Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Hey folks, I'm having trouble applying any and all codes to the two Hilton properties in Phuket. Any ideas as to whether there are any specific codes for that part of the world?

I'm trying to get my company's corporate account number at the same time (travel department hasn't replied yet) but by trialling a couple of other corporate numbers, that didn't produce a discount either.

Am I missing something?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
Hey folks, I'm having trouble applying any and all codes to the two Hilton properties in Phuket. Any ideas as to whether there are any specific codes for that part of the world?

I'm trying to get my company's corporate account number at the same time (travel department hasn't replied yet) but by trialling a couple of other corporate numbers, that didn't produce a discount either.

Am I missing something?
Well you don't provide any personal info on left hand column, but lets assume this is a vacation booking, your company has no Thai presence etc. The following can then apply

a)If not in a business location (which Phuket is not), and if like some hotels not offering company discount on personal (read leisure) stays I can see some resort hotels not participsating in any local company discount schemes, let alone the discount scheme for worldwide company schemes.

b)Even if hotel does allow company discounts, that would be to a restricted number of rooms, which once booked on company codes means no more available.

c) Extending point(a) it could be only companies with a Thai presence get coroprate discounts at this hotel (assuming many corporate codes are valid)

However PR13CB will work in Phuket reducing rate for Arcadia, the DT is lowest priced already. Of course then no longer flex pay on arrival like corp codes, but then again tou can't get best of both worlds price and cancelation.

I tried two corporate codes I know I can use in Thailand that have Thai presence and prices increased for both Arcadia and DT when I plugged in Corporate codes, of which both valid for DT, and one valid for Arcadia.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I think you are not using the correct codes.
Each company usually has 3 different codes, that usually apply to different locations and chains.

Gold Medal Rate for example works in its
D000030070 version from Nov5-7.

If you have a few nights planned there, I would have a look at Hilton Premium Club Thailand, that seems to offer good VFM.

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos

Am I missing something?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
I think you are not using the correct codes.
If you have a few nights planned there, I would have a look at Hilton Premium Club Thailand, that seems to offer good VFM.
Agreed on the Hilton Premium Club. The membership is recognized at Hilton properties in China & Malaysia as well.

Apart from room vouchers, there's the 25%-50% discount on any F&B (including alcohol) bought from any of the hotel's restaurants.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
I think the glory days of PR13CB are over, really haven't been having much joy recently- anyone found similar?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
I think the glory days of PR13CB are over, really haven't been having much joy recently- anyone found similar?
Not really.

I'm still using that for some of the Hilton properties in Asia.
Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Tokyo to name a few.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by RCTP
Not really.

I'm still using that for some of the Hilton properties in Asia.
Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Tokyo to name a few.
Have never worked for me in KL, how far in advance did you select the dates ?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:11 pm

Is anyone using IBM or Accenture code in Hilton Osaka? Did they check ID?
I found the discount is amazing.

Last edited by Shinwar; Oct 3, 2014 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Shinwar
12000 yen against BAR 22000 yen
If you are eligible to use one of those codes, you shouldn't be worried as you would have a proof of eligibility.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
If they do, it will probably be thanks to posts like this. I am definitely not of the this-is-all-unethical-persuasion but it would be nice to see posters show some restraint by considering the potential effect of their posts before posting.
FT is a widely read forum and giving publicity to, or actually promoting, some specific corporate rates is definitely not gonna benefit anyone in the long run.

Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
Have never worked for me in KL, how far in advance did you select the dates ?
Usually about 3 to 4 weeks in advance. most recent stay in June earlier this year.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
If they do, it will probably be thanks to posts like this. I am definitely not of the this-is-all-unethical-persuasion but it would be nice to see posters show some restraint by considering the potential effect of their posts before posting.
FT is a widely read forum and giving publicity to, or actually promoting, some specific corporate rates is definitely not gonna benefit anyone in the long run.
Also, sometimes these corporate rates are capacity controlled and after a certain number of rooms per night have been reached, no others for that code are allowed at that property. It is not right for someone who is not eligible to use the rate to make a reservation using the corporate code and then an eligible employee to be denied making a reservation on the same date(s) because the number of rooms set aside for that date(s) has been reached.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:18 am

Open bar on LRA then :-)

Originally Posted by controller1
Also, sometimes these corporate rates are capacity controlled and after a certain number of rooms per night have been reached, no others for that code are allowed at that property. It is not right for someone who is not eligible to use the rate to make a reservation using the corporate code and then an eligible employee to be denied making a reservation on the same date(s) because the number of rooms set aside for that date(s) has been reached.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:39 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
That brings to mind just why are there such things a corporate codes if not to steer business to a hotel chain?

Being that us posters on FT are somewhat like minded as well as travel educated can't we get Hilton to generate a secret handshake code just for us? Heck we probably have way more economic muscle behind us relative to hotel stays than most big companies.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I like it! ^

Erin?

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
That brings to mind just why are there such things a corporate codes if not to steer business to a hotel chain?

Being that us posters on FT are somewhat like minded as well as travel educated can't we get Hilton to generate a secret handshake code just for us? Heck we probably have way more economic muscle behind us relative to hotel stays than most big companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.