Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by MikeFreebie
i'm at the resort now, and was offered a 'free limousine ride' to the local restaurant. I have not taken the offer, but I believe it exists.

R301 is fantastic, as is everything about the resort except the beach they take you to by boat.

It's a joke. It's a public beach, but there are no facilities - no chairs, no umbrellas, nothing. They set everyone up on mats under a tree. The beach isnt maintained, and the water is very shallow. I would pass on this and just be happy with the beach at the resort, rocky as it may be.

I plan to snorkel there later today and will update.
I see that the Conrad Koh Samui has a few different room categories but I can't figure out what is actually different between the rooms. Is 301 a standard (award type) room? Has anyone ever had any luck paying extra $ to upgrade to a superior room type or a 2bedroom unit in their residences?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DutchRyan
I see that the Conrad Koh Samui has a few different room categories but I can't figure out what is actually different between the rooms. Is 301 a standard (award type) room? Has anyone ever had any luck paying extra $ to upgrade to a superior room type or a 2bedroom unit in their residences?
When I checked in yesterday, I was upgraded to an Ocean View Retreat Villa (Room 301) because of my Diamond Status. I am still not sure the difference.

This resort reminds me of IC Danang getting around on a buggy along the cliff. While this hotel is very nice, the ambiance brings a great memory at Hilton Seychelles with active programs and Manager's cocktail evening and etc.

There are signs at 15 km, approximately 5 km, 3 km, etc. before hotel on the roads. Driving is not as bad as I thought (as long as I am on the right side, LEFT). Using a SIM 7-day tourist SIM at 100 baht, which comes with unlimited data that allows me to use GPS, etc. Slow but it works.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by wyoon
When I checked in yesterday, I was upgraded to an Ocean View Retreat Villa (Room 301) because of my Diamond Status. I am still not sure the difference.
There is no such thing as "upgrade" at CKS since all rooms are essentially the same with different views and levels. As a diamond member, you will be mostly likely guaranteed your room preference (e.g., 100 level or 300 level).
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
There is no such thing as "upgrade" at CKS since all rooms are essentially the same with different views and levels. As a diamond member, you will be mostly likely guaranteed your room preference (e.g., 100 level or 300 level).
So then every room is equipped with Bose and Apple TV? Bummer! Should have asked for 100 series then. :-)

At least got a free birthday cake than others didn't. They really know how to make me fat with macarons and chocochip cookies, and chocolate cake.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:44 pm

So then every room is equipped with Bose and Apple TV? Bummer! Should have asked for 100 series then. :-)

At least got a free birthday cake than others didn't. They really know how to make me fat with macarons and chocochip cookies, and chocolate cake.

You are right...I forgot that and Ipad...but at this hotel, I could care less about Apple products.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
You are right...I forgot that and Ipad...but at this hotel, I could care less about Apple products.
It was a nice touch that the head chef came around and checked with guests. Initially I thought that was the GM. In fact, I'm using their iPad now while I'm charging my MAcBook Air and iPhone. :-) I guess I heavily rely on Apple products even when I'm away from home. :-)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: -
Room request

I saw some people mentioning they like 300 and 100 level, can someone tell me advantages/disadvantages of each.

Will be staying there for my girlfriends birthday, and am a Gold member, so imagine that they would accommodate a room request.

Thank you!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by jfkcnf
I saw some people mentioning they like 300 and 100 level, can someone tell me advantages/disadvantages of each.

Will be staying there for my girlfriends birthday, and am a Gold member, so imagine that they would accommodate a room request.

Thank you!
I am still not sure what the real advantages of 100 and 300 levels yet. The only thing I can tell you is that they provide you with an iPad, Apple TV, etc. as a gold, you will get a villa in one of those levels based on my observation. Also call HHonors ahead to note down your gf's birthday. They will bring you a cake and sing it for you. Apparently I was away, they left a birthday yesterday in the villa.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:27 am

I am still not sure what the real advantages of 100 and 300 levels yet. The only thing I can tell you is that they provide you with an iPad, Apple TV, etc. as a gold, you will get a villa in one of those levels based on my observation. Also call HHonors ahead to note down your gf's birthday. They will bring you a cake and sing it for you. Apparently I was away, they left a birthday yesterday in the villa.
While 300 level provides a supreme view of Anthong national marine park, 100 level offers a beachfront access (well, IMHO, there is no beach at CKS). Plus, 300 level is the highest level you may request from CKS since 400+ level are for residences.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:52 pm

I would like to ask people's opinion of what villa's would be their recommended ones to stay at? Thankyou in adance.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Paul6555
I would like to ask people's opinion of what villa's would be their recommended ones to stay at? Thankyou in adance.
301 and 316 are far end. 306 to 316 are on the same side as the breakfast restaurant Zest. 301 to 305 are the other hand. I can walk but some people prefer taking a buggy.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:06 am

301 and 316 are far end. 306 to 316 are on the same side as the breakfast restaurant Zest. 301 to 305 are the other hand. I can walk but some people prefer taking a buggy.
I stayed in 305. Only have one villa to your right. View to your left is of the pool, Zest, etc. Can walk to Zest and the gym. 304 right next to it is raised higher than the others in that row (301-305), which should/would also increase privacy.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:22 am

If you want a nice straight-on view of the Five Islands, I'd recommend something on the left side of this map. I stayed in 308 (requested 306-310) and it was just perfect. I particularly appreciated being close enough to Zest to "easily" walk to breakfast, pool, gym and beach without a buggy. Conrad Property Map

If you'd like further feedback on rooms, there's a healthy bit of "Room Tips" on the Conrad Koh Samui TripAdvisor page.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Silver
We stayed at 218 and it was 3-5 minute walk to breakfast and the resort pool, on the same level. It had an iPad, Mac Mini (I don't think apple TVs don't come with a DVD drive?), and surround sound speaker system. The views were stunning and you could still hear the ocean waves. You could see down to the 100-level villas, just as I'm sure the 300-level villas could see down to us. Plenty of privacy nonetheless.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:29 pm

Conrad Koh Samui Resort and Spa

Last night 4 Flyertalk members got together and had a few drinks. We understood that there are a few more FT members currently staying at the property. Nice place!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.