Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2001, 8:37 pm

The Frankfurt Hilton is one of our favoriates in the chain. We stay there four or five times a year and have never had a bad experience. As a Diamond member we've always been upgraded to the Executive floor (Which bascily has an open self-serve bar all day ) and within 30 minutes of check-in, room service brings us a small bottle of champaign and fresh fruit.

I highly recommend it!
Old Jan 21, 2001, 11:41 pm

I LOVED the hilton Amsterdam.The service is great I got a wonderful mini suite on a corner overlooking the canal and at night it looks lovely(in summer when its not raining)They gave me lovely strawberrys and champagne as a diamond member and the complimentry breakfast is lovely.the evening canapes are nice too though a bit sparce but no oone seems to take them up on it. I was only there for 1 overnighter twice so took a great canal ride for about $30us they picked us up in a big bus and took us throught the canals for what seemed like hours.id certainly stay there again. they also kept 120kg of our luggage while we went to paris.great hotel
Old Feb 17, 2001, 6:41 am

Cheap Hilton hotels in Europe?

To be able to qualify for the fast track to Gold I need one or two nights in Europe at some Hilton affiliated hotel. Where can I find the best price? Is there anyother Hilton hotels in Scandinavia besides the one located at CPH airport?

I can book the Hilton CPH for around 154$ including taxes.

I just found Hilton Maidstone in London for 59GBP. I have also found several other Hiltons in Europe for around the same price.

[This message has been edited by kempis (edited 02-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kempis (edited 02-17-2001).]
Old Feb 17, 2001, 8:40 am
DOC 2 BE

Kempis--

CPH is the first Hilton in Scandinavia.

The rock bottom, least expensive Hilton I have ever seen, is the Paris Orly Ariport Hilton that has a "3 for 2" special which comes out to 367 FF for the 3 Nights or approx. $50 a night!!!! However, you will have to stay there 3 nights and book under the special. The 1 and 2 day stays are more expensive. Check the Hilton website for the days it is available.

Good luck!

Old Apr 19, 2001, 7:24 pm

Can I sneak 4 in Europe?

I am going to Germany, Austria, Italy and London this summer. Could you please give me your honest answer about:
I am traveling with my 3 year old, 11 year old and mother. My mother doesn't want to sleep in another room. The hotel will not accept more than 3 per room. Do you think the European hotel rooms will fit 4? Do the hotels enforce their maximums? We are staying Starwood, Marriott and Hilton.

Old Apr 19, 2001, 7:24 pm

Can I sneak 4 in Europe?

I am going to Germany, Austria, Italy and London this summer. Could you please give me your honest answer about:
I am traveling with my 3 year old, 11 year old and mother. My mother doesn't want to sleep in another room. The hotel will not accept more than 3 per room. Do you think the European hotel rooms will fit 4? Do the hotels enforce their maximums? We are staying Starwood, Marriott and Hilton.

Old Apr 19, 2001, 9:48 pm

What hotel? Most of the hotels that I have seen show either one king or two single size beds, and maybe room for one rollaway. Four people cannot fit into that room. The hotels have every right to enforce their occupancy rules, and they may make you buy another room, and can charge you whatever they want for it.

I am sure that you can find hotels that have doubles, that can hold 4 people. Just keep looking.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 10:00 pm
DOC 2 BE

Try Holiday Inn or the upscale Intercont'l chain, where you may be able to purchase a 2nd room for 50% off under the leisure/business options program.

Old Apr 19, 2001, 10:22 pm

Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:
Try Holiday Inn or the upscale Intercont'l chain, where you may be able to purchase a 2nd room for 50% off under the leisure/business options program.
Thank you that worked out beautifully
Old Jun 5, 2001, 6:21 pm

I may want to bring my family on an upcoming trip. I can make reward res for my intended date, and they can offer either a queen or two twins. Not two doubles, two twins.

My wife and two young kids would accompany me. Anyone know if their rooms/bed accomodations are suitable for two adults and two kids?

And knowing French hotels, do they even accept children without having to get a second room?
Old Jun 6, 2001, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
The Paris Hilton has rooms with two queen beds. However, I don't know how many they let stay in the room.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 8:45 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Booking award w/ HH. Can you tell me about London Hilton and Hilton Paris?

I am looking to book a 150k premium Going
Global award w/ stays at London Hilton and
Hilton Paris. Please give me your comments
about these Hotels? Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2002, 9:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I liked the Hilton Paris, the location was near the subways and train lines, the view from the balcony of the tower was great, and even though we were there over a year ago we still talk about the warm breads for breakfast with the nutella spread on them.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 9:57 am

I stayed at the London Hilton a couple weeks ago on a 6 night award. I posted my thoughts at the end of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003033.html

You'll also find numerous other posts if you do a search on the London Hilton.
Old Jan 4, 2002, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA LifetimeGS, DL LifetimePM, HH Dia, Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz Plat
Stayed in Paris Jan 2000 for 5 days and it was absolutely wonderful. Great location as we walked 2 blocks to the subway.

Check in was done at the Honors desk off to the side of the Lobby and we were upgraded to a King room with a very nice view of the Tower. Rest of the view was so/so since we say apartments across the way.

We were given a gift basket of fruit preserves, cheese and a bottle of Red Wine and it was waiting for us in the room with a signed note card from the GM; very nice touch.

Honors floor has a great lounge serving continental breakfast as well as cocktails in the evening. I'm sure it's open during the day, but we were always out and about. The lounge has a wonderful view of the Trocadero acoss the river and I recall a little balcony that you may or may not be able to go out on. It was pretty cold in Jan, so we just stayed inside. Concierge was extremely helpful getting us reservations 2 very nice restaurants in the city.

Will be visiting again for Valentine's Day and will post a report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.