Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TrAAveller
There's no real difference other than the location within the property (and those can be minor preferences at best) - they all have king beds, all have water from pools and all have spectacular unobstructed ocean views.
Thx.

Assuming you're right then what is my incentive to book a better and more expensive pool villa?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by olisch
Thx.

Assuming you're right then what is my incentive to book a better and more expensive pool villa?
If I remember right, Ocean Retreat Villas have upgraded entertainment systems (iPads, Bose sound systems and a box of board games). And are on the 300 level, IMHO one of the better levels.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by StephenW
Does anyone happen to have an updated contact number for The Island View Restaurant? I personally tried and had the concierge try the mobile number listed on Tripadvisor tonight, with no luck. The concierge mentioned that the mobile number seems to be disconnected and offered to book a reservation for me at the Five Islands Restaurant. Needless to say, I passed on that given the transfer amount.

Tripadvisor link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Province.html
Anyone? I am interestd too. Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by slariz
If I remember right, Ocean Retreat Villas have upgraded entertainment systems (iPads, Bose sound systems and a box of board games). And are on the 300 level, IMHO one of the better levels.
If that is the case, I just booked the lowest rate room on a base reward and received the 300 level room with the iPad, Bose speakers and box of games. Nice touches, but these rooms are accessible upon request for Gold or Diamond members.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:44 pm

The Island View Restaurant - 7km

Originally Posted by Kraut
Anyone? I am interestd too. Thanks
Concierge was able to reserve dinner at The Island View just 2 nights ago. Excellent food, super prices, fantastic beachside dining and just 13 minute (7km) easy drive from the Conrad. They even gave us paper wish lanterns we fired up and launched on the beach--really magical. The best part is the Conrad always seamlessly transfers us by buggy from our villa to the top of the hill to our rental car that is started and waiting for us--great experience. Driving in Samui is really quite easy since Google maps works smoothly.

The brochure I got at the restaurant lists this contact info:

The Island View Restaurant
Reservation/: 077-426-422
Mobile: 0 935-758-209
Open: 11a-9p
Email: [email protected]

Don't forget there's super prices for massage right on the beach here too.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
So if you're in 316 on the 22nd of January, you look pretty good naked. Just saying...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
So if you're in 316 on the 22nd of January, you look pretty good naked. Just saying...
hahaha!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
There are two people in 316. You have a preference?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There are two people in 316. You have a preference?
Lol. I will say I only saw a woman. Nothing to be shy about! I'm in a 2 bedroom with my gf and another friend.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by StephenW
Sorry, but nobody has a crystal ball. As I mentioned, Koh Samui is so far removed from the protests that you're not going to be affected unless your transit to USM through BKK is. If you truly want to play it safe and make a longer vacation of it, you can always book a direct flight to USM direct from HKG (or wherever else there are direct flights to USM).
Can you get a direct flight to HKG from USM? Wouldn't the aircraft be too large to land at USM?

I know Bangkok Airways fly direct to and from SIN, not sure about other origins.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:36 pm

Bangkok Airways flies daily (and on certain days twice daily) between USM/HKG. They use the Airbus 319s that have the business class layout.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nzed
Bangkok Airways flies daily (and on certain days twice daily) between USM/HKG. They use the Airbus 319s that have the business class layout.
Thanks, I didn't know that. Are they direct and non-stop?

We are heading to the CKS over Easter and heading via HKG (as we don't want to fly the 3 class to BKK with BA). A direct flight to CKS at least one way would be helpful, we had thought about switching to SIN but I suspect Mrs LoM would prefer to catch up with family in BKK in at least one direction if possible.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:39 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Thanks, I didn't know that. Are they direct and non-stop?
Yes they are nonstops. And USM airport is really cute!

There is also a Bangkok Air lounge (although small) but quite respectable. Free wifi, and even a limited cooked to order menu, in addition to some sandwiches and pastries in the buffet section. Not quite CCR, but the duck with noodles I had a few weeks back was quite decent. And not overcooked.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Been staying here at Conrad for 2 days. What a magnificent resort! You know you're at the right place when your expectations are set so high to begin with, and yet the reality does not let you down. Requested and received a 3xx villa, too.

Pure heaven, although I'm happy I rented a car, as the evenings are really boring here, especially since I'm traveling alone in the name of research, LOL. Driving on the "wrong" side of the road is fun too, and Lamai Beach has a lively scenery with some dirt cheap restaurants and mandatory sleeze thrown around for good measure.

Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Yes they are nonstops. And USM airport is really cute!

There is also a Bangkok Air lounge (although small) but quite respectable. Free wifi, and even a limited cooked to order menu, in addition to some sandwiches and pastries in the buffet section. Not quite CCR, but the duck with noodles I had a few weeks back was quite decent. And not overcooked.
I have been to USM airport several times so am familiar with the Bangkok Air operation there, just always going to or from BKK or UTP. I don't remember the cooked to order offerings though, thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.