Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Staying at the Birmingham Metropole at the moment. Spirits were available last night. No sparkling wine. Coke and diet coke now in1.5 litre plastic bottles.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by russ1h
Staying at the Birmingham Metropole at the moment. Spirits were available last night. No sparkling wine. Coke and diet coke now in1.5 litre plastic bottles.
Yep, that's another cost shutting measure.....it's cheaper in plastic bottles....I don't know if it's psychological but I think it taste better out of a glass bottle, not that I drink it that often.....plus, don't look very " executive" having big plastic bottles out in the lounge........Canary wharf used to have red bull in the lounge fridge now that's gone too I noticed.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Yep, that's another cost shutting measure.....it's cheaper in plastic bottles....I don't know if it's psychological but I think it taste better out of a glass bottle, not that I drink it that often.....plus, don't look very " executive" having big plastic bottles out in the lounge........Canary wharf used to have red bull in the lounge fridge now that's gone too I noticed.
i totally agree Wizla^
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by russ1h
i totally agree Wizla^
Yup big plastic bottles makes the lounge more like a kiddies party area......oh hang on though
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
To be fair, I have not seen another European Lounge where equal amounts of bottles have been carried out of the lounge by partons, I have seen buggies being filled with 10+ bottles of coke at Bham Met.

1.5l bottles should reduce that issues somewhat, and if the food offer remains of the same standard, something I can live with.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by tezzer
Mm, no. I was in the Hilton Gateshead (on the South bank of the Tyne) a week or two ago, and the lounge definately had spirits, beers, wines and Prosecco.
Good to know, that is a welcome surprise ^ (not that it would entice me back to the place ). They must have had a change of heart, as I was there the week after the brand standard changes came in and the staff told us 'Hilton forced us to take them away' as if it was gone permanently.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by wizla
Yup, apparently they do sunday to Thursday ...however at weekends they don't as the hens and stags used to hit it hard and now everybody has to suffer if staying at weekends
They definitely didn't have them out on Sunday when we were there a few months ago. It was a struggle to get the woman to keep the fizz topped up, when she declared at the start 'we only have 6 bottle to use'. She managed to magically find another 12 afterwards though when people started moaning it was all gone

Must be a recent thing?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
They definitely didn't have them out on Sunday when we were there a few months ago. It was a struggle to get the woman to keep the fizz topped up, when she declared at the start 'we only have 6 bottle to use'. She managed to magically find another 12 afterwards though when people started moaning it was all gone

Must be a recent thing?
Yes mate maybe, we had the same issue with the cheese board there last year......." Sorry sir we only have one plate of cheese , when it's gone it's gone".......1 plate of cheese for a packed lounge!......I couldn't believe it.....jokers.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
To be fair, I have not seen another European Lounge where equal amounts of bottles have been carried out of the lounge by partons, I have seen buggies being filled with 10+ bottles of coke at Bham Met.

1.5l bottles should reduce that issues somewhat, and if the food offer remains of the same standard, something I can live with.
I must admit the food offerings are still the same . ^^
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:35 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by NewForester
As with all things "Hilton" you can interrupt this in many ways.

Good hotels will take this instruction as the lowest they need to go others will see it as an aspiration of the pinnacle of standards. It seems similar to the "lounge open until 20:00 instruction" which Madrid Airport takes as free bar and food until 20:00 then close lounge at 20:00 and eject the customers at 20:00. Others in Europe at least let you stay later.

Equally no mention of a need to provide any of this free-of-charge........
Hi NewForester,

Just responded within the Official HHonors FlyerTalk Ambassador thread with this info, but wanted to pass along to you as well!

Evening Offerings are provided complimentary within a certain timeframe at properties. Hotels can choose to offer alcoholic beverages outside of this timeframe at a charge – this decision varies by property.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:46 pm

Staying at Hilton Gatwick at the moment. Full range of spirits on offer plus wines and sparkling wine. Also 2 beer options including premium beer (Kronenbourg ) . Available 1800 -2100 every night!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, TK Gold
Recently stayed at Hilton Ankara, Hilton Kiev and Hilton Bomonti Istanbul. Some properties (Hilton Ankara) reduced the quality by replacing big brands with cheap low quality unknown brands but the spirits were still there.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Still dreaming about my stay at Dubai Conrad...Every drink on earth
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.