddingfortravel.com show a chance of getting the on-site O'Hare Hilton for under $40. You'd still get credit for a stay.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 10:12 am

I have just booked the Hampton Inn O'Hare Airport for 89$. Thanx for all the tips so far.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 10:30 am

Useful site for visitors to Chicago -
www.877chicago.com
Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:09 am

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Kempis,

If this is the Hampton Inn on Busse, you may want to rethink your stay. This is a very old and dated property in a very industrial area. Right off of the Northwest Tollway, and very loud. If this is the one on Mannheim, it is rather dated as well, however closer to both the airport and UC. If you will have a rental car, I still say the Doubletree Suites in Glenview would be a better choice. The DT is a little further from the airport and from the UC, however a much better value for the money.

Just my 2 cents worth.

------------------
Never put off till tomorrow the flight you can take today.

[This message has been edited by zipual (edited 01-07-2002).]
Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:54 am

Thanx Zipul.

I will stay at the one at Mannheim Road. I will not have any rental car since we will only stay in the Chicago area for one day. If I am not satisfied with the stay I might use the Hampton 100% Satisfaction guarantee

"We guarantee high quality accommodations, friendly and efficient service, and clean, comfortable surroundings. If you're not completely satisfied, we don't expect you to pay"
Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
You should not have any trouble getting tickets to the Blackhawks game. They are playing the "always dangerous" Columbus Blue Jackets, so the crowds should be pretty sparse on a Thursday night.

I'm going to miss you by a few hours - that Hampton uses the same shuttle bus as I do for my long term parking, the Thrifty Car Rental bus, but I'm not getting in until 8pm. You pick it up at the Shuttle Bus center which is in the first floor of the big garage between terminals 1-2-3 across the street from the Hilton. From any of those terminals, follow the red signs, from T5 take the little train to T3 first.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood
Try the Doubletree Northwest/Schaumburg, 920 E. Northwest Highway (12 miles from ORD) - $71.10/night!
Old Jan 9, 2002, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Its too late, now, of course, but I think the Hawks are selling out again. It helps to have a good team.
Old Jan 9, 2002, 1:39 pm

I already have tickets for the Blackhawks game tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it.

Lets hop that the Hampton Inn O'Hare Airport will be nice as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.