Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2002, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For the UK, it would seem like an odd idea since they are only a mid level brand here any way ( with some noteable exceptions). I think it is a dire idea since I like getting 1,500 frequent flyer miles per stay which I get at Hiltons. Most of the other Hilton brands earn me zilch. ( tis a very personal view, but would think it would be a sensible business idea to be able to distinguish between their decent Uk properties and their standard ones )

Dave
Old Jul 30, 2002, 9:18 pm

France, London and Paris Hilton Trip Report

Let me first tell you that I am 33 and my wife is 28. I have been a Hilton Diamond memeber for the last 3 years. I don’t dress up on vacation and look like a bum most of the time.

We first spent the first 5 nights at the Hilton by the Eiffel Tower, we checked in and were taken over to the special desk to check in. We got a nice room on the 8th floor with a view of the tower from the bed. Fresh flowers, pastries, and a bottle of wine were delivered. We were also given access to the lounge, but we got tired of the food (cheese and bread) and the service wasn’t that great. In the lobby they showed that they were going to remodel the rooms. Total bill ZERO!!

Hilton Cavalieri was the next stop, only 4 nights. At check in we are taken to a small office area to the left of check-in. A very nice person checked us in and showed us the lounge and room. The view was to die for. The lounge was great!! They left a bottle of Champagne in the room on ice, and each night there was a treat left behind. The room was old, but who cares with a view like that. They have redone the floor with the lounge, and the new rooms look great. Total bill 6.75 euro. The shuttle was great, took it in and usually a cab back to the hotel, and was only around 10 euros each time. You need to be careful they will nickel and dime you every chance they get.

Hilton Milan was the next Hilton on the trip. The room was very nice and recently remodeled. The lounge was okay. We only spent one night, so no bid deal. Total bill was around 50 euros, which was all dinner.

Hilton Langham in London was our next stop. The hotel is very nice. The doormen had a very serious attitude. The lounge is on the second floor and only stopped in for breakfast. They about died when I asked for a diet coke with breakfast. We had an okay room, with fresh fruit. We saw many other Hiltons that were closer to the tourist areas, but this was nice as it was about a five-minute walk to a tube station. Total bill was around 12.00 euros.

The last stop was back to the Hilton Paris, the lady remembered us from last time. Got a room with a view, and flowers, wine and pastry. The hotel is in a great area, close to a metro stop and once the rooms are redone it will be a great hotel. Total bill was .31 euro, paid in cash.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 12:10 am

You havent said but obviously you used points!
interesting that you were upgraded at the Langham as most people say that they wont upgrade even Diamonds on an award stay.
Good report.
Ill be in Paris in sept again-i find the lounge staff a little off hand too.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 12:38 am

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Hi Msnowdon,

Great review. My wife and I will be at the Paris Hilton the first week in September. Do you remember the room number on the 8th floor with the great view?

Thx
Old Jul 31, 2002, 9:03 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Any sign of high speed Internet at any of these properties?
Rich
Old Jul 31, 2002, 10:51 am

Outoftown,

Pretty much all the rooms facing the front of the hotel have a view of the effiel tower. I stayed in room 0312 and got a good view.
Dont miss the exec lounge. Its got a view to die for. Good eats,wine and beer as well.

jay
Old Aug 1, 2002, 1:04 am

sounds like a wonderful trip...but I must ask...was this on points, or a paid stay??
Old Aug 5, 2002, 5:43 am

Nice Hiltons are in:

Berlin - Very nice location in the center of Berlin (Gendarmen Markt, Berlin Mitte).

Franfurt - Very nice location in the city, near nice shops and restaurants.

Lyon - Very stylish, modern hotel outside of Lyon. Between Saone(?, or Rhone) River and a park. Next to Interpol.

Strassbourg - Nice hotel, but not as good as the other hotels mentioned. City is a couple of minutes away.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 8:01 am

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
How about anyone with thoughts on Hilton properties in Italy?
Old Aug 5, 2002, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Stayed at the Paris Hilton 4 years ago. Excellent location, next to the Eiffel Tower and close to two Metro stations. One mile to the Champs Elysee. Nothing special about the restaurants and I wasn't able to access the lounge. I would return there, but it is a "premium" location requiring 150,000 pts for a 6-night stay.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 12:44 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Good rates in continental Europe?

OK, with all the cheap Hilton-brand rates posted across the US, how about some rates in Europe?

So far I found decent values for the Netherlands (Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen, 79€ for a weekend-night) and Germany (Hilton Dusseldorf, 95€ for a weekend-night).

Any other finds in the two-digit €-category???

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 5, 2002, 2:38 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
89 Euros for a week-end night at the Orly Hilton in Paris.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 4:51 am
Suspended

Dirk,

some of the new "Hilton" locations in Germany are not that expensive.Bonn, Bremen and Dortmund are offering rooms for under 100 Euros over the weekends.Bremen has some nice promotions with dinner and Bremen card for around 90 Euros

Strasbourg has weekend rates at around 100 Euros, same with Luxembourg and Antwerp.

However Six Continents not only sold Hotels in Germany to Hilton, but in the Netherlands as well.I am really sure, that the Royal Parc Soestduinen is a former Holiday Inn....
Old Sep 5, 2002, 9:05 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks for the replys. I was looking for something to combine with one of the cheap German Wings flights out of Cologne to finalize both my wife's and my INTU-challenge. GW will fly to LGW, MAN, CDG (probably too much hassle to go for the Orly Hilton for a weekend's stay), NCE, FCO, MXP, ZRH, BCN, MAD, AGP and ESB. ESB is not an option, and MAD and AGP do not have Hiltons nearby.

The other option would be to drive somewhere, but the place has to be interesting and still should not be too close to my home (which is located between Cologne and Bonn, that excludes these two and Dortmund).

Bremen would be nice also, but they do not have the mentioned 95€ rate available at all dates I checked, perhaps I have to call for that. Luxemburg would also be an option, as the Porcellain manufacturer Villeroy&Boch is close, but that probably would not be too healthy for my purse, so this will be a last resort only...;-)! Strasbourg and Antwerp would be yet another idea, I'll take a look into that.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 5, 2002, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I paid around Euros120 for the Vienna (Stadtpark) Hilton in July. Nice although small room on the club level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.