Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2000, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Welcome to the boards. I suggest you set your indicator to go back 120-days and go through the Hilton postings from the last page of the index forward. That way you'll find four or five separate postings relating to both Paris and London properties and they should answer your questions. I recommend everyone try this before posting requests for specific properties or cities, because their is a gold mine of information in the old posts and many of us who have provided this information over the years, want it shared with newcomers, but just can't spend the time re-entering this information several times a year. Hope you find these old reviews of help.
Old Sep 9, 2000, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Both are really execellent locations. We stayed at the Paris Hilton in June and were able to comeplete the entire trip without ever needing to take a taxi. The subway drop is just around the corner and we are great walkers and believers in public transportation, so that suited us to a tea. They put wonderful fruit plates in our room. As I recall, we got a better rate here after asking the Hilton agent twice if the published rate was the best possible rate.

We haven't stayed at the Hyde Park Hilton, but it also has a great location too and is one of the Hiltons I will try when we go back.
Old Sep 9, 2000, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I agree that the Paris location is great. Rooms were nice. I've stayed there three times, most recently last October, always with a fruit plate, and if I'm not mistaken, at least once with a half bottle of bubbly. Try to get a room facing the Eifel Tower. The hotel is just a block away from it and at night its in your face and beautiful. If you haven't been to Paris before, get ready for some spectacular beauty - expecially Luxembourg Gardens and the Tuileries (in front of the Louvre).
Old Sep 9, 2000, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I just booked a room at the Paris one last night. The online booking was down, so you call and ask for a room and give the dates. They say $390 or some such number a night. Ask if there are any specials, and since we are there for a weekend, the weekend special if less then half that, a better room, and includes breakfast.

Don't accept the first rate if it seems too high.
Old Sep 9, 2000, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Hilton HHonors Properties in London and Paris

What are the max number of people
allowed in the award rooms in Paris and
the different London hotels?
e.g. Langham,Conrad, Kensington, etc

For example, the Dublin Hilton is max
2 adults in award rooms while the Conrad
allows a max of 3 in many of the rooms.

I'm trying to find rooms to handle a small
family reunion - fun!
Old Sep 9, 2000, 8:13 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Most of the Langham rooms are not very big so it would probably be 2.
The Conrad Int. in London is a suite hotel and they will only let 3 in a suite.
The Kensington has some suites that allow 3.
I have yet to find any property that allows 4.
Old Sep 10, 2000, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Hilton Europe always have a variety of weekend specials, often running from Thursday through Sunday, and as you note including breakfast. However, watch out because some rates require a non-refundable deposit, some don't.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 9:47 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Make sure you get an upgrade in Paris... I had a standard room there and it was not so nice. Perhaps I was unlucky, but I thought the service was not that great, IMHO.

Old Jan 20, 2001, 7:43 am

Programs: DL: PM

I would like to solicit ideas, opinions, and suggestions regarding the subject hotels as I am planning a trip in February to Europe.

Since I plan to spend about two days each, I am looking for ideas and suggestions that would make the most of my limited time.

I thank all those who chose to respond in advance.

You can also email me at: [email protected]
Old Jan 20, 2001, 10:01 am

The Hilton in Amsterdam is in the Apollo neighborhood of the city. This is mainly a well-to-do residential area that also includes the headquarters of some major Dutch businesses.
I'm sure a cab (or tram) ride to the heart of the city is not a big deal.
There isn't much to do in the immediate area of the hotel unless you're there for business. There is a fancy shopping street not too far away.
The hotel itself is a typical business people oriented property. The room furnishings, however, are a bit on the old side (I'm talking '70s-'80s colors, not antique).
Avoid the Italian restaurant in the hotel at all cost. It is terrible. I still shudder thinking about the experience and it was more than 7 months ago...
If you like Japanese food go to the Okura Hotel which is not too far from the Hilton.
Old Jan 20, 2001, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check the search function for each hotel and you will find a number of posts that should answer your questions. NYC1 is correct about the Hilton in Amsterdam — assume you want the city one and not the airport Hilton — but I did enjoy my stay and used the tram extensively to get around. I asked, and was given a little tour of the suite where John and Yoko stayed during their honeymoon. It is preserved in a special Japanese minimalist decor with many original drawings hanging on the walls.
Old Jan 20, 2001, 11:18 am

Location: Meerbusch, Germany, Amex Centurion, SPG Plat, LH FTL,, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The Hotel Okura is awful, I mean the rooms, the Restaurants are good. Best Hotel in Amsterdam is "The Blakes", but very expensive (but worth).
Old Jan 20, 2001, 1:21 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hilton in FRA is VERY nice!
Old Jan 20, 2001, 4:41 pm

Originally posted by joergi:
The Hotel Okura is awful, I mean the rooms, the Restaurants are good. Best Hotel in Amsterdam is "The Blakes", but very expensive (but worth).
I haven't stayed there. I was recommending the restaurants. They have 2 Japanese restaurants: one is tepanyaki style and the other is regular style. Both are frequented almost solely by Japanese (the tepanyaki place a bit less) so you know the food is good.
Old Jan 21, 2001, 4:19 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
AMS : The rooms are great, the service wonderful, they even put up with my awful dutch (im learning so when in holland i dont speak english - coming from manchester some say i dont even speak that ) The restraunts though are pretty uninspired, in fact i would swap the restraunts at Schipol SO I could have that duck stuffed with Froi gras (ummmmmmmm) followed by a visit ti the tepanyaki.

Quite right Joergi the Okura restraunts are worth a visit.

Jon

BTW the mickey D's in AMS serve mayo with herbs in it, not quite duck with... but usefull info - and yes people i know mayo is served with everything in holland, its my second home. If you want a nice run out go to Dordrecht, 40 minutes train, years away from aywhere.

jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.