Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
I know I've had some concerns about a few things, but I have to say thanks to Erin for getting an issue of mine cleared up, and quickly.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:57 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Bluefan75
I know I've had some concerns about a few things, but I have to say thanks to Erin for getting an issue of mine cleared up, and quickly.
Hi Bluefan75,

Thanks for this feedback, and I'm happy we were able to assist! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:20 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I too want to give a public shout-out to Erin...I received an unsolicited phone call this morning from someone at the Diamond Desk in Dallas. This gentleman was very helpful, friendly and resolved my issue. I had the opportunity to provide further feedback on other aspects of the HH program...The experience was nice, and Erin, along with this gentleman both made me feel quite valued as a Diamond member.

That two things that HHRep (Erin) has gone out of her way to help me with recently. Love your presence here, Erin, and please keep it up! ^ I don't care what anyone says, you're alright by me.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I too want to give a public shout-out to Erin...I received an unsolicited phone call this morning from someone at the Diamond Desk in Dallas. This gentleman was very helpful, friendly and resolved my issue. I had the opportunity to provide further feedback on other aspects of the HH program...The experience was nice, and Erin, along with this gentleman both made me feel quite valued as a Diamond member.

That two things that HHRep (Erin) has gone out of her way to help me with recently. Love your presence here, Erin, and please keep it up! ^ I don't care what anyone says, you're alright by me.
I appreciate those kind words, MBS MillionMiler!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
While I appreciate Erin's efforts, it has become clear to me that she has not been empowered to address most issues. In one case - related to Citibank anniversary free night certificate - I waited 10 days for a response, she told me to call the Diamond desk, where the rep addressed my issue, scolded me for not calling them earlier, considered this forum window dressing, a waste of time.

Despite record profits, Hilton is leading the race to the bottom of the hotel industry. If Hilton was serious about this forum, they would provide Erin with support who are empowered to resolve issues.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
When there is a higher speed available, I systematically subscribe and, thankfully, nobody ever even tried to have me pay for it. Then again, I do not travel in NA...

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Erin,

I know this has been brought up in the past, but as I am sure you aware Marriott made an announcement this week that ALL MR members will receive free wifi and Gold and Plats will receive the highest speed gratis.

With this newest announcement can you have your team revisit the possibility of giving Hilton diamond's the highest speed gratis. Marriott, SPG and Hyatt all give the highest speed for free to their equivalent of HH Diamond. This would be a benefit that would cost the property virtually nothing to give HH Diamonds and would make accessing the internet for business purposes a lot easier.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
Thumbs down Jumpstart

Dear Erin,

I am reading very often now about something that annoyed me as well: being denied participation in the jumpstart promotion.

The answer we all get back from the Diamond Desk is a true insult. I my case receiving 3000 points is the equivalent of spending a mere 150USD. Stands in no comparison to the benefit of participating in the jumpstart promotion.#

Really a "not-so-smart" move by Hilton, creating such inequality. And making it worse by giving range of points to complaining elite from 2500-5000 points.

Bastiaan
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diver858
While I appreciate Erin's efforts, it has become clear to me that she has not been empowered to address most issues. In one case - related to Citibank anniversary free night certificate - I waited 10 days for a response, she told me to call the Diamond desk, where the rep addressed my issue, scolded me for not calling them earlier, considered this forum window dressing, a waste of time.

Despite record profits, Hilton is leading the race to the bottom of the hotel industry. If Hilton was serious about this forum, they would provide Erin with support who are empowered to resolve issues.
Hi diver858,

As we grow and develop this program, we are constantly learning how we can better serve the FlyerTalk community.

I sincerely apologize for the extra steps youve had to take to get this issue resolved. I do hope you continue to reach out to me with any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Erin
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bastiaan
Dear Erin,

I am reading very often now about something that annoyed me as well: being denied participation in the jumpstart promotion.

The answer we all get back from the Diamond Desk is a true insult. I my case receiving 3000 points is the equivalent of spending a mere 150USD. Stands in no comparison to the benefit of participating in the jumpstart promotion.#

Really a "not-so-smart" move by Hilton, creating such inequality. And making it worse by giving range of points to complaining elite from 2500-5000 points.

Bastiaan
Hi Bastiaan,

I understand your frustrations, and I will be discussing this with my team during our next call. Unfortunately, we are unable to add participants at this time.

Please reach out via PM with any further questions!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by bastiaan
Dear Erin,

Bastiaan
I also have the same frustration about being denied to participate in the American Airlines Platinum promo
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Thanks!

And to clarify outside North America are those offerings to be complimentary? Or can a property opt to chose to charge for the beer wine?

I wish Hilton would make beer and wine complimentary at happy hour in the NA lounges.
Hi ILovetheReds,

Evening Offerings are provided complimentary within a certain timeframe at properties. Hotels can choose to offer alcoholic beverages outside of this timeframe at a charge this decision varies by property!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond

for the record, i have been a HH Diamond for at least 5 - probably 7, years.

I have *NEVER* not *ONCE* received anything other than outright SPAM from hilton (vacation offers, timeshare pitches, etc.) - all i get are normal reservation confirmation/cancellations/check-in notices - and the SPAM.

never a "sign up for this quarters promo"

never anything to indicate any kind of exclusivity of being a diamond....

Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond
... another question

i have another question.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHETHER OR NOT A PROPERTY HAS AN EXECUTIVE LOUNGE?

Yes, that's in all caps for a reason. It's just stupid. This should be a selling point for the properties on hilton.com, not hidden here in some forum that I have to query just to find out if there is a lounge.

Why can't this be added to each and every (applicable) Hilton chain hotels website?

?????

doug
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: QFF
Hi

I was checking rates for London properties (2/12 - 5/12), surprised to see that most hotels did not show advance purchase rates. Has this rate been discontinued?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by batdude
for the record, i have been a HH Diamond for at least 5 - probably 7, years.

I have *NEVER* not *ONCE* received anything other than outright SPAM from hilton (vacation offers, timeshare pitches, etc.) - all i get are normal reservation confirmation/cancellations/check-in notices - and the SPAM.

never a "sign up for this quarters promo"

never anything to indicate any kind of exclusivity of being a diamond....

Hi batdude,

I completely understand how frustrating this can be, and investigations are ongoing for this issue. I will post any updates I'm provided!

Originally Posted by batdude
i have another question.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHETHER OR NOT A PROPERTY HAS AN EXECUTIVE LOUNGE?

Yes, that's in all caps for a reason. It's just stupid. This should be a selling point for the properties on hilton.com, not hidden here in some forum that I have to query just to find out if there is a lounge.

Why can't this be added to each and every (applicable) Hilton chain hotels website?

?????

doug
Thanks for your feedback. I think this is a great idea and will relay to my team for consideration!

Originally Posted by somebol
Hi

I was checking rates for London properties (2/12 - 5/12), surprised to see that most hotels did not show advance purchase rates. Has this rate been discontinued?
Hi somebol,

Please send me a PM with more details (which properties are you interested in/searching for) so I can help you further!

Thanks,
Erin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.