Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2001, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I'm not familiar with Homewood but the Garden Inn is nice. If its location you are concerned about, Embassey Suites, Homewood Suites, Hampton and HGI are all within about two blocks of each other.
Old May 24, 2001, 10:39 am

I havn't been in the Homewood Suites, but I was impressed with the Garden Inn. It seems to be step above the other Garden Inns I've stayed at (concierge desk among other things).
Old May 24, 2001, 8:01 pm

Has anyone had success upgrading at the garden INN
Old May 26, 2001, 9:24 pm

Typically the HGIs have little difference from room to room (maybe an extra 50 sq ft) and a sofa instead of a chair. I'd take the Homewood whenever I could; last time the upgrade was to a two-bedroom with the conventional living space and kitchenette.
Old May 27, 2001, 7:35 am
Original Member

I have stayed in both many times this year. Yes, the HGI has nice rooms, but not much to upgrade to. Some HGI properties have a couple of suites, but I have never been upgraded to one. OTOH, Homewood is all suites/1 bedroom/2 bedroom, separate bedroom(s)/bathroom(s) and living/dining/kitchen (some with living/dining and separate kitchen). If I had the choice, Homewood would win, hands down, because I like the spaciousness (as compared to a normal HGI room).
Old May 27, 2001, 3:59 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I stayed at my first Homewood Suites about 9 months ago. Since then I always look first for a Homewood Suites what ever city I'm traveling. They just have a very nice set-up. A real two room apartment with a full refrig and a comp dinner and breakfast that ranges from ok to excellent.
Old Oct 6, 2001, 4:01 am

Any recommendations - Chicago Hilton/Hampton Inn/EmbassySuites

Hi,

I am visiting Chicago for the first time. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Alka
Old Oct 6, 2001, 6:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA Gold, UAL Prem
If you are using points, there is a new Embassy Suites in downtown Chicago. It is suppose to be one of the best hotels and has a lot of amenities on site. Any of the downtown Hilton properties will put you in a good position to shop, see museums, movies, etc. Write back if you have more specific questions. There may be some deals if you are paying for rooms as the Mayor is trying to increase tourism in the city. Let me know if you have more specific questions.
Old Oct 6, 2001, 6:30 am

My current reservation is at the Embassy suites. I am planning to use points - so it's good to know the hotel is good.

I heard the Hampton inn has a better view - but I would rather have easy access to local tourist and dining areas. I also like larger sized rooms.

I just wanted to avoid experiences like Hyatt in NYC - that hotel was so bad - but expensive.

thanks
Old Oct 6, 2001, 7:01 am

The Embassy Suites is wonderful for location and room size. It's just behind the Hancock Building, a short block from N Michigan. Chicago is a fantastic city to explore and walk around, and the Embassy Suites location is as good as it gets for location.

The hotel does have one or two drawbacks: The lobby is very small, the HHonors desk is often unmanned, and check-in is not always quick. Also, if you have a car, only valet parking is available (no self-park).
Old Oct 6, 2001, 8:18 am

Embassy Suites.
Right now,there are also some great deals with Priceline. You might want to save some money and spend it on some of Chicago's great restaurants.
Old Oct 7, 2001, 6:42 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
IMO the DRAKE has the best views of Chicago
for the Hilton Hotels, above 3rd floor North facing rooms are great.

Second for Hilton views would be the tower if you get an above 4th floor facing due east to the Lake.
Old Oct 7, 2001, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Premier Platinum
I will be staying at the downtown Chicago Homewood Suites next week. Can anybody comment on that property relative to the DT Embassy Suites or Palmer House Hilton.

Thanks,
Doug
Old Oct 21, 2001, 8:51 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Best Hilton in Chicago

Hi.
I've a business trip coming up to Chicago.
What is the best hotel to stay in?
I will be working close to the financial district (near the Sears Tower).

Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2001, 12:12 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Two Hilton choices, Palmer House or Chicago Hilton. both are about the same commute wise
in a taxi.

Palmer being much better if walking. Also closer to restaurants when walking than Chicago Hilton.

Are you Hilton elite? some FT dislike the old , small rooms at the Palmer. I don't mind, but then I have always received an upgrade.

I like the lake views that the Chicago Hilton provides though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.