Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC Altitude 50K, AC 1 million + Miles, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Executive Elite
Any working codes for Amsterdam

Have tried the usual codes for an Oct.25-28 stay. The Hilton, Doubletree and WA rates for the inner city are crazy expensive.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Sisosig
This is what it says on my (German language) Corporate Benefits page:
That is fine that YOUR company says that. But that does not obligate Hilton to it in any way. Hilton wants people to use their codes if they are associated with it. YMMV
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
If using codes like PR13CB would it affect room upgrade eligibility for Gold members? Just looking out for any caveats in case it means I'd lose benefits/no points for a discounted rate.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
That is fine that YOUR company says that. But that does not obligate Hilton to it in any way. Hilton wants people to use their codes if they are associated with it. YMMV
The quotes came from the official "Corporate Benefits" website (which has a different name in the German language). It offers a generic employee purchase platform, and has a generic website. Just the starting/login page reflects your own company. For example it would be like ibm.<website.name>, lufthansa.<website.name>, mercedes.<website.name>, shell.<website.name> etc.

The conditions for using the CB/Hitlon code (which is dead now in Europe) are equal for every participant: use it for private trips and do not disclose it.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:16 am

Everyone here is an adult.
I'm a retired district court judge, former prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and Assistant US Attorney. I've practiced law for four decades. I've never seen (or heard) of ONE person being prosecuted for using ANY hotel discount code. That doesn't mean somewhere, some person was unlucky. It does mean, that its likely to have never happened, given the volume of real crimes being committed every hour in the USA.

Bottom line, we are all free to choose. Frankly, what others do is no business of the the sanctimonious preachers among us.

Happy and safe travels to all.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:23 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by IH8BIZTRAVEL
Everyone here is an adult.
I'm a retired district court judge, former prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and Assistant US Attorney. I've practiced law for four decades. I've never seen (or heard) of ONE person being prosecuted for using ANY hotel discount code. That doesn't mean somewhere, some person was unlucky. It does mean, that its likely to have never happened, given the volume of real crimes being committed every hour in the USA.

Bottom line, we are all free to choose. Frankly, what others do is no business of the the sanctimonious preachers among us.

Happy and safe travels to all.
Welcome to Flyertalk, IH8BIZTRAVEL. I have often used the PR Hilton discount codes, but mainly in the UK and Europe. Never had a problem, yet. I think most people's concerns are turning up at the hotel and being refused the room at the discount rate if they're not entitled to it. They could then be asked to pay the going rate, which could be considerably more. I'll just keep taking my chances.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: HH D
As a European, I can only wonder how many innocent people you have sent to prison forcing them to take a plea bargain. Must be thousands in a fourty year career. Sleep well on your Hilton stays.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone can use any corporate or promotion code they are not entitled to. My problem goes with the people who keep promoting codes that are not meant for the general public, time and again, like they are meant to be used that way, on weblogs and in other places.

For as far as I know, the Corporate Benefits code, which was only meant for honest trustworthy hardworking people, and worked great until recently, is now defunct because of that.

The Corparate Benefits code has never worked for hotels in the US of A. So it's beyond your jurisdiction.

Last edited by Sisosig; Aug 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:13 pm

Could anyone provide Hilton Corporate Code of Citigroup? Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:18 pm

Any reason why the IBM code is now coming up invalid?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
Works for me. Sometimes certain codes don't work at specific hotels. I've never used the IBM code so I don't know how widely it's supposed to work.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
try both, as have option of, usa ibm code + international ibm code.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hi folks,
I've read (almost) this entire thread and tried all the codes mentioned, but I cannot see any change in price. Just wondering if anyone is prepared to double check or see if they can get a better deal than me? 92 per night is the best I can see....and I dont really want to pre-pay in full if I can help it. Or 109USD for stay and save.
Hilton Opera Hanoi
December 18 through January 3rd

Thanks for any advice you guru's can offer me. :-)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:35 am

When booking online always select government price. Out of my hundreds of stays, I've only been asked to provide ID maybe 2-3 times. If you're Diamond member, there's a good chance they won't question you.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kenon
When booking online always select government price. Out of my hundreds of stays, I've only been asked to provide ID maybe 2-3 times. If you're Diamond member, there's a good chance they won't question you.
Welcome to FT, I think.

IMO, your first post does not set you up to earn any ethics award not that that was what you were trying to achieve. Again IMO we on FT should be assisting other members and providing advice that is within the rules of the HHonors program or other frequent flyer/stay programs not providing advice on how to cheat a business.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Hey guys! Do you have anything for Paris properties? The only thing I'm getting is the TEAM USA rate for the Waldorf in Versailles, but the code is actually making it more expensive than an offer that they currently have... Any tips?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.