Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2002, 3:35 pm

I loved the Paris Hilton and was also upgraded but I was on a paid stay.
What about the langham in london.
It is their flagship!
Old Jan 4, 2002, 4:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tinkybelle:
What about the langham in london.
It is their flagship!
</font>
I thought the London Hilton on Park Lane was the flagship?
Old Jan 28, 2002, 1:05 am

Does anybody know if the Hilton Paris has high speed internet access? The description on Hilton's site is questionable. Wanted to know if anybody had first hand experiance. Also, if not, do you know if they charge for local phone calls (i.e., to a local Dialup number). Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 10:30 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Any hilton properties in istanbul & Athens

Thinking of a trip out here and curious to know about if there are hilton properties in either of these cities.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 6:32 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Catman,

The Hilton Athens is closed for major renovations in order to be ready for the Olympics in 2004. It is shut down at least until early 2003.

As far as Istanbul (formely Constantinople) it has two Hilton.

If you go to Hilton.com and do a search you'll have pix.

Good luck!
Old Jan 29, 2002, 6:43 am

Catman,

In Istanbul, there is also one Conrad, facing the sea.

Have Good Journey!
Old Apr 11, 2002, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United GS, Starwood Lifetime Platinum
paris, cannes, rome

I am planning my honeymoon for the first 2 weeks in October and wanted some advice on which hotels to use my points. I'm a diamond member and have points in my Amex MR that I can transfer into Delta to Hilton. Probably only 150K or so. I understand that I won't be able to take advantage of the GLOP award because I'm only looking to stay 2-3 nights per city. Do you think I can get the 6 nights but at 2 different consecutive hotels?
Has anyone stayed int the Noga Hilton in Cannes? Is the Hilton Paris "honeymoon material" meaning to say romantic and luxurious? I've heard great things about the Cavalieri in Rome but the downside is that it's a bit far from everything. I have points in Starwood as well, so I'll be using points for Excelsior stays in Florence or maybe Paris if the input from the Hilton is bad.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
IMHO the Paris Hilton is just an upscale business hotel. Its in a great location, however. The Noga Hilton in Cannes is much more luxurious.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 8:14 pm

Are you really going to use your POINTS for your honeymoon? You cheap $% *& %!!!
Old Apr 11, 2002, 8:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IM4Travel:
Are you really going to use your POINTS for your honeymoon? You cheap %!!!</font>
That's what they are there for. I figure I can save $2K on the flight alone and probably $3-4K in hotels (average of $300/night for 4* and higher hotel)and spend that money on 5 star restaurants and gifts. We will stay in luxury hotels, (starwood cat. 4 or 5)
ILuvParis, I think Cannes is a good call, the Hilton in Paris did seem a bit corporate. Anyone stay at the Cavieri?
I've heard Cannes can be done in 2-3 days and more than that would be a bit boring. So that means I have more points to spend. It's too bad Hilton doesn't have as many Premium hotels in France and Italy as Starwood does.

[This message has been edited by latony (edited 04-11-2002).]
Old Apr 11, 2002, 9:37 pm

man...that's tacky. Points for the honeymoon!! One of my colleagues thought he was going to do that...until his future wife found out!! She's having a hard time forgiving him...it's supossed to be a time to "spare no expense" and not think about "cheaping out"....but I guess there's all sorts in the world.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 9:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IM4Travel:
man...that's tacky. Points for the honeymoon!! One of my colleagues thought he was going to do that..."cheaping out"....</font>
I don't know if I should take offense to that, but I am definitely not "cheaping out" We're staying at 4 and 5 star hotels, does it matter that we're using points? I'm Diamond on Hilton and Platinum Starwood so I know I'll get upgraded (at least Starwood anyway) And after spending $20K on the wedding I don't think anyone here would spend another $6K on a honeymoon when they could use it for points. As far as the wife goes, cash in the bank is always going to make her happy.
I know plenty of people who went on their honeymoon on the "cheap" and staying at hotels like the Excelsior (Conde Nast Gold winnner) on points isn't so bad.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 9:54 pm

You don't get it....you could be staying anywhere from the Motel 6 up to being a guest at The White House....it's not WHERE you stay...it's the fact that you "used points" ...ahhh forget it....have a good time.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 11:02 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I'll be at the Paris Hilton over Labor Day. Right next to the Eiffel Tower I think will be the best feature. I was lucky that the diamond desk came through for me to get 3 rooms for my mom, aunt&uncle and my wife and I. For Rome, I recommend to other thrifty travelers one of the small hotels like http://www.hotelpaba.com/ , where my wife and I stayed, but remember, we've been married 16 years and my wife has gotten used to how cheap I am. We walked over and picniced daily at the Coliseum with cheap but excellent wine, watched several newly married couples getting their pictures taken in front of the Coliseum on Saturday. Walked to some great restaurants. Room had a private bath, ac, cont. brkfast and windows overlooking the busy street below. It's near a bus stop and subway station. If you want something better than the Hilton, (remember it's your honeymoon) the Lord Bryon http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/lord-byron-rome/ is supposed to be the best hotel in Rome.

Forgive my spelling and congrats.

[This message has been edited by outoftown (edited 04-11-2002).]
Old Apr 11, 2002, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Noga Hilton in November. It was great. Wonderful location anyway, no matter what room you get.

The Paris Hilton also has a great location but be prepared that not many rooms actually have a real view of the Eiffel Tower. We got a suite on the Tower end last time we were there but usual a view means that you get out on your balcony and hang over the edge to look at the tower.

Haven't stayed at the Hilton in Rome.

Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe we should have a Flyer Talk party in Rome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.