Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by sailanacra
We will be at the CKS in early January for a week before we head to the Conrad Maldives. Since there is a weight limit for the sea planes going to the Conrad Maldives, we didn't want to bring clothes for a 18 day trip as our luggage will be very heavy.

Is there a place to do laundry at the CKS, or a place that can wash clothes without paying the super high laundry rates at a hotel? Do you think Mr. Samui knows of a place that we can drop off clothes on a day tour and pick them up at the conclusion of the day?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sail a Nacra

We used a place about one kilometer past the Green Talay. They did a good job with our clothes and the price was very reasonable. I do not remember what I paid but it was more like a local Thailand price not a CKS price.

I dropped the clothes off one afternoon and picked them up the next morning. They were clean and they pressed everything as well. It is just a house on the road with a sign that says 'Laundry'.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by itchief
We used a place about one kilometer past the Green Talay. They did a good job with our clothes and the price was very reasonable. I do not remember what I paid but it was more like a local Thailand price not a CKS price.

I dropped the clothes off one afternoon and picked them up the next morning. They were clean and they pressed everything as well. It is just a house on the road with a sign that says 'Laundry'.

Thanks...if we use this place I will try to remember to post prices/experience

SAN
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
I'll be visiting CKS in a couple of weeks. What's the mosquito situation there at that time?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:02 am

Conrad Koh Samui Resort and Spa

Hi andreiz,

i would say almost none. I was bitten at the first nite once, my gf twice. Other than that, nothing. I have some anti mosquito liquid, but used it only the first 2 nights. At the in-property restaurants we were always offered anti-mosquito Spray by the staff, which i did not use. Still i appreciate that they are proactive and offered it!
Let me know if you want to know anything else. I will write a short summary in a week.
Up to now i would say, it is an excellent place to be. The Villas, views and almost everything is way better than i expected..
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sailanacra
Is there a place to do laundry at the CKS, or a place that can wash clothes without paying the super high laundry rates at a hotel? Do you think Mr. Samui knows of a place that we can drop off clothes on a day tour and pick them up at the conclusion of the day?
There is a place right before the left turn into the road leading up to CKS. The sign says AEMJAI Apartment. I think it was 60bht a kilo?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
What is the email address to use for requesting a specific villa? My reservation has an email for CKS, but not sure if that's the right one.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
[email protected]
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:52 pm

pursue diamond status?

I will be staying at the CKS for a few nights in March '14. Is the incremental value from gold to diamond HHonors worth pursuing? It will be met via CC spending, not MR. Thank you for your insight!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Deking
I will be staying at the CKS for a few nights in March '14. Is the incremental value from gold to diamond HHonors worth pursuing?
No.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Cash & Points?

Does this property ever offer cash and points stays?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Does this property ever offer cash and points stays?
Yes, it does.

We stayed back in January with a fantastic c+p rate. IIRC it was 25.000 points + aprox 2600 thb.

It was pre-deval.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by more4less
Yes, it does.

We stayed back in January with a fantastic c+p rate. IIRC it was 25.000 points + aprox 2600 thb.

It was pre-deval.
Oh my gosh I would kill for that rate. Sure beats 95,000 points or 20,000 thb per night. In any event, thanks for the response. I will keep watching.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:45 am

Conrad Koh Samui Resort and Spa

Hi Kacee,

I stayed 2 weeks back and extended my stay by one day using cash+points. I was there for 5 days on the pre-deval 65k rate and on second day i was able to book for 65K points plus approx 150us dollars.
At that time i had heard from staff the the Hotel was full only at 40% capacity. So i believe it depends on how many rooms are sold.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
We will be heading to Koh Samui next week and are looking for some help re: a rental car question. Several people mention up-thread that it can be arranged for the rental car to be delivered to the property, but I'm not sure how to arrange this or which rental companies do so. We would like to arrange a driver from the airport to the hotel, have a car delivered the next day, and then return it to the airport when we leave. Is this possible? Our preferred car rental companies are Hertz and Avis. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; United Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jemmazee
We will be heading to Koh Samui next week and are looking for some help re: a rental car question. Several people mention up-thread that it can be arranged for the rental car to be delivered to the property, but I'm not sure how to arrange this or which rental companies do so. We would like to arrange a driver from the airport to the hotel, have a car delivered the next day, and then return it to the airport when we leave. Is this possible? Our preferred car rental companies are Hertz and Avis. Thanks in advance.
I found another company Samuiislandexplorer.com who is charging 850 baht from the airport to the hotel and 750 baht from the hotel to the airport. They also offer much more reasonable rates than Mr. Samui from the wiki above. Their island tours and other tours are much cheaper as well.

We arrive there on the 2nd. Hopefully, we'll see you there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.